The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-26-2014, 10:40 AM
Aristocracy

Mabel is not present? thanks

Old 04-26-2014, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

The Dutch royal family looked great. It is great to see Princess Beatrix undertaking the engagement.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for all of the photos and videos. I was delighted to see Prince Bernhard there today. I'm sorry that this will likely be the last year for this type of King's Day event, but I understand the rising cost of security is an issue.

A great surprise to see the AAA team out with their parents, grandmother and family.

P.S. I think it was lovely that the Duchess of Cambridge stopped in Amsterdam to lend Princess Anita her wedge sandals. Lovely example of cooperation between the Windsors and the Oranges.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:11 PM
Royal Highness

Happy Koninsdag King

Happy King's Day

Kingsday 2014 Dutch Royal family | Selda Göktaş
Old 04-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

fantastic pics of the first king's day! lovely to see the AAA team out and about. they look so charming and grown up! and what can i say about maxima apart from that she looked lovely in that dress! but mainly that she won me over the pics of her playing hockey...

and of course, congrats to WA+Maxima on their first anniversary as king and queen.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-26-2014, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you all for sharing the photos of the first Koningsdag. It was nice to see the AAA's there as IIRC they weren't originally going to attend. Amalia looks lovely, Alexia looks delighted to be there and Ariane has grown up a lot! She's adorable.

It's also nice that we got to see the other Dutch Royals, I'm pleased to see Bernhard there - does this mean that he's recovering? I do hope so. On another note, I love this photo of Constantijn and Laurentien.

CASSARD, I don't think Mabel was there. You can tell in this photo: group photo of Dutch Royals and description of who was there.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hlsingland and Gstrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 04-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASSARD View Post
Mabel is not present? thanks

Mabel did not attend, it had been announced earlier this month that she wouldn't be there. Quite understandable in my eyes.

Here are some more pics and articles:

** bbc: In pictures: Dutch mark first King's Day **

** parismatch: Premier "jour du roi" pour Willem-Alexander et Maxima **

** pp gallery: Willem-Alexander, Maxima des Pays-Bas et leurs filles : Emotion le Jour du roi **

** hellomagazine: Queen Maxima and King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands celebrate their first King's Day **

** dailymail: Dutch Queen Maxima and family celebrate national holiday 'King's Day' with games and.. **

** hola: Guillermo de Holanda irradia felicidad en su primer Da del Rey: 'Ha sido inolvidable' ** translation **

** diezminutos.es gallery: Guillermo celebra su primer Da del Rey agasajado con el cario de todos los ciudadanos **
Old 04-27-2014, 05:08 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Really nice that the princesses attended. All three of them stuck to their mother like glue & for good reason. Their dresses were lovely, but tI think that thye start to be a bit too old for identical dresses.

The best thing was of course to see Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette. Wonderful that he recovered and was well enough to attend. His wife seemed very cheerful.

About Anita and her wedges: she has had some difficulties with her spine and I noticed she had difficulties in walking as well. Maybe she chose those for the simple reason of being more comfortable?

--
Next year: two journalists discussed it on tv on Friday and they came to the conclusion that the court hasn't made a discission yet. However, yesterday prince Maurits told one of the reporters that he didn't think it needed to be changed at all. The king said something simular in Amstelveen: 'why change a winning formula'. And TBH I wouldn't know how it should be changed either. The idea is that the RF comes to a town to celebrate the day with them... What are the options? Esp. since it is a morning event:

- Militairy parade: out of the question.
- Defile a la Juliana: not likely, too feudal and always in the same city.
- A concert (in a stadium): not likely. Too expensive, in the evening and the kingsday concert has been changed this year already. Why have two concerts?

So I think that in priniciple they are stuck with the present form. But perhaps with some changes: visiting one city, come wth a smaller group of people and perhaps focus on more events on a square. This will reduce the security costs.

--
Now the question of the day was: did the mayor of Amstelveen touch the Queens behind or not?
De Graaf: herken me niet in filmpje - NOS Nieuws

The mayor denies that he did & claims there was at least one centimeter between the hand and the Queen.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:29 AM
Courtier

The atmosphere was beautiful there
Old 04-27-2014, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
OMG! How tasteless...

?
The Royals themselves seem to enjoy it. The cafe has done these jokes for 18 years already. Once they put Prince Claus in an Elvis costume of the facade. Apparently the prince could laugh at the joke, it was said that he wore an Elvis suit for a day.

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/4024/...aarderen.dhtml

Other examples:
http://www.koninginnedagamsterdam.nl...o/2010/172.jpg
Koninginnedag - Fotoboek - De Blaffende Vis - Amsterdam - Kroegenweb.nl
http://www.kroegenweb.nl/fotoboek/1934687.jpg
http://static1.parool.nl/static/phot...xl_2225446.jpg

--
The joke this year has to do about the mistake that everybody still makes. Most people still refer to Queensday instead of Kingsday. Mxima however takes charge and kicks away the absolete letters, changing Queensday in Kingsday.

-------------
1.7 million people watched the NOS broadcast.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/5751/...ningsdag.dhtml
Old 04-27-2014, 08:35 AM
Administrator

OMG they are so funny!

I will admit...at first I thought the Maxima as Miley was tactless but than I realized 1) unlike Miley she is fully dressed and 2) this is something that has been done before based on your post.

My favorites from the past....Maxima as a DJ and Daddy Cool with W-A and the Triple AAA's!

