Lech Holidays and Photo Sessions: 2014-2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any news if Mabel and her girls will also attend?

Id imagine they probably chose a date when the whole family could attend although it’s understandable if Mabel and her girls don’t attend. We shall see but of course it would always be a pleasure to see them.

Id imagine they probably chose a date when the whole family could attend although it’s understandable if Mabel and her girls don’t attend. We shall see but of course it would always be a pleasure to see them.

It is possible that Mabel and the two countesses have an overlap with the other royals. Note that it is only about the photo session, one hour in the coming week. But the royals are probably already in Lech am Arlberg since Friday and have seen their London-based family over the past days.

Very handsome children (and family) a pleasure to see.

The NOS claims that RTL boulevard was not invited to the press moment as they have violated the media code last year. They published used an instagram photo of Princess Beatrix and Carmen Zorreguieta at Amalia's christmas musical in their programme. The photo was shared by the Royal Theatre of The Hague. Thew lawyer of the tv programme does not agree with the decision of the RVD. This did not prevent the programme from having an article ánd photos on their website:

https://www.rtlboulevard.nl/royalty...ning-koninging-willem-alexander-maxima-amalia

--
Apparently there was less press attention than last year.
Queen Máxima was in Buenos Aires this weekend, which may have been a reason why the session was on Tuesday instead of on a Monday, as usually would be the case.
The ski suits of Princesses Amalia and Alexia are from a Dutch brand named Goldbergh, with imitation fur. Pss Amalia's sunglasses were from a line designed by an actress of the American series Narcos.

Last edited:
In a ranking of Dutch curse words this can be considered a lighter variation. There will not be many people alive in 2020 who consider this word 'super vulgar'. I haven't read any reaction of shock by a Dutch person, merely some mild amusement that a princess has the same reaction as many normal children would have. It is a word that many people will use each day for minor setbacks. Esp. younger people will be hardly aware that they are cursing.

Last edited:
The US brand Privé Revaux is fully out-ordered by customers purchasing the champagne-coloured model The Madam after the photo shoot. Apparently the Princess of Orange caused a run on this model. Other colours from this model are still available.

Princess Amalia wore a jack from the Dutch brand Goldbergh, which is available with fox fur. To avoid angry reactions it was communicated the Princess wore the version with faux fur.

https://www.ad.nl/show/hippe-hollywood-zonnebril-prinses-amalia-vliegt-de-winkels-uit~a85ed686/

Last edited:
dagelijkseverhalen is a pure clickbait site. You read something which can not be true and before you yourself realise you have clicked on their website. Voilà... Their business model.

You can hear the princess saying these words in minute 2.07 of the video uploaded by Rick Evers on YouTube, which was posted above by iceflower.

suztav said:
I don’t speak Dutch. What was said?

A Dutch word that is slang for the female genetalia.

Last edited:
It seems Queen Máxima was in Argentina for family visit.

Last week:
+ Princess Beatrix
+ Princess Mabel
+ Countess Joanna Zaria
+ Countess Emma Luana

This weekend:
+ the King
+ the Princess of Orange
+ Princess Alexia
+ Princess Ariane
+ Prince Constantijn
+ Princess Laurentien
+ Countess Eloïse
+ Count Claus-Casimir
+ Countess Eleonore

This week:
- Princess Mabel
- Countess Joanna Zaria
- Countess Emma Luana
+ Queen Máxima

So in the weekend the whole family was complete minus Queen Máxima. Her arrival from Argentina was the reason why this year's photoshoot was on Tuesday and not on the traditional Monday.

Last edited:
You can hear the princess saying these words in minute 2.07 of the video uploaded by Rick Evers on YouTube, which was posted above by iceflower.

I stand corrected. The word has become a "stop word" under adolescents and has become completely disconnected from the female genitalia. (Like the word gay has a total new meaning, disconnected from the original meaning). I am sure the Princess will regret it. (Or not, maybe it shows that even in posh Wassenaar and at the Sorghvliet Gymnasium this is "language" has enriched the vocabulaire...)

She is her daddy's girl: the adolescent Prince Willem-Alexander once remarked: "Dutch press, bugger off!" to the shock of his parents.

Last edited:
I loved the pictures. WA and Maxima’s girls are all quite striking and Alexia will be a beauty.

In terms of the curse word, if it was a mild one, I’d say it’s not ideal but not the end of the world. The Dutch royal family doesn’t allow too much access to the royal children but, when we have seen them, they’ve always seemed like normal girls - happy, joking, having fun with their parents. So probably not shocking to the Dutch public that a less than regal expression might pop out every once in awhile. That said, I hope her parents took a minute to clarify that these sorts of words are best left out of official royal life.

That's all? From the comments I was guessing she was going full out on typical Dutch-illnesses-style-curses.

In a ranking of Dutch curse words this can be considered a lighter variation. There will not be many people alive in 2020 who consider this word 'super vulgar'. I haven't read any reaction of shock by a Dutch person, merely some mild amusement that a princess has the same reaction as many normal children would have. It is a word that many people will use each day for minor setbacks. Esp. younger people will be hardly aware that they are cursing.

If this is super vulgar then I´ve heard some more expressive terms these days..I didnt expect her to say klote..No big deal whatshowever.

The Family is in top condition and spirits,a delight to see them and their interaction

Last edited:
Great photos at the annual Lech session. Amalia is going to be a gorgeous young lady; as are the rest of WA and Maxima's children. They've always seemed to be a warm and loving family, everyone seems very close.

As for Alexia dropping the "c bomb" I agree that a lot of people nowadays probably don't realise that it's a particularly bad swear/curse word. It's said a lot amongst younger people. I work in a pre-school and one of the children was overheard saying it, and when we confronted them about where they heard it from, they said "mummy" (for us, we have to involve social services and alert them, so they can watch the family to make sure the children are being properly nurtured at home). Many people are careless when they're heated (which is the context the word is mostly used in, since it's not a nice word) and don't think about those around them. I've heard parents use the word in front of younger children in public before too. It's sadly just becoming normal. In Australia, IIRC it's actually used as a term amongst friends, much like "bro".

And it was a spontaneous adolescently (but unprincessy) reaction on loosing her ski sticks while gliding up in the ski lift.

Her grandmother probably would have said by loosing her ski sticks: "Hoe onhebbelijk!" ("How not to have!")

Imagine Princess Alexia would have reacted like that, then the memes of her with a beatrixian helmet coiffure and a poshy voice would have been all over the net...

Last edited:
:lol: It only shows she's human - and a teen!
I think we are all guilty of uttering the wrong thing at inopportune moments.

As long as it doesn't become a habit.

Back
Top Bottom