The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-24-2014, 11:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
The Netherlands is gifted with a wonderful royal family and the image of the King discreetly holding the Queen's hand resonates. Each showing their grief for their country in to vastly different ways. It was knowing that they were each drawing solace from the other that enabled WA to retain the dignity expected of him in his position and allowing Maxima to weep for them all.

Perfectly said Marg.

Those scenes and pictures are just heartbreaking. That one shot from the air and all you can see is that line of hearses...That had me sobbing. I'm sure I'm not the only Canadian here who on seeing the images of all those people on the overpasses had flashbacks to The Highway of Heroes days. Just so very, very sad.

I would hope a representation or someone from our Embassy/Consulate is/has been there for the Ceremonies at the Base, as there was a Canadian on that plane.

At least they're now being treated w/the Dignity and Respect they deserved from the moment this vile act happened.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 07-25-2014, 01:51 AM
Courtier

I was deeply moved while watching this ceremony. My sympathies are with everyone who has suffered aloss in this tragic time.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Euronews

Old 07-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

This makes me weep, I seeing this makes me so angry at the world for not doing something regarding Putin, the Dutch people have suffered so much in the past and now this...I pray that there is some type of peace will come to the people, I felt this angry when events in my country similar to this (murder of innocents) happened. I sincerely hope world leaders have the strength and courage to go after those responsible regardless of who they are or what the economic reasonings are.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Courtier

I must say that I much admire the Dutch for their restraint when the news was first announced. They have handled this tragedy with such patience and dignity.

I hope our Australian team is working well with the Dutch and that together they can bring all the bodies home to their loving relatives and friends.

God bless all those going through the immense pain this terrible incident is causing.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

The NY Post is reporting that one of Putin's daughters is living in the Netherlands. The Post can be a questionable source.
Is this true? Does anyone know?
Old 08-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness

Yes she lives/lived in Voorschoten which is in the province of Zuid-Holland. It's close to Leiden. Rumor has it that she and her Dutch husband have fled.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:59 AM
Majesty

Remembrance service MH17,november 10th.

TM King Willem Alexander and Queen Máxima,TRH Princesses Beatrix and Margriet and Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven will attend the Remembrance service at the RAI,Amsterdam on monday november 10th 2014.

Dutch tv NPO1 will air the service from 12.50PM till 14.30PM local time,GMT+1.

In a meeting with the Dutch press this morning during the State Visit to South Korea,the King said that he expects the meeting to be very emotional for both him and Queen Máxima.The Queen mentioned the example of a mother who lost two of her children who could use all the support.Queen Máxima stated she and the King give support to all the affected with all their love,"and it never is too much" added a slightly emotional Queen Máxima.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:27 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The national memorial is being held right now, at the RAI in Amsterdam.

The memorial is attended by the king, the queen, princess Beatrix, princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven. 1600 relatives and friends of the victims were present.

The evnt is shown live on the first public channel: NPO 1 - Live tv

All names and ages of the victims were read by relatives/friends and were projected in screens surrounding the audience.This was followed by the national anthem.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

PPE

PPE Agency
Old 11-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Some more pics of today's memorial can also be found here:

** dpp gallery: Dutch Royals attend MH17 memorial ** anp gallery ** ad.nl video **
Old 11-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

It was a most dignified ceremony. Especially the King was grief stricken, I must say, as if he felt the sadness of the nation on his shoulders.

The King, Queen Máxima, Princess Beatrix, Princess Margriet and her husband Professor Mr Pieter van Vollenhoven were at the National Remembrance for the victims of Flight MH17 which went down above Ukraine. 283 passengers and staff died in the crash, amongst them 193 Dutch citizens.

The King and Queen Máxima
http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/anp...1796080089.jpg

Princess Beatrix and the King's Commissioner (Governor) of the Province North-Holland
http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/her.../747124450.jpg

Princess Margriet and Professor Mr Pieter van Vollenhoven
http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/mar...3379842542.jpg
Old 11-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for sharing the links to this very solemn event today.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Have all the bodies been found and buried?
Old 11-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

284 victims have been identified. The rest have yet to be identified. According to latest reports, body parts are still at the crash spot.

Tags
king willem-alexander, pieter van vollenhoven, princess beatrix, princess margriet, queen maxima