It was lovely to see everyone....especially Bernhard and Amalia, Alexia and Ariane. I thought with W-A becoming King we would just see him, Max, the girls, and Princess Beatrix...mainly members of the Royal House and not the Royal Family.

Anway it was great to see everyone!

Old 04-27-2014, 08:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
The Royals themselves seem to enjoy it. The cafe has done these jokes for 18 years already. Once they put Prince Claus in an Elvis costume of the facade. Apparently the prince could laugh at the joke, it was said that he wore an Elvis suit for a day.

Well, I think Elvis is a different matter. But this is beyond a mere joke. Its a sexual provocative image (everyone agreed on that when Miley C came up with that video). Kings Day is a festivity for all dutch people, also for small children.
I know that nowadays nobody seems to care about something like that as we live in a highly sexualised society where even obscenity is mutually accepted.
I also strongly disagree on portaying a lady, whos a Queen and should be a person of respect ( no matter how much "down-to-earth" and accessible she is) this way! Id be appalled to be photoshoped like this without my knowledge.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:52 AM
Royal Highness

Maxima looks fabulous - love her whole outfit, and her joie de vivre. Beatrix looked wonderful as well, and of course W-A (but not much to say about men)

The girls looked very pretty as well - perhaps they want matching dresses, or maybe it cuts down on poor Maxima hearing (why doesn't my dress have that..... why is hers my favorite color????)
Old 04-27-2014, 09:32 AM
Courtier

Personally I love the way this event works, I think it would be such a shame to change the way it works. I love the idea of the royal family visiting different places each year and joining in the events. I think out of all the events RFs around Europe seem to do this is the most down to earth and fun.
Is the format definitely changing? If so why? Especially as the RF seem to enjoy the current way so much
Old 04-27-2014, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Its a sexual provocative image (everyone agreed on that when Miley C came up with that video). Kings Day is a festivity for all dutch people, also for small children.
I know that nowadays nobody seems to care about something like that as we live in a highly sexualised society where even obscenity is mutually accepted.
I also strongly disagree on portaying a lady, whos a Queen and should be a person of respect ( no matter how much "down-to-earth" and accessible she is) this way! Id be appalled to be photoshoped like this without my knowledge.
I suppose that depends on how easily one is sexually provoced but I get your point .

--
Anyway, the entire broadcast can be re-watched here:

NOS Koningsdag: za 26 apr 2014, 09:45 - Uitzending Gemist

The small princesses join in after 2 hours and 18 minutes.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:39 AM
Royal Highness

What an amazing event - this must be the greatest celebration of the year where so many people of one country enjoy a fantastic party.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Really nice that the princesses attended. All three of them stuck to their mother like glue & for good reason. Their dresses were lovely, but tI think that thye start to be a bit too old for identical dresses.

The best thing was of course to see Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette. Wonderful that he recovered and was well enough to attend. His wife seemed very cheerful.

About Anita and her wedges: she has had some difficulties with her spine and I noticed she had difficulties in walking as well. Maybe she chose those for the simple reason of being more comfortable?

--
Next year: two journalists discussed it on tv on Friday and they came to the conclusion that the court hasn't made a discission yet. However, yesterday prince Maurits told one of the reporters that he didn't think it needed to be changed at all. The king said something simular in Amstelveen: 'why change a winning formula'. And TBH I wouldn't know how it should be changed either. The idea is that the RF comes to a town to celebrate the day with them... What are the options? Esp. since it is a morning event:

- Militairy parade: out of the question.
- Defile a la Juliana: not likely, too feudal and always in the same city.
- A concert (in a stadium): not likely. Too expensive, in the evening and the kingsday concert has been changed this year already. Why have two concerts?

So I think that in priniciple they are stuck with the present form. But perhaps with some changes: visiting one city, come wth a smaller group of people and perhaps focus on more events on a square. This will reduce the security costs.

--
Now the question of the day was: did the mayor of Amstelveen touch the Queens behind or not?
De Graaf: herken me niet in filmpje - NOS Nieuws

The mayor denies that he did & claims there was at least one centimeter between the hand and the Queen.

A wonderful event IMO. looks like a great time

concerning the alleged touching of the Queen's behind
https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/...93969968_n.png
I hope he is right and did not touch her
but it kinda looks like he did
http://content.nos.nl/data/image/xxl.../26/640686.jpg
Old 04-28-2014, 02:57 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks to everyone who shared links and posted photos etc.
With regard to the mayor's hand, I am quite sure there was nothing untoward about it, but I must say in order to keep one's hand hovering exactly 1cm away from someone person without looking would be miracle!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:06 PM
Nobility

It seems to have been a fabulous, fun event for all! The royal couple were there amongst others, relaxed and laughing, and Maxima has a character that sparkles!
Old 04-28-2014, 07:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
It seems to have been a fabulous, fun event for all! The royal couple were there amongst others, relaxed and laughing, and Maxima has a character that sparkles!
Yes she does, doesn't she. You can feel her warmth and joy.

Tags
king willem-alexander, koninginnedag, national day, pieter van vollenhoven, prince bernhard, prince bernhard jr., prince constantijn, prince floris, prince maurits, prince pieter-christiaan, princess aimee, princess alexia, princess alexia (2005 -), princess anita, princess annette, princess ariane, princess beatrix, princess catharina-amalia, princess laurentien, princess margriet, princess marilene, princess of orange, queen maxima, van vollenhoven