Lech Photo Sessions: 2005-2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, in 1672 (disaster-year) most people would have disagreed with you on that ;)

carlota said:
oh, now we solved the mistery of that phrase being similar in english and dutch....

i remember seeing a video long time ago (the famous stolen video of willem and maxima's argentinian visit) where maxima was talking to amalia in spanish while getting her hair done. she was saying something like "donde esta la bebita linda de mama?" (where's mommy's cute little girl?)... thought it was really cute.

mmm do you know where can I get that video from? Thanks ;)

Henri M. said:
Dutch, Spanish and English.
Also the Prince can understand Spanish very well, and speak it more or less.

Yes. Unfortunately I never saw any interview with him, during the official visit...maybe he had a chance to mumble some words in Spanish...BTW has WA ever been listened to, while speaking Spanish? Some spare words at least? :ermm:

AnneGirl said:
yes, hier definately sounds like here, thats why english speaking people will think it's english, and only dutch people (or maybe german people too) will hear that she really was speaking dutch, not english. hier may sound like here, it really isn't the same. there's a slightly different tone to it.

I agree. I listened to it several times. I believe she meant to say it in Dutch, and she did, but made the "hier" sound like a "here"...

Still the premier family during the Stadtholderless eras

princess olga said:
604 years with a few, well, let us say, Oranje-breakes in between (during some of which the Republiek did just fine being a republic, thank you very much!) ;)

The Nassaus were still the premier family during the two Stadtholderly eras, which is a misleading name because these periods were mainly in the provinces of Holland and Zealand only.

The First Stadtholderless Era was from 1650 (death of Willem II) until 1672.
All this time his son Prince Willem III (born after the death of Willem II) was declared 'Child of State' and was de-facto being given all the honours of a Sovereign Prince and Stadtholder. His two Regentesses, grandmother Princess Amalia of Orange, Countess of Solms-Braunfels and his mother Princess Mary (Stuart) of Orange, The Princess Royal were sharp on that and in Friesland and Groningen Willem-Frederik of Nassau was Stadtholder. During this time there undoubtedly was one premier family, living in the same palaces (Noordeinde and Huis ten Bosch) as Queen Beatrix now.

The Second Stadtholderless Era from 1702 (death of Willem III) until 1747: the Lords States have declared the Office of Stadtholder hereditary for the issue of Prince Willem III. But there was no issue. So Holland and Zealand declared the Stadtholderly Office 'vacant' and had no plans to seek for another Stadtholder. But in the meantime Prince Johan Willem Friso of Nassau was Stadtholder in Friesland and Groningen. His son, Prince Willem IV would become hereditary Stadtholder for all the provinces. So also during this era the princely family remained in the Netherlands and was undoubtedly the nation's premier family.

World War II meant the exile for the Dutch royal family from May 1940 to September 1944, but the Kingdom remained with an occupied Netherlands, free Netherlands West Indies, partly occupied Netherlands East Indies and the Queen in London, remaining Sovereign de facto and de jure.

So this means that only the French occupation of 1794-1813 must be corrected: 604 years - 19 years = 585 years the premier family of the Netherlands.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
Also the Prince can understand Spanish very well, and speak it more or less.

Ah yes.. many of my classmates from Dutch lessons, who have been speaking with the Prince on one of the receptions at the State Visit to Argentina in 2006, said he can speak spanish very good:) -- and that he even make jokes:lol:

Great pictures of a cute family!
The kids are all very charming (poor ,crying Alexia ;) ).
It's funny to see that Máxima talks to her kids in 2 languages- Dutch and Spanish!

By the way, does she call Amalia "Ama"? :ermm:
She says something like this... strange short form..

Princess_Beatrix said:
By the way, does she call Amalia "Ama"? :ermm:
She says something like this... strange short form..

I think she referred to Amalia as "Ama" because maybe that is what Alexia knows her by.

Great pictures of the family. The childrens are so cute, (poor Alexia).

Henri M. said:
- what about Willem-Alexander: will he become 'King-Father'?

I know this doesn't happen in the Netherlands, but if they did do such a thing, Willem-Alexander would be "Queen Father" not "King Father" because his daughter would be Queen

:ROFLMAO: "Queen Father" sounds quite funny to me!

Princess Maxima said:
Ah yes.. many of my classmates from Dutch lessons, who have been speaking with the Prince on one of the receptions at the State Visit to Argentina in 2006, said he can speak spanish very good:) -- and that he even make jokes:lol:

any videos or audios on this?

carlota said:
oh, now we solved the mistery of that phrase being similar in english and dutch....

i remember seeing a video long time ago (the famous stolen video of willem and maxima's argentinian visit) where maxima was talking to amalia in spanish while getting her hair done. she was saying something like "donde esta la bebita linda de mama?" (where's mommy's cute little girl?)... thought it was really cute.

I've heard of that, but I never found the video...any chances of getting the link to it? Thanks :flowers:

Lech Photo Session: February 10, 2008

According to www.royalblog.nl the annual Lech photosession of the Dutch RF will be on Sunday 10 February. ...on a sunday so I suppose mr. van der Vlies of the SGP won't be overly pleased ;)

Last years photoshoot can be found here.

What a lovely family and how beautiful the children are. I always wonder why Friso, Mabel and their children are not present in such occasions.
It is a family thing isn't it, not an official one

Very adoring pictures from the family. Yes it is a pitty that Friso and Mabel not present are for a shot, than we have the queen with all her grandchildren.

Wonderful pictures! It's great seeing the family together again in Lech. I wasn't really expecting another photosession this winter as we already got to see the girls in Argentina, but this is great! I love the way Maxima recycles the girls outfits, Alexia wearing Amalia's old blue suit, and Ariana wearing Alexia's old outfit. Very sweet. Can't wait to see even more pictures and videos

Good pictures! Ariane is looking more like Alexia for some reason, to me. Maybe because she was wearing the old outfit, or maybe she was crying? I don't know. But she really did.

Why was Laurentien's little boy (forgot the child's name), wearing a Norwegian flag on his cap?
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

his name is Claus-Casimir

(his older sister is Eloise, and younger sister is Leonore)

Ok, thanks. I know Eloise and Leonore, but I just couldn't remember Claus-Casimir!

Lovely pictures of the family.
Amalia on skii's looked too cute to be true. I guess this is teh age where they start teaching them how to skii. I loved Maxima's jacket, color is lovely. She looks very tired/worn out. I wished that the girls had worn little hats to keep their ears/head warm, I think its too cold to be out running about like that.
Laurentien's children looked like they were having so much fun today as well.
(anp pictures)

Tons of great pictures of today - RoyalPortraits

Last edited:
She looks very tired/worn out. I wished that the girls had worn little hats to keep their ears/head warm, I think its too cold to be out running about like that.

Princess Máxima told the photographers and reporters that Princess Ariane is ill. She had a cold and didn't sleep well last night.

The kiddies are so cute! All of them! The A-team looks so much alike.
Thanks for the links everyone!

Such great photos! Maxima looks good in purple. The color suits her. I love that she recycled the girls' outfits. That is such a normal and down-to-earth thing to do. They have such a beautiful family.

I always love these photo sessions... The family is so great, i really like all the cutie kids and a very proud grandma ;)

I also thought that Leonor is wearing a ski suit that Amalia was wearing in 2006, the brown jacket and the pink trousers

I thought it was Alexia when I first saw pictures of Máxima holding Ariane :rolleyes:.
The 3 siblings look really much alike! Especially Ariane and Alexia!
The same goes for Leonore and CC. Leo looks so much like her older brother when he was in her age!

"The A-team" that's cute i like it! thanks for all the photos and links, i love to see these 3 little girls, they're so precious ;) it looks like everyone was having a good time except the smallest little ones- it's cold and they don't seem to like it much, poor parents having to listen to all that crying and smile at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom