Lech Photo Sessions: 2005-2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They will be going on winterholidays but just i the school holidays, as Amalia has to go to school. Last year they went on vacation when it wasn't a school holiday.

How did the press Q and A session go after the last photoshoot? Were they asking sensitive or difficult questions? Perhaps they didn't want to deal with the media this time.

didn't those horrible paedophils have the new pictures of amalia on their equally horrible website? i'm sure they want to avoid any comments on that. it mustn't be easy for a parent. since it's quite recent and the netherlands is quite a liberal place, they would probably ask that and it would be inappropriate.

I really can't blame the RF, its gotta get on your nerves to go on vacation and have press asking questions about your life. I love the pictures and enjoy this site so much, but I would think it would be a real pain after a while. Especially since they do so many appearances anyway.

Winter sport in Lech 2009

The RF arrived in Lech,Austria for their annual ski holiday.A photo shoot is scheduled for early next week,and yes,all
the grandchildren are along.HM,Alexander & Máxima and Constantijn & Laurentien and all the children will participate
in the "photo event".

Something to look forward too I'd say.:flowers:

I always look forward to the pictures from Lech. It's enough that the media gets a photo session and then leave, Royal families are entitled to their privacy on their vacations.

They will be going on winterholidays but just i the school holidays, as Amalia has to go to school. Last year they went on vacation when it wasn't a school holiday.
Considering that Princess Alexia will be starting school in the near future, it will be best that the girls are not missing school.

Is this considered a mid-winter break in the Dutch school calendar? Some of the school districts in California will allow for a week off during this time for "ski-weeks."

I believe they call it the crocus-holiday, it usually is half february, though there are 3 different dates for it as the north, middle and south of the country have their holidays in (apart from the christmas holiday) different weeks. Apart from the Crocus holiday they usually have the tulip holiday (2 weeks , usually the beginning of May), the summer holiday (6 weeks), autumn holiday (1 week half october) and christmas holiday (last week of december/first week of january). These are official holidays, so everybody is free. If you want to have extra days of holidays that is VERY dificult to arrange with the school inspection. They even have checks at the airport a day before a holiday starts and fine people who took their child a day before the official holiday starts.

I believe they call it the crocus-holiday, it usually is half february, though there are 3 different dates for it as the north, middle and south of the country have their holidays in (apart from the christmas holiday) different weeks. Apart from the Crocus holiday they usually have the tulip holiday (2 weeks , usually the beginning of May), the summer holiday (6 weeks), autumn holiday (1 week half october) and christmas holiday (last week of december/first week of january). These are official holidays, so everybody is free. If you want to have extra days of holidays that is VERY dificult to arrange with the school inspection. They even have checks at the airport a day before a holiday starts and fine people who took their child a day before the official holiday starts.

Wow! That is very interesting that they give fines to families who take their children out of school before the holidays. I have taught in the elementary levels before, and I always became quite frustrated with parents who took their children out of school unnecessarily. Is this a school holiday for Amalia? I'm sure that the RF isn't going to break the rules; after all, they seem like they try to set an example for others to follow. Since this seems to be a tradition, then are the children excused in the event that this isn't a holiday?

The RF arrived in Lech,Austria for their annual ski holiday.A photo shoot is scheduled for early next week,and yes,all
the grandchildren are along.HM,Alexander & Máxima and Constantijn & Laurentien and all the children will participate
in the "photo event".

Something to look forward too I'd say.:flowers:

Also Friso and Mabel and their children ??

Wow! That is very interesting that they give fines to families who take their children out of school before the holidays. I have taught in the elementary levels before, and I always became quite frustrated with parents who took their children out of school unnecessarily. Is this a school holiday for Amalia? I'm sure that the RF isn't going to break the rules; after all, they seem like they try to set an example for others to follow. Since this seems to be a tradition, then are the children excused in the event that this isn't a holiday?

