Official Visit from Mozambique to The Netherlands: February 27-29, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
HE President Armando Emilio Guebuza and Mrs.Maria da Luz Dai Guebuza will pay an Official Visit to The Netherlands from wednesday february 27th till friday february 29th.

Program:

Het Koninklijk Huis

The programme in english:

Wednesday 27 February: The Hague, Delft

09.30 Arrival to Rotterdam Airport, minister Koenders will be present
10.00 Welcome by HM the Queen at Noordeinde Palace in The Hague
12.15 Meeting with African ambassadors in the Crowne Plaza Hotel
13.00 Lunch with representatives of Dutch businesses, Crown Plaza Hotel
15.10 Speech by the President at the TU Delft
19.45 Official photograph with HM The Queen at Noordeinde Palace in The Hague
20.30 Galadiner, Noordeinde Palace

Thursday 28 February: The Hague, Amsterdam

09.30 Meeting with minister Koenders of Development Aid on the ministary of Foreign Affairs
ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken
10.25 Speech of the President at the Institute Clingendael, in the presence of HM the Queen
12.00 Meeting with Prime Minister Dr. J.P. Balkenende, at the Catshuis in The Hague
12.30 Lunch with delegates of both countries, at the Catshuis in The Hague
14.00 Interview in het Carriage house, next to the Catshuis in The Hague
14.30 Visit to the First Chamber of Parlament
Meeting with members of the Chambercommissions of Foreign Affairs in the Great meetingroom of the First Chamber
Opening speech by the chairwoman of the First Chamber.
Speech by HE the President of Mocambique
16.00 Meeting with members of the Dutch Insitute for 'Multiple Parties Democracy'
19.00 Dinner with Mozambique-citizents that are living in The Netherlands, Victoria Hotel in Amsterdam

Friday 29 February: The Hague, Rotterdam

08.30 Breakfast at Noordeinde Palace with the Prince of Oranje and Princess Máxima
09.30 Last meeting with HM the Queen
10.20 Visit to the port of Rotterdam
12.05 Boat tour through the port of Rotterdam
15.55 Leaving for Rotterdam Airport.
17.00 End of the Official Visit

Last edited:
I wonder who will be present at the dinner for the president, the Prince of Orange is away in Vancouver and Princess Maxima probably just returned from Luxembourg. Hopefully we will see some tiara's, but moist likely that won't be the case.

27-02-2008 Noordeinde Queen Beatrix and President of Mozambique, Armando Emilio Guebuza, and his wife, Maria da Luz Dai Guebuza, at the ceremonial welcome at Palace Noordeinde in The Hague. The President is for a 3 day visit in The Netherlands - PPE-AGENCY pic's

and a few more via ANP
pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3

Last edited:
I wonder who will be present at the dinner for the president, the Prince of Orange is away in Vancouver and Princess Maxima probably just returned from Luxembourg. Hopefully we will see some tiara's, but moist likely that won't be the case.

Máxima already returned yesterday so she will be present,Margriet & Pieter,allthough Margriet still has to rest,doctors orders.Constantijn and Laurentien often are stand-ins for the PoO in these cases.No tiara's I'm afraid,usually not with an official visit

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/v/d Werf

Last edited:
I don't expect tiaras either though for some Official Visits they did use them (Ukraine I believe).

Is the Queen wearing a new brooch btw? I don't recall this one.

Noordeinde Palace this evening,gala dinner.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer/pool.

Isn't that the dress Maxima wore a few years ago for Prinsjesdag? Maybe in 2004?

Isn't that the dress Maxima wore a few years ago for Prinsjesdag? Maybe in 2004?
Yes it is the Prinsjesdag 2004 dress!

Someone should teach Máxima how to wear a jacket......

and someone should burn Beatrix' dress. That sleeves!:ninja:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Good lord! Máxima looks terrible! :neutral: Terrible jacket - either do it up or get rid of it! :bang: And in this picture I get the impression she's completely out of it

FYI: I have just made a post about Maxima's gown in her evening wear thread. Figured that it couldnt hurt to keep it up to date.

A pity that Margriet and Pieter weren't able to attend, I hope they are doing fine though.

The pictures look a bit 'empty' with only 2 royals there and the curtain in the background. I wish they would start including Constantijn & Laurentien at these events, and fort he picture...they have more interesting backgrounds at Noordeinde palace than a beige curtain.

The dress of the Queen is rather odd indeed, and the jewels aren't too impressive either. Maxima's dress is ok, though it seems to have slipped down a bit and the watch looks a bit strange in combination with an evening gown.

Last edited:
Yes I completely agree - I generally dont like to make comparisons between the royal houses, but a background more like the ones we see from the Spanish RF would be nice(r).
And yes, seeing C&L at these events would be good too.

Lovely pictures. I wonder why the rest of the family wasnt there or at least one or two other members, would be great to see them.
Maxima looks nicely put together, her dark perals are lovely, Maybe if the jacket was off this would be more of a gala/dinner look. BEatrix, no words! Hate the sleevess.

Maxima with First lady of Mozambique
picture

Sorry caption wasnt in english. Isnt this a very old outfit for Maxima, looks great.

It does look nice indeed, though due to the lighting the hair seems to be neon coloured ;). I have no idea what they were doing btw, the programme didn't say anything about a seperate event for Princess Maxima and the first lady.

Speech by HM the Queen:

Speech by Her Majesty Queen Beatrix at the gala dinner in honour of the President of Mozambique and Mrs Guebuza, 27 February 2008

The Hague, Noordeinde Palace, 27 February 2008
Mr President,
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you and Mrs Guebuza on the occasion of your official visit to our country.
You are the third President of Mozambique to visit the Netherlands. And our country is anything but unknown territory to you, since in both nineteen eighty-three and nineteen eighty-nine, you accompanied your predecessors, first as Minister of the Interior, and later as Minister for Transport and Communication. I also recall the visit you paid to the Netherlands in two thousand and four, when you were a presidential candidate. In brief, Mr President, you are no stranger to our country – and therefore all the more welcome.
Despite the fact that your country has existed as an independent state for only a few decades, it has had a turbulent history. The long civil war that afflicted Mozambique seriously impeded rapid development. Only after nineteen ninety-two could reconstruction begin.
Nature too has sometimes proved to be hostile. In 2000, my son, Prince Alexander, saw the appalling consequences of the devastating floods that had overwhelmed your country. And less than two months ago, floods once again took the lives of a number of people and made many more homeless. This time, fortunately, the measures taken by your country to cope with the violent forces of nature proved capable of limiting the impact of this disaster.
Despite these setbacks, a clear process of economic development can be observed in your country. To a large extent, this is based on Mozambique's own potential, and on the raw materials and energy resources that it possesses. Increased agricultural productivity – your ‘Green Revolution’ – plays an important part in this respect. Furthermore, development is supported by countries that have Mozambique’s future at heart. Cooperation with these countries focuses primarily on poverty reduction and structural development, whereby improving education, health care, and access to clean drinking water and good sanitation are the main priorities. The choice of Mozambique as one of the countries where the United Nations intends to implement its new efficiency plan, entitled Delivering as One, will further support the achievement of the Millennium Goals in your country.

From www.koninklijkhuis.nl, read the entire speech here.

It does look nice indeed, though due to the lighting the hair seems to be neon coloured ;). I have no idea what they were doing btw, the programme didn't say anything about a seperate event for Princess Maxima and the first lady.

The caption had HIV/AIDS in it, so I would assume it had to do with that. It seems like it was a very private meeting.
After pointing it out, the hair looks a funny color:mellow:

I think that it shows how much faith the royal family has in Maxima that she attends a gala dinner when her husband is unable to attend. I think that it is wonderful!

Well I am glad she did, otherwise the Queen would have been alone!
---

To dazzling, the ANP caption says that they were visiting NOVIB/Oxfam, so maybe a project by them to fight HIV? The organisation has projects in Mozambique about micro finance, AIDS prevention and the position of women.

what a gorgeous gala gown maxima wore! i'm delighted. she looked super elegant.

Yes, a very elegant gown, although I would have liked to have seen her without the coat.

This was my second fave "Prinsday" outfit( the red was the best).
She should've worn it without the jacket used the grey pearls with diamonds.

Aren't there any pictures of WA and Maxima at Noordeinde Palace on February 29?

I like her dress, It's fron Natan, I guess. Her a photo from Picturepress Hendrik Jan van Beek :)

hahaid3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom