Lech Photo Sessions: 2005-2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's understandable why they asked for some extra days for Amalia, since the Princes have a stressful along the year and they cannot be always with their children, etc. But the same happens with top lawyers, doctors, and artists, and there are no dispensation for their children. I know Amalia must be delighted to be in Lech instead of school (who wouldn't? :) ) but IMO that is not a good decision from the Royal House, because it seems they consider themselves above the laws.

Anyway, beautiful pictures. Amalia is already soo tall!

the only thing this is a holiday not a royal duty, just that she fet use to photos1 they all look lovely great family and the girls are adorable!!!!! and look like the love skiing!!!!!

They are a great family :flowers:
The girls are absolutely adorables :wub:

Beautiful family. Pitty that there's no all Beatrix family (sons).

Lovely photos! I look forward to this every year. I love how many pics there are of grandma Beatrix with her grandkids. Maxima looks great. And the Queen looks wonderful. There are some really great pics of the Queen.

Lovely photos! I look forward to this every year. I love how many pics there are of grandma Beatrix with her grandkids. Maxima looks great. And the Queen looks wonderful. There are some really great pics of the Queen.
I agree, the Queen does look especially wonderful. It's hard not to love her!!!

whay is not mabel and friso and the kids there?

I suppose school holidays in the UK are different than those in The Netherlands too and perhaps it is more difficult for both Mabel as Friso to take a holiday, they seem to have the most demanding jobs of the RF.

-------

Although royalblog mentions that the RF barely spoke to the press they did seem nice enough on television. All smiles and princess Laurentien even helped a photographer, as the protection of his camera fell on the slopes which he could not access. The princess picked up the thing and gave it back to the man. The crown prince seemed to go at great lenghts to try to make his daughters smile, but they seemed to be on strike and refused to do so.

Last edited:
The article also mentions that the royals didn't say much, as 'last year is was a big mess', according to the crown prince.

--
According to royalblog the royals could barely be bothered by saying a 'good morning', perhaps they were annoyed by a camera crew of the NCRV who has some balloons and other toys to attract the attention of the younger royals.
--
ON Another note: Willem-ALexander and Maxima asked for dispensation from the Bloemcampschool so Amalia can stay longer in Lech than just one week. ... of course one can wonder how normal schoolrules are if you are an Orange-Nassau, I can imagine that 'Joe the Plumber' won't be able to bend the rules as easily.

I find particulary W-A's attitude annoying that comes through on a regular basis, he's the type of royal who only takes what he likes (including the benefits of being an Orange, see school holidays) and will shrug off anything that doesn't and reject the slightest critizism (probably only exceeded by Prince William in the future), at times in an arrogant and rude manner what is not suitable for the position he's in. The Dutch are well off in their monarchy so no need for arrogance or brush-offs or the "not speaking punishment".

But apart from the royal grumbler, good to see the family, lovely shots especially of Maxima and Queen Beatrix who will easily win the contest "Which Queen truly enjoys being around her family the most".

Royalblog didn't say that the Prince of Orange was the only one who didn't seem to greet the press, it mentioned the entire royal family. Of course he does have a problematic relationship with the press indeed. In most cases he is not wrong in the principle IMO, but by now you would expect that he understands how it works: whatever he does, it will make him look bad, even when he is right. It is better if he would just give it up, accept that some in the press act like baboons and move on. But again, this time royalblog didn't mention the crown prince AND nothing disagreable seemed to have happened.

Having that said, I have to add that on television the RF seemed friendly enough, all smiles and as I said the crownprince went to great lenghts to try to make his daughters smile. He even joined the side of the photographers and tried to make his daughters laugh.

Photoshoot of the Royal Family in Lech on the PPE Agency.
x

Lovely pics. It was so great to see the Queen playing with her grandchildren. You never see Queen Elizabeth doing so.

This is a beautiful family who seems to enjoy each others company. I am glad Amalia will have a good support system in her sisters and cousins as she grows and learns her position in life. I think it will be a great comfort for her

I really enjoy this RF. So full of life and so full of love and fun. It is a shame that Mabel & Friso cannot attend. It be nice to see all 8 grandchildren together.

I find particulary W-A's attitude annoying that comes through on a regular basis, he's the type of royal who only takes what he likes (including the benefits of being an Orange, see school holidays) and will shrug off anything that doesn't and reject the slightest critizism (probably only exceeded by Prince William in the future), at times in an arrogant and rude manner what is not suitable for the position he's in. The Dutch are well off in their monarchy so no need for arrogance or brush-offs or the "not speaking punishment".

But apart from the royal grumbler, good to see the family, lovely shots especially of Maxima and Queen Beatrix who will easily win the contest "Which Queen truly enjoys being around her family the most".

There is nothing wrong with Alexanders attitude.The only thing that is dead wrong is Mary van der Linden writing on Royalblog thus this site loosing its credibility.Mary is Marc ofcourse,the fat queen of pulp.Alexander was friendly as ever and he did say a very good morning,he just isn't fond of van der Linden so the latter only gets a nod,nothing more.

I do understand Your Grace that you don't know who m v/d l is,and i do understand you couldn't nor wouldn't be able to read dutch either.You're forgiven.But a dutch course is mandatory if you would like to know and read all if there's no-one around to fill in the gaps,or puts right what's put wrong without a credible source..:ermm::cool:

There has been a change at Royalblog since Marc v/d Linden writes for them as well.
Royalblog lost its credibility in many of its articles.Fat chance that M v/d L will mention
that he is totally disliked by the RF.The RF was not grumpy,at all.They were all smiles
for the session and friendly,whatever a insignificant whomever says on them.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with Alexanders attitude.The only thing that is dead wrong is Mary van der Linden writing on Royalblog thus this site loosing its credibility.Mary is Marc ofcourse,the fat queen of pulp.Alexander was friendly as ever and he did say a very good morning,he just isn't fond of van der Linden so the latter only gets a nod,nothing more.

I do understand Your Grace that you don't know who m v/d l is,and i do understand you couldn't nor wouldn't be able to read dutch either.You're forgiven.But a dutch course is mandatory if you would like to know and read all if there's no-one around to fill in the gaps,or puts right what's put wrong without a credible source..:ermm::cool:

Marc van der Linden doesn't mention anything about this on his website. GDP's royalblog does. But as I said they do not single out the crown prince but mention the entire RF.

Nice to see the RF having fun.

Princess Maxima and Princess Laurentien seems to enjoy the snow the most. I can see from the pics that they have a close relationship.

It's cute to see Ariane wearing Alexia's outfit from last year. :D

There has been a change at Royalblog since Marc v/d Linden writes for them as well.
Royalblog lost its credibility in many of its articles.Fat chance that M v/d L will mention
that he is totally disliked by the RF.The RF was not grumpy,at all.They were all smiles
for the session and friendly,whatever a insignificant whomever says on them.

:hiding: Of course I missed out on this inside information :flowers: But even if it did not happen at this event (last year was bad enough in this matter) W-A is one of the royals whose relationship with the press is quite strained at times (only to mention the incident in Oz - and it's not always the media's fault) - and this case shows that even if he tries to be nice the grumpling image sticks, probably as long as incidents will re-occur when the "true W-A" comes through, like snapping at the media in London a few months ago. But good to hear that everything was rather fun for everybody, there is hope that W-A is the type who will become more relaxed with age.

What a pity that we don't see a picture of mixing the family, f. e. a picture which is showing Eloise playing with her cousins, a picture of Laurentien and Willem-Alexander talking together. They are so "separated". Do you share my opinion?

Great pictures and commentary. Thank you to everyone.:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom