Pre-Inauguration Dinner at the Rijksmuseum: April 29, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Mathilde looked the best tonight! Absolutely stunning. Maxima also looked good.

jen121419, Maxima and Mathilde are at the top of my list too!

Such as shame MM chose to wear a sleeping-bag...

I was thinking the same thing. She has been looking very FRUMPY a lot in the past year or 2. For someone who really made a Beautiful Statement when she got married. She has been very spotty with looking great. I don't who is picking her dresses but she needs a new stylist. She has been looking like a Old lady instead of a Beautiful Young Woman( which she is). She can look Beautiful & classy at the same time. Just take a few pointers from Crown Princess Mary. Now, she is a stunner.

Uh...Mark Rutte...does that rhyme with cute?:wub:

Loved the part of Beatrix's speech when she said marrying Prince Claus may go down in history as the best decision she ever made.

All the ladies look beautiful and dashing. Matte-Marit looks like a maddle aged pregnant woman wearing her favorite night gown and ready for bed.

I think Stephanie is trying too hard. She should had over her wardrobe duties to Elie Saab --- she looked fabulous at her pre Wedding dinner and at the wedding.

Ooops! It was an Elie Saab. Perhaps she selected it without consulting him on what would be appropriate for such an occasion.

I do think she is trying to hard ... perhaps CPMary could give her pointers. I do think she has a great deal of potential.

Maxima looked absolutely awful - she normally looks at least presentable but this dress made her look like the Michelan man.

Mary looked good.

Camilla looked fabulous - she definitely was the best dressed one there.

Victoria was almost as bad as Maxima - could have been nice but the growth thing on her shoulder spoilt what might have been an acceptable outfit.

In my opinion Princess Mary and the Duchess of Cornwall were the best dressed, beautiful styles and color selection . . . :flowers:

NOW I know why I dislike Victoria's look tonight. That dress makes her look chubby. Unless she is in the early stages of pregnancy I think it's completely wrong for her.

And whatever that thing is on her shoulder, I want to snatch it off!

NOW I know why I dislike Victoria's look tonight. That dress makes her look chubby. Unless she is in the early stages of pregnancy I think it's completely wrong for her.

And whatever that thing is on her shoulder, I want to snatch it off!

Yeesh. I think weight and body criticism is negative at the best of times, but somehow it's so much worse when it's directed at someone with a well-publicized history of eating disorders.

Couldn't you have just said that the fit was off- thus implying the problem is the dress and not Victoria's figure?

I think you are over-reacting and taking political correctness to ridiculous levels. I love Victoria and think she is beautiful, and it never crossed my mind that this was insensitive because of her eating disorder which frankly I'd all but forgotten. I DID say the dress made her look chubby...not that Victoria herself was chubby.

But here goes...THE FIT WAS OFF. There.

Is that better?

Last edited:
Oh dear Lord. That is horrible, I officially hate it. Thanks LadyFinn...I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dinner was an absolute blast of a success and both the venue and the guests honoured and complimented one another.It was superb in every aspect!!Really!!

Now,with that part over,it's back to todays program.The Forces are already dressing-up:

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1520268

courtesy ANP....:flowers::D

I love the color of Victoria's dress, but as you all said before, the fit was off. That's probably because she used it before during her last months of her pregnancy and it has been fixed. so the high waist makes her look pregnant. I'd love her to be pregnant, but since she's not (not the we know of) it was not not the right choice. Love Mathilde and Letizia's dresses so much.

i do not think she used this dress during her pregnancy
but i can be wrong

Gala dinner to mark the coronation of King William Alexander in Amsterdam - Arrivals
Amsterdam, Netherlands - 29.04.13
http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=200515&version=caf

Queen Beatrix Of The Netherlands hosts a Gala Dinner
Amsterdam, Netherlands - 29.04.13
http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=200524&version=caf

Gala dinner to mark the coronation of King Willem-Alexander
Amsterdam, Holland - 30.04.13

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=200592&version=caf

What did you find so shocking about her?

She has 3 children indeed.

Back
Top Bottom