The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
touching moments http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9RBv58HLmgY/T56qmak2B5I/AAAAAAAAz4Y/0wZ3o_fzxws/s1600/610x+(3).jpg

video
NOS Nieuws - Beatrix: helemaal onder de indruk
You can see when Queen Beatrix speak and the end that family is not completed, tears in W-A, Beatrix and Maxima's eyes. And I love Maxima's gesture (1:13) to Queen Beatrix to the end

[edit]
sweet NOS Nieuws - Van Vollenhoven: jammer, ja

interesting and funny pic http://cdn.monarchypress.com/1/14553...a214645181.jpg

and may some tell what exactly they're speak about, I know it about Prince Friso but don't understand everything RTL XL

DPP gallery Queensday 2012 - Dutch Photo Press
Thanks for posting the NOS video. Briefly, the Queen thanked the people of Rhenen and Veenendaal for providing an unforgettable queen's day that was very touching and heartwarming. With her voice catching a bit, and this is where the Crown Prince and Princess also teared up, the Queen said it is a pity and sad that our family is not complete today, but we will pass on your warm wishes and thoughts that have touched us all today very much. Thank you again for an unforgettable day.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Though HM never seems comfortable, and sometimes even shy, in these 'spontanious' speeches at Queensday. This time it did seem very difficult for her, esp. the part of her absent relatives. Her voice seemed to change and indeed, her son and d-i-l became emotional too. It musn't have been an easy speech.

Now on the down side... I saw the first 5 minutes of the broadcast in the train to Antwerp yesterday. These hysterical children in Rhenen were beyond bad and it aseemed that they have been eating sugar non-stop for the last 3 weeks. I know you are supposed to like anything that children do or say, but would it have been so bad if they at least practiced ...once? They were shouting the song (krijsen) and they seemed to jump around in all different directions. I can't see what is wrong in getting a childrens choir that can actually sing (in Sweden they seem to do that pretty well), or not get a choir at all and just have these children do whatever games they are playing in the village.

And although the family is a good sport, some of these games are beyond silly. Silly in way that it is not comical anymore. Throwing toilet pots... really? Who ever came up with that idea and decided that is was a good idea to let the RF join in... sigh.
LOL! True Marengo....Who on earth thinks of something like pot throwing..I mean...and they claim they have it as a tradition,they do it every year...."a bit" of a toe-curling program at times yes...but,the main thing was to make HM and the Family feel how much we care for them,respect & genuinely love them,and that message came across both ways too...I shut off the noise with the kids,no,it wasn't your train to Antwerp that went wibbly wobbly...it were the darn screaming top of their lungs little devils..What one has to endure at times...

ANP Foto

..and he won too...

Old 05-02-2012, 06:12 AM
Courtier

Queensday concert:

Fan van Máxima » Koninginnedagconcert 2012

Google Vertaling
Old 05-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks for those photos FanvanMaxima. There seem to have been quite a few different relatives this year. I notice Pricne Pieter Christiaan, the duke and duchess ogf Parma, princess Margarita and her husband Tjalling ten Cate. Any idea where the prince of Orange and his wife were? They didn't miss one thus far I think.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Courtier

I think the concert was at the moment they were in Londen last week.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Royal Press Europe gallery : Royal Press Europe - Royal Photoagency - © Albert Nieboer & Albert Philip van der Werf
Old 05-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Aristocracy

My photos are also online on my website:

HW-PhotoAll - Koninginnedag 2012 Veenendaal

my website: www.hw-photoall.nl
Old 05-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanvanmaxima View Post
I think the concert was at the moment they were in Londen last week.
Washington,they both were in Washington,Máxima attended the spring meeting of the IMF and the Worldbank there.

Great pics Gert-Jan!!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Washington,they both were in Washington,Máxima attended the spring meeting of the IMF and the Worldbank there.

Great pics Gert-Jan!!
thank you :)

my website: www.hw-photoall.nl

Tags
koninginnedag, pieter van vollenhoven, prince bernhard jr., prince constantijn, prince floris, prince maurits, prince pieter-christiaan, prince willem-alexander, princess aimee, princess annette, princess laurentien, princess margriet, princess marilene, princess maxima, queen beatrix