Pre-Inauguration Dinner at the Rijksmuseum: April 29, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohhhhh..its boring..the same dresses..necklaces..tiaras..
The same "Oh so pretty..."s....
Ok have a good time guys..I am off this thread..

What else were you expecting exactly? There is little to discuss except the dresses, tiara's and other jewels. It will be the same tomorrow.

Originally Posted by vkrish

What else were you expecting exactly? There is little to discuss except the dresses, tiara's and other jewels. It will be the same tomorrow.
Well, tomorrow we will proceed with "OOOh, have you seen how cute C-A/Alexia/Ariane is...?" :p

Last edited:
Of course it's going to be the same jewels..those pieces are historical.Royalty is all about maintaining tradition.Some people are such debbie downers.

Nice to see smiley Mabel..a bit sad that her husband is oblivious to this historical moment in the Dutch history.

Last edited:
Princess Masako planned to attend the dinner tonight and the coronation ceremony for Willem-Alexander tomorrow, attendance at other events was to be decided after consulting the doctors accompanying the couple.

I am very afraid that the fact that she was not able to do the only two things that had been definitely planned for her will end up having very bad consequences. Even if she should attend the coronation ceremony tomorrow, I doubt that she will be able to make up for her "failure" in the eyes of her parents-in-law, the IHA and the media.

While I am certain that Willem-Alexander and Maxima do not feel insulted at all by Masako´s absence and understand it, I fear that Japanese media will say that she has brought trouble to her hosts and put Japan to shame. I doubt that they will ever let her out of the country again.

I feel so incredibly sorry for her, and maybe even more for Naruhito who has to smile for the cameras, even if I doubt that he feels like smiling...

(Sorry for whining at what should be a happy event. Simply could not help it.)

Such as shame MM chose to wear a sleeping-bag...

Keep it coming folks, we can't get enough dresses and tiaras ......:D

My favourites: Mathilde of Belgium, The Duchess of Cornwall and Letizia of Spain.

The dresses of pcss Mette Maria and Victoria are forgettable, but come to think of it, tonight many of the foreign princesses are somewhat subdued in their sartorial choices.

It's nice to see a smile on Mabel's face tonight. I bet she's doing whatever she can to get through these two days without looking too worried.

viv

I like Maxima's dress- I would not on anybody else, but on her it works! She looks like the Queen she's about to be!Queen Beatrix looks divine! Love that color!

Absolutely loving all of the photos, thank you to all people posting :flowers:

Oh if only we could set up a designated 'only positives' thread and a 'say what you want thread'. (I would be living in the 'only positives') :flowers:

I don't think I've seen any negatives that I'd bother wasting my time writing about :cool:

ChiraC, a japanese lady, who is supposedly an expert told NOS that CP Masako just cannot adjust to the royal protocol, and she didn't sound nice. Some North Korean newsanchors would have sounded nice in comparison...

ChiraC, a japanese lady, who is supposedly an expert told NOS that CP Masako just cannot adjust to the royal protocol, and she didn't sound nice. Some North Korean newsanchors would have sounded nice in comparison...
I do not have a hard time believing it... *sigh*

Who is NOS?

I love the dinner pics, Camilla was chatting nonstop to Naruhito, Royals with a more important rank sat besides WA and Maxima (Lalla Salma and Albert). Really love, love those pictures. They all seemed so happy.
About Naruhito faking smile, he's not faking it. I think for the very first place, Masako was not supposed to attend this dinner because of the long flight. All we knew was that it was announced she will attend the investiture, not this dinner. Of course I was sad, since I expected to much, but she came to The Netherlands and will attend tomorow, so I'm really happy anyways.

Can someone tell me what are the dresscode for tomorow? Will the ladies wear long dresses and hats?

But are they criticizing Masako? And sorry if I'm off topic, but exactly what she has? Depression or something even worse, like panic disorder?

^so its long dresses and hats after all. Thank you.
But are they criticizing Masako? And sorry if I'm off topic, but exactly what she has? Depression or something even worse, like panic disorder?
She has had depression over the years because of harsh pression.

Love the dinner table, simple yet elegant.

Love the dinner table, simple yet elegant.

.. i also like that they have the dinner next to the famous Nightwatch painting :) you can't get much better entourage :)

Back
Top Bottom