NL DOET (Formerly 'Make A Difference Day')

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

Yes, thanks! :flowers: When I've posted the gallery, it had not been updated with pictures of all of them yet..

King Willem-Alexander helped building a fairytale garden for small children at Kinderboerderij De Veenweide in Soest.

Some photos shared by the Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Last edited:
Wonderful as always to see Princess Beatrix.

One of my favourite Dutch royal events and doesn't Princess Beatrix have such green fingers!

And here she is again,the wonderfull,vibrant Princess Beatrix on the national volunteer weekend NL DOET!A delight to see her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Annoying to be, well required to do a paint-job when you are not dressed for it. :lol:
No matter how careful you are, you'll still get paint on you.
https://robinutrecht.photoshelter.com/index/G00002Q3TqbjPuAg/I0000Yy7fOHE2EkI

And here we have someone using a round brush (and not too big!) on a table!
https://robinutrecht.photoshelter.com/index/G00002Q3TqbjPuAg/I0000IQCW.yHWq8c
Might just as well have used a toothbrush.

Last edited:
It seems that no other member of the RF is participating this year.

Princess Beatrix is still injured from a ski accident I believe so I guess that is why she isn't there?

It's the NL DOET volunteer action's 20th edition this year and Princess Beatrix started with helping on a city farm today, March 15. She also helped feeding the two lambs Bea and Trix ;)

** anp gallery ** rex gallery ** ppe gallery **

In the afternoon King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima prepared and served snacks for vulnerable people:

** rex gallery ** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Such a great day!
I do wish the girls were more involved, especially Amalia. But understandable if their studies have them busy.

It would indeed be wonderful if the princesses would get involved in NL DOET as well. This year is the 20th anniversary of the event, so that would be a great moment to start. There are various activities over the weekend, so it should be possible for them to join one of them for a few hours.

However, of course Alexia is on her gap year so could be anywhere in the world and Amalia's presence would require a lot of security presence; Ariane is still under age and at school in Italy. So, while I hope Amalia and Alexia show up somewhere, I don't keep my hopes up too high.

Nonetheless, I do expect some other family members to show up at various activities over the weekend.

Participation was low this year: only the king, queen and princess Beatrix... No royals showed up elsewhere on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom