Official Visit from Germany to The Netherlands: May 15-16, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

King Willem-Alexander received the President of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier and his wife with a welcome ceremony in Den Haag today, May 15:

** ppe gallery ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
A pity that the queen was unable to attend. Perhaps she will be there for lunch.

A pity that the queen was unable to attend. Perhaps she will be there for lunch.

Is she ill ? Sorry, I wasn't aware of that official visit and don't know the details.

She opened a design-lab in Bois-le-Duc this morning. Apparently an official visit of a mere German president does not warrant the attendance of the Queen and the court saw no reason to reschedule the opening.

Edit: according to the royal website, the Queen did attend the lunch that was offered to the president and his wife.

Last edited:
:previous:

The above posted belga gallery has been updated with photos of the lunch, including Máxima :flowers:

Thanks for the picture. I see they used a rarely public seen salon: the daily dining room of the stadtholderly (later royal) family in the 17th C part of the building.

Picture. And a detail of the original gold leather wall panelling: picture. (Taken away and waiting for restoration).

I love it that the King and Queen use all rooms in the palace and do not stick to certain predicatble venues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom