Her Majesty Queen Máxima holds a paintroller in the Dorpshuis (Parish Hall) in Tricht.
NL Doet! (NL does!) is the national volunteer day organized by the Orange Fund. The King and Queen are patron and patroness of this Fund which was a wedding gift to them.
This year 7.579 works are done by around 325.000 volunteers.
A handful of works:
- renovation of the materials storage PSV Baseball Eindhoven
- cutting willows alongside the river Jeker near Maastricht
- building new stables for the Horseriding for Disabled Club in Amsterdam
- planting thousands of tulip bulbs in the Mariahoeve neighbourhood, The Hague
- building a new website for a Clubhouse for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired, Groningen
- super cleaning day for the Philippus Lansbergen Space Observatory in Middelburg
- polishing the silver and copper in the Lutheran Church, Arnhem
- building a new pier for the Ypsilon Rowing Club in Leeuwarden
- hanging new wallpaper in the living room of an elderly couple, Sittard
Etc. Etc. Etc.
The one day she glitters and glams, all bedecked in awesome Orange-Nassau diamonds, entering the magnifique banqueting hall in Fredensborg Palace, Copenhagen. The other day she wears a t-shirt and takes a paintroller, so that the youth in the village of Tricht have a fresh and clean sports venue again...