It is a school holiday for Amalia, according to the website of her school: Vakantierooster

---
To Stefan:

It hasn't been announced that Friso and family will be there. They weren't at the photoshoot last year and I have no idea if they visit Lech that week either, I don't think they did so last year.

It is a school holiday for Amalia, according to the website of her school: Vakantierooster

---
To Stefan:

It hasn't been announced that Friso and family will be there. They weren't at the photoshoot last year and I have no idea if they visit Lech that week either, I don't think they did so last year.

I wondered only because Lucien said all grandchildren.

They could take Amalia last year as she wasn't yet 5 years old till last december 7th.After the age of 5 one needs special permission to take your kid from school for whatever purpose.

The north and middle have their Crocus holiday from last friday till the 22nd,the south from the 21st till the 2nd of march as in the south Carnaval will be celebrated next weekend starting thursday...

All kids in the country will have their may holidays from april 25th till the 6th of may

Schoolvakanties 2009

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblo...02/dutch-royals-arrive-in-skiresort-lech.html

Last edited:
I've been in the same situation and typically it seems that the children who really need to be at school are the ones who are being pulled out. :nonono:

It seems that in California, our understaffed truant offices have such a difficult time keeping up with those who keep their children home for any reason.

The Netherlands has some very strict rules on school attendance.

What a pity that there aren't Friso and his family! I would like to see his adorable daughters again.

Beautiful pictures, now she can enjoy there holliday they looked very happy biside the troubles of thr house in Argentina !!

It looks like it was a beautiful day to be skiiing. Thank you for the photos.

Newspaper 'De Telegraaf'; has 11 pictures of the family in Lech, the article says it is the 50th year that the RF is visiting Lech!

Oranjes voor vijftigste keer in Lech - Binnenland - Telegraaf.nl [24 uur actueel, ook mobiel] [binnenland]

The article also mentions that the royals didn't say much, as 'last year is was a big mess', according to the crown prince.

--
According to royalblog the royals could barely be bothered by saying a 'good morning', perhaps they were annoyed by a camera crew of the NCRV who has some balloons and other toys to attract the attention of the younger royals. Apparently princess Alexia already practised at home by wearing a ski helmet in the house.

--
ON Another note: Willem-ALexander and Maxima asked for dispensation from the Bloemcampschool so Amalia can stay longer in Lech than just one week. So I was wrong and they do not stick to the normal school holidays, as they claimed they would do last year. According to royalblog the dispensation was given while following normal rules. Of course one can wonder how normal schoolrules are if you are an Orange-Nassau, I can imagine that 'Joe the Plumber' won't be able to bend the rules as easily.

Last edited:
I loved this photo:

Dutch Royal Family Annual Winter Photocall - Pictures - Zimbio

Marengo: Do you know if the royal family was granted approval for Amalia's absence? I would imagine that they would not be told no by the school authorities. When Amalia gets older and begins to take part in more royal activities, do you think that the government will allow her more missed days due to royal duties?

How old is their middle daughter that is already skiing for the first time with her mom? Thanks!

Great photos!!! They seem to really enjoy being together. It must be such a pain to have to have a photo session on vacation, but I'm glad they do it so we can enjoy the photos of their beautiful families!!

How old is their middle daughter that is already skiing for the first time with her mom? Thanks!

Alexia is 3,5,born on june 26th 2005.She's a naturel on ski's as was her grandmother,and her daddy:
http://www.royalimages.nl/search.pp?page=3&ShowPicture=4072558&pos=19

sgl,She did get dispensation.Given her position it is always possible for her to be off school whenever there's a need to ie official duties
in the future.That has always been the case since generations and quiet understandeble.Her parents will see to it that it won't happen
all the time,but exceptions make a rule for the Princesses.They do have to catch up on lost time tho,home rule,as is home-work.

They're not joe's kids from around the corner,they're prepared for their special role in the future,certainly Amalia's,from a very young age.
None of the teachers,nor the other parents,complain on this exceptional situation.Just the occasional miesmager sees another chance to
give it a go bashingwise.No-one-com-plains,at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom