Lech Holidays and Photo Sessions: 2014-2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lech photo session on february 17th 2014

The annual photo session during the winter holidays of the Dutch RF will be on february 17th.Besides TM also TRH Princesses Beatrix and Mabel,Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien and their families will be in attendance.

I'm so glad to see Mabel and her girls are in Lech and that everyone is smiling and enjoying themselves.

How wonderful to see Mabel and the girls smiling and having fun with the family. That really warms my heart. It's undoubtedly hard for the whole family, but it looks like they're all having a great time. I love the pictures of Beatrix and her grandchildren.

amazing galleries
nice to see all happy again and enjoy the snow :)

The all look wonderful and yes it's so lovely to see Mable and her girls having fun again.

YAY! Princess Mabel! I'm just loving all the pictures but especially the ones with all the adult children and Mabel right there with them. That is so heartwarming. Oh, and the pictures with the children and their grandmother is so super cute, I love seeing how close they are with her. Just a really nice photo session.

Brave of Mabel to go, I don't think she is skiing. Good for the whole family.

Today it is exactly 2 years ago that prince Friso had the accident. Nice that the entire family is there together though.

From RTL:

It seems that princess Ariane fell from the ski lift and was asking her mother for help. Máxima was behind her, and tried to get to her , but a bodyguard was quicker and helped the princess up, while the Queen was struggling to get there on her skis. See clip:

http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/boulevard/royalty/oranjes-lech#node_697241

Last edited:
:previous: It sure is.

Those of you who are used to these photo sessions and who have seen videos of the children before, can you notice any significant change in Prince Friso's children?
That is, do they seem more subdued, more serious? Or are they (hopefully) like they have always been?

Lovely photos of the Dutch Royals in Lech. I love this photo. They all seem to get along well, I particularly liked the photos of Amalia putting her arm around Eloise. Princess Beatrix seems to be close to Princess Mabel and her daughters, which is nice to see. I can imagine that it was difficult for them to come to Lech, the same place where Friso sadly had an avalanche accident.

Happy to see that the Dutch royals have returned to Lech. This is a place that holds so many memories for them. Beatrix grandchildren are all old enough to fully participate in the skiing fun. I hope they'll be gathering there for many years to come.

Those of you who are used to these photo sessions and who have seen videos of the children before, can you notice any significant change in Prince Friso's children?
That is, do they seem more subdued, more serious? Or are they (hopefully) like they have always been?

The last time that they participated in such a photo session was 3 years ago. But they always seem more subdued IMO, they are less used to the cameras than the A-team. When the A's and parents posed together for the cameras, the king instructed his daughters: 'just like in Wassenaar', so they knew what positions to take apparently. Judging from the small clips that I saw today, Amalia seems very much the leader of the group btw.

Last edited:
Dutch Royal family pose for cheerful ski holiday photo on the Austrian slopes | Mail Online

The Dutch Royals have taken to the slopes in a show of solidarity a year after Prince Johan Friso had his fatal fall. The family has taken an annual ski holiday in Austria's Lech resort every year since the end of the Second World War. But last year was tinged with tragedy as the king's brother was buried in an avalanche and driven into a coma from which he never emerged. Today, hugging and playing in the snow, they looked stronger than ever - as their flat-lander athletes impress on the slopes at the Winter Olympics.

Dutch Royal family pose for cheerful ski holiday photo on the Austrian slopes | Mail Online

The Dutch Royals have taken to the slopes in a show of solidarity a year after Prince Johan Friso had his fatal fall. The family has taken an annual ski holiday in Austria's Lech resort every year since the end of the Second World War. But last year was tinged with tragedy as the king's brother was buried in an avalanche and driven into a coma from which he never emerged. Today, hugging and playing in the snow, they looked stronger than ever - as their flat-lander athletes impress on the slopes at the Winter Olympics.

As expected, the Daily Mail could not work out that Friso's accident was 2 years ago, and not last year!

:previous:
Mentioning the late Prince Friso is not surprising at all. The Mail cannot resist a dig at Sochi, where the Dutch team has been enjoying success.

It is always a pleasure to see family photos of the Dutch royal family. In my opinion, they are genuinely tight-knit.

Last edited:
The RTL news said that Adam Anders and his family is also with the RF in Lech. Anders was a good friend of the late Prince Friso. He was interviewed for a tv portrait about the prince, and their families went on a few holidays together. Baron Tijo Collot d'Escury, friend of WA is also in Lech with his family.

It was noted in the press that Princess Mabel didn't ski.

Last edited:
I love how the family portrait has been posed so that there is just enough space between HRH Princess Beatrix and HM King Willem-Alexander to imagine a missing son/brother standing between them:flowers:
Very nice idea, very thoughtful !

A lovely and wonderful family, showing their strength and humanity, which transcends their "royalty". They are , really, just a wonderful family.

A lovely and wonderful family, showing their strength and humanity, which transcends their "royalty". They are , really, just a wonderful family.

Agree. And I really really adore Princess Mabel for going to Lech again, joining the photosession and "fighting against the shadow" of the Happenings 2 years ago..... Strong woman!

BYe Bine

Really good to see Mabel being happy in the snow with her daughters!

Family looks very united too , wonderful Family photo!

Well, it is the children's slope after all. Many other skiers didn't wear a helmet either.

Well I saw video´s and pictures of them. And it seems that they are usually wearing a helmet while skiing. There are pictures of them taking off their helmets to have better pictures. So they just did some meters without helmets to allow the press to have good pictures.

Back
Top Bottom