The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 12-10-2004, 05:33 PM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,779
Do you know at the funeral for Prince Bernard what colour will they wear?White like at funeral of Queen Juliana or black like at funeral of Prince Claus?I think black because at funeral of Prince Claus they wear black,and Prince Claus is the husband of The Queen.And Prince bernard is too,he is Prince Consort of Queen Juliana.
__________________

__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 12-10-2004, 05:37 PM
royal_sophietje's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , Belgium
Posts: 531
as far as I know, it will be a military-like funeral, and all royals/guests with a military rang are expected to wear their military uniforms.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 12-10-2004, 05:45 PM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,779
Thanks royal_sophie for the information.I think only the male will wear the military Uniform,the felmale will not.
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 12-10-2004, 06:47 PM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Thanks royal_sophie for the information.I think only the male will wear the military Uniform,the felmale will not.
Umm Do u by any chance,know who will be representing the Jordanian Royal family?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 12-10-2004, 07:37 PM
The Watcher's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Umm Do u by any chance,know who will be representing the Jordanian Royal family?
From BRMB:

Ruling Houses:


Belgium
King AlbertII

Denmark
Prince Henrik

Jordan
Prince Hassan bin Talal and Princess Sarvath

Liechtenstein
Prince Hans-Adam II

Luxembourg
Grand Duke Henri

Morocco
Prince Mulay Abdullah el Allaoui

Norway
King Harald V and Queen Sonja

Spain
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

United Kingdom
Prince Philip

Sweden
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Sylvia Others present:
King Constantine of Greece
The Aga Khan and His daughter Zahra Aga Khan
Bacharuddin Jusuf Habibie,former President
of the Republic of Indonesia
Mr.Walter Scheel,former President of Germany.
__________________
Nederlandstalig forum - All Things Royal
Princess Maxima Message Board
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 12-10-2004, 08:25 PM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
who will attend at funeral for Prince Bernard?

King and Queen of Norway,King and Queen of Spain, King and Queen of Sweden, and lots of more Kings and Queens and Crown Prince and Crown Princess.

Earl and Countess, Prince and Princess?

Sara Boyce
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 12-10-2004, 08:31 PM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
From BRMB:

Ruling Houses:


Belgium
King AlbertII

Denmark
Prince Henrik

Jordan
Prince Hassan bin Talal and Princess Sarvath

Liechtenstein
Prince Hans-Adam II

Luxembourg
Grand Duke Henri

Morocco
Prince Mulay Abdullah el Allaoui

Norway
King Harald V and Queen Sonja

Spain
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

United Kingdom
Prince Philip

Sweden
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Sylvia Others present:
King Constantine of Greece
The Aga Khan and His daughter Zahra Aga Khan
Bacharuddin Jusuf Habibie,former President
of the Republic of Indonesia
Mr.Walter Scheel,former President of Germany.
Thank you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 12-10-2004, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
From BRMB:

Ruling Houses:

Jordan
Prince Hassan bin Talal and Princess Sarvath
Thanks The Watcher for the information.

I think the choice of Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath makes sense; I believe Queen Beatrix has a personal friendsip with Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath.

DELFT, NETHERLANDS: Workers decorate Delft's New Church for the funeral of deceased Dutch Prince Bernhard, 09 December 2004. Bernhard will be buried next to his wife former Queen Juliana in the royal tomb in Delft 11 December. AFP PHOTO/ANP/ROBIN UTRECHT (Photo credit should read ROBIN UTRECHT/AFP/Getty Images)

Source: Getty Images
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flowers-a.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	63934   Click image for larger version

Name:	flowers-b.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	63935  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 12-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Vicomtesse's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
who will attend at funeral for Prince Bernard?

King and Queen of Norway,King and Queen of Spain, King and Queen of Sweden, and lots of more Kings and Queens and Crown Prince and Crown Princess.

Earl and Countess, Prince and Princess?

Sara Boyce
Didn't you read the list someone posted at the top?
By Earl and Countess you probably mean the Wessexes. It says if you read carefully that PRINCE PHILLIP is the one from Great Britain is supposed to represent the family.
Don't you think it would be out of place for the Wessexes to go when the other funeral guests are so much older and have a higher rank than them?
__________________
When a man gets up to speak, people listen, then look. When a woman gets up, people look; then, if they like what they see, they listen. ~Pauline Frederick
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 12-10-2004, 09:56 PM
MoonlightRhapsody's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Garden Grove, United States
Posts: 934
The younger ones are sometimes dispatched by the Queen to attend royal events due to the more senior members having prior engagements. I think it's whomever is available to attend that goes.

Also, I think what Sara was asking was who else was going to the funeral to represent Great Britain as well as the other countries.
__________________
*~* In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. *~*
*~* Judge not those who try and fail. Judge those who fail to try. *~*
Sweden's Picture of the Month Represenative
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 12-10-2004, 09:57 PM
bct88's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 181
Seeing the pictures of the workers decorating around the entrance of the Royal Crypt made me wonder...
Has there ever been a photograph taken of the inside of the Royal Crypt? I understand that it is not open to the public, but wondered if there was a photo taken of inside the crypt.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 12-10-2004, 11:04 PM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,779
Today the funeral will take place.God bless you Prince Bernhard.Wish him in rest.
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 12-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Gabriella's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomtesse
Didn't you read the list someone posted at the top?
By Earl and Countess you probably mean the Wessexes. It says if you read carefully that PRINCE PHILLIP is the one from Great Britain is supposed to represent the family.
Don't you think it would be out of place for the Wessexes to go when the other funeral guests are so much older and have a higher rank than them?
Sara's question was a perfectly valid one. Maybe she did not read the list posted at the top of the page. Quite often, the Queen does send the Wessexes to represent England at different royal functions. They attend most of the royal weddings even though other royal families send members of higher rank, usually the King and/or Queen. I, myself, am quite shocked that Philip is going. I expected Prince Charles to be the one attending.
__________________
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~ Les Brown
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 12-11-2004, 02:26 AM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,779
Yes,i also agree with you.We can not compare between higher rank and lower rank.Maybe The Wessexes are not as old as them but they are also Royals.Not the other are Royals and Wessexes are BEGGAR!They are all Royals.We should see ourselves are we Royals?Why we complain everything about them?
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 12-11-2004, 04:29 AM
The Watcher's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by bct88
Seeing the pictures of the workers decorating around the entrance of the Royal Crypt made me wonder...
Has there ever been a photograph taken of the inside of the Royal Crypt? I understand that it is not open to the public, but wondered if there was a photo taken of inside the crypt.
No pictures of that.
__________________
Nederlandstalig forum - All Things Royal
Princess Maxima Message Board
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 12-13-2004, 07:42 AM
Iain's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella
Sara's question was a perfectly valid one. Maybe she did not read the list posted at the top of the page. Quite often, the Queen does send the Wessexes to represent England at different royal functions. They attend most of the royal weddings even though other royal families send members of higher rank, usually the King and/or Queen. I, myself, am quite shocked that Philip is going. I expected Prince Charles to be the one attending.
Queen Elizabeth should be the one attending. It just the height of bad manners not to attend royal functions in other countries. Other monarchs go and so should she.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 12-13-2004, 02:32 PM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Queen Elizabeth should be the one attending. It just the height of bad manners not to attend royal functions in other countries. Other monarchs go and so should she.
elizabeth could not do anything rude even if she tried to, even non-royalists in GB agree that the woman is a total saint, has never put a foot wrong.

there must have been a reason for prince philip being there, maybe he really wanted to, not everything is protocol, some things are personal.

there was an interview with bernard at the end of his life, when he said something that puzzled me, it was about the lack of apprecitation of the polish army in WW 2 in the form of a monument (and I read about the polish cavalry brave attempt to defend their country on horses against the germans in tanks).

He said something about the english army in the ww 2 wich sounded non appreciative and I did not understand what he meant.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 12-13-2004, 06:07 PM
bct88's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 181
I believe that it is protocol (with the exception of King Boudewijn's funeral) that the British monarch (whether it be male or female), do not attend a wedding or funeral outside of the United Kingdom. This tradition has dated back for a long time. Also, it is somewhat of a safety issue nowadays so the foreign office (or some other office) I believe does not allow the Queen to go to such events.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 12-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Vicomtesse's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by bct88
I believe that it is protocol (with the exception of King Boudewijn's funeral) that the British monarch (whether it be male or female), do not attend a wedding or funeral outside of the United Kingdom. This tradition has dated back for a long time. Also, it is somewhat of a safety issue nowadays so the foreign office (or some other office) I believe does not allow the Queen to go to such events.
It is NOT protocol for the British monarch not to attend the funeral of others outside of her country. It is a CHOICE the British queen has made herself not to attend such events.
Queen Elizabeth has not attended any royal events NOT held in London with the exception of King Baudoin's funeral.
The Queen instead sends her husband or her children in her place when the monarchs of other nations go themselves.
It's one thing for the Queen not to go to the wedding of Frederik, Hamzah, or Haakon. But to not attend the funerals of her counterparts and contemporaries like Juliana and Ingrid is rude and an insult to their families.
It is also NOT a safety issue. The Queen travels freely to nations such as Zimbabwe, Germany, France and safety is not an issue there. But a funeral in Holland poses such a safety issue??? If the monarchs of other countries can go and are not afraid of security problems or bring their own security then so can Queen Elizabeth.
__________________
When a man gets up to speak, people listen, then look. When a woman gets up, people look; then, if they like what they see, they listen. ~Pauline Frederick
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 12-13-2004, 10:13 PM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,779
I think the Foreign Office does not allow The Queen to attend any weddings or funerals outside GB.You know in Japan, i read a book about the Royals it tell that Princess Masako can not do anything.There are always some nanny to go with her to know what she does, how she walks( It means that does she walks as she is Royals).And if she wants to phone to her parents she must ask the Office one or two weeks before.
__________________

__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Nicolas Romanovich passed away aged 92 lucien The Imperial Family of Russia 25 09-17-2014 07:32 PM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]