The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-12-2007, 04:11 AM
Aristocracy

I justed watched the video, they really are a cute family. And Maxima is such a positive person and a great mother. Amalia seemed a bit sleepy. :)

Old 02-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Aristocracy

I saw also the video and like a lot...I love Amalia, she is growing very beautiful and she has already a very good humor to pose. I also love the way she and her cousin are together...
Alexia had a bad day or something, she is all the time trying to make mess...maybe the new baby will teach her a lot.

The use of three languages with the children is a very very good way to make that they will speak them in the future without problems...very good.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Nobility

The video was very nice thay all looked happy and relaxed. The children were simply being children they don't smile or act on demand they tend to do as they feel especially little ones.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
What were W-A and Maxima saying at the end? (when they were right up by the cameras)

Did anyone else notice that W-A and Maxima were speaking to the girls in three languages? When Alexia started crying (the first time), and saying "Mama, mama," Maxima looked over and said "Mama's here, I'm right here" (collective awwww by reporters as Alexia gets handed to Max) then she said "I've got you." Maxima calmed her down, then said "(something that sounded like tienes) abajo con Ama? Con Ama?" Which was in Spanish- she said, down with Ama? (Amalia- probably what Alexia calls Amalia), with Ama? Then they started talking in Dutch (well, what I can only assume to be Dutch) (W-A talked mostly in Dutch, actually) The girls seemed to understand it all- smarties! I wonder they must speak a combination of the three at home.
they weren't speaking in english to them, only in dutch and spanish. when máxima said "mama is here" to alexia, she actually said "mama is hier", which can sound like mama's here if you're not paying close attention

they said so themselves that they'll raise their daughters dutch and spanish. they'll learn english when they get older. :)
Old 02-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Gentry

I also watched the video and I noticed that when Alexia fell in to the snow and cry very laudly , Amalia put her finger in the snow to understand what happened to her little sister. I find it very very cute. I think Amalia is very lovely elder sister for Alexia
Old 02-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Serene Highness

The children are so beautiful. I really love C-A, she seems to have such a great personality. I love the picture of her and Eloise together. Can someone tell me what the age difference is? I also love the picture of Maxima with her arm around Eloise. To me is shows great closeness that will only help to support the princely family as they grow and the children as tey step into their future roles. No one but someone who has grown up in the eyes of the public can relate and I hope that Eloise and C-A continue to become friends as each girl grows.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the video. Everyone looks robust and healthy. Princess Maxima and W-A both look happy and content. Queen Beatrix look
thrilled with her grandchildren. The children are a joy to see. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Gentry

More photo's without watermark; enjoy
http://www.eo.nl/components/articles...toboek=8169793
Old 02-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Serene Highness

What a beautiful family! Thanks a bunch for the pictures. Little Amalia seemed a little quiet this time though.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

isifa picture gallery. some beautiful pictures, not seen posted by other agencies

this is an adorable picture
Old 02-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81
The children are so beautiful. I really love C-A, she seems to have such a great personality. I love the picture of her and Eloise together. Can someone tell me what the age difference is?
Countess Eloise was born in 2002 so that makes her a year older than Amalia.

Lovely, lovely pics! Thanks, everyone.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 02-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Claus Casimir must feel very lonely in all these girls I really hope for a boy for Maxima for him to play with
What a lovely family, it is a joy to see !
Old 02-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sem
I also watched the video and I noticed that when Alexia fell in to the snow and cry very laudly , Amalia put her finger in the snow to understand what happened to her little sister. I find it very very cute. I think Amalia is very lovely elder sister for Alexia
There is amazement about the attention poor Alexia got because she cryed according to HJA on his Royalblog.Imagine,a one and a half year old,trying to stay put in the slippery deep snow,with 30+ press people in front of your nose with camera's,falling over and then being the "subject" of conversations all over the world.Germany's largest daily newspaper had a pic of the "crying Princess" on it's front cover yesterday,poor Alexia.

Like her daddy explained grinning;"she laughs abundantly and she cries abundantly,there's no in between for her,as you can hear...."

http://www.royalblog.nl/

Courtesy HJA.

And some more:

www.royalportraits.nl - Fotosession Lech

Courtesy Royalportraits.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:29 AM
Serene Highness

What incredible sweet children Amalia and Alexia are. Poor Alexia, but who can blaim her with all the press attention and her hands so freezing cold. I thought it was so sweet how she kept calling for her mommy. I didn't know Amalia was called Ama in family, it's kind of cute. Maxima is amazing, I just love the way she keeps talking spanish to the girls with all the dutch press watching them. It was sure nice to see Constantin and Laurentin and the kids as well.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:14 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Heaps of pics from Bruno Press
Type "Queen Beatrix" into the search box
Old 02-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Sadly I am still having internet problems, but what a nice pictures on my arrival back here :) Eloise and Catharina-Amalia seem to be best friends, as one of the royals commented (I believe it was Maxima).

A pity that Friso, Mabel and their daughters weren't included (I love little Luana). I wonder if they were in Lech to or if they did not join the rest of the family there.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Courtier

they all look such a happy family !! really like Maxima she is so full of life !
Old 02-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneGirl
they weren't speaking in english to them, only in dutch and spanish. when máxima said "mama is here" to alexia, she actually said "mama is hier", which can sound like mama's here if you're not paying close attention

they said so themselves that they'll raise their daughters dutch and spanish. they'll learn english when they get older. :)
but she said "mama is here, i'm right here" surely that is all in english and not dutch.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie
but she said "mama is here, i'm right here" surely that is all in english and not dutch.
Indeed, she spoke Spanish, English and Dutch to her little Princesses. I have not heard Prince Willem-Alexander saying anything against the kids:
he was just glowing and beaming with a smile from ear to ear.

Fatherly pride, I think.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:12 AM

I actually thought she was speaking dutch. I don't hear " I'm right here", i'm probably just deaf RTL Boulevard video (with short interview!):
12-02: Peter doet verslag uit Lech