Official Portraits of the Dutch Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
Let's post some of the official portraits of the dutch family :)

LEEUWARDEN-BEATRIX-SCHILDERI

from anp

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 558
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 549
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 597
There are some on the official website I believe. (At least there were last time I visited it, admitably awhile ago...)

[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]The King and Queen have posed for the painter Urban Larsson and these new portraits have unveiled

https://images0.tcdn.nl/binnenland/...s/Schermafbeelding+2017-02-08+om+14.03.49.jpg
https://images0.tcdn.nl/binnenland/...Y/qs/0c75e24d-847f-4e4c-99cf-5e34d59c00f9.png

'Máxima is te zwaar zo'|Telegraaf TV Nieuws| Telegraaf.nl
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

A large portrait of Princess Beatrix by the Dutch Artist Ans Markus will be among the recent acquisitions to be exhibited at Paleis Het Loo in Apeldoorn this year

https://scontent.fskg1-1.fna.fbcdn....=f5e33b61e3d94443a26e0b40b4939701&oe=5941BD99

Last edited by a moderator:
The king looks about half his actual weight. What an odd painting.

I like it. The portraits are huge, twice the actual size of the persons. Probably they well hang high in a gallery and then you have another perspective. That a portrait is flattering, is of all times. I like the classic approach.

Huge portraits in a salon of Noordeinde Palace: picture

I think the portraits are made for such a similar setting, they have that size. The classic paintings can hang in between such a gallery without becoming distracting to the older ones.

The artist next to the portraits: look to the size: picture

From that perspective, I like it very much!
http://images0.tcdn.nl/binnenland/a...RY/q/1c153a3a-f78b-4e7d-94b1-f98797c38de8.jpg

Last edited:
The king looks about half his actual weight. What an odd painting.

He has been this thin since his late teens i think :lol: imo it's beyond flattering, bordering on "alternative fact" :lol:

Beautiful paintings in my opinion; ideal for the perspective and scale of their surroundings.

Great Orange Evening Dress for the Queen but the end of her Sash is not at the right place.

interesting that maxima has chosen a dress for the portrait that has been with her since the start of her journey as royal! she wore it shortly after her own wedding to WA, for the wedding of martha louise.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/08/60/88/086088929f666a7e20a3bc9036cda261.jpg

i think it is fitting - not only because orange is the colour of the dynasty but also, i guess, in a way to recognise the long way she has come from the moment when she married and became princess of the netherlands and orange-nassau.

i also find it so exciting that some royals stick to the tradition to have paintings of them, rather than just simply posing for official photographs. well done to them for sticking with tradition. :)

King W-A looks rather sleek and slimmed down compared to reality, :) but these portraits are extremely like their subjects otherwise, and I think they're fantastic.

I like it - but they indeed look like painted in the 19th century... Just look at the King and his outstreched, pointing hand!

Last edited:
I really like them,Queen Maxima looks so regal!

Beautiful portraits and a very specific and classic style we do not often see these days. The artist has clearly taken where they are now hanged into consideration when painting them.

That's enormously flattering to W-A. Has he ever been that handsome? Personally, I don't think so.

I am pleasantly surprised that in 2017 still such classic portraits are ordered. One could easily be blamed for being conservative, but for that monumental wonderful location these two portraits were just perfect and in harmony.

Queen Maxima wears a great Orange Dress but the End of her Sash is not at the right place.

She always wears her cordons so that the star, or cross, or whatever pendant, is facing the viewer. When you look to other royal ladies (and gentlemen) that mode seems not unusual.

I must say beside the issue of him being much more slimmer, this think with his hand in his weight like a show girls, mmmmm, not for me........:ROFLMAO::whistling:
I like her painting, very glamorous!
and I like that they went with tradition

Traditional ? yes.. Well painted NO...The likenesses are adequate, but it is not HIGH quality portraiture

Last edited:
the problem i have with some of the modern painter is that they try hard to make the portrait realistic and almost looks like a picture and while trying to be realistic it goes to the verge of looking more cartoonish we need more portrait like this one QEII if the royals wanted a realistc portrait they would had gone with photographed photo not a portrait .

THIS is a modern portrait [worthy of the name] ! By Richard Stone.

Attachments

• elizabeth.jpg
    elizabeth.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 287
Back
Top Bottom