Koninginnedag 2002-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful photo's Happy Queen's Day

Thanks to all for the videos and pictures! I love Queen's Day, the public and the Royal Family all have fun, except for 2009, of course. I always look forward to the pictures and videos every year.

this looked like so fun, as always in queensday! my dutch friends told me what a feast it is and how everyone is really involved and takes part in events, from adults in markets and fairs, to youth in parties, to children. i think it's great the dutch family managed to make such an event of the queen's anniversary! it's probably the only ocassion for all royals where people really get involved. it's a shame it rained so much and i'm surprised how well the royals kept up to dealing with what happened last year.

however, what on earth was maxima thinking when she got dressed? that coat is just horrible and does not combine with her dress at all. her hair looks badly-done as well. i actually like mabel's outfit, but i agree it was probably not the best event to use it, but she pulls it off.

noticed that too, she was really very nice.

The thought crossed my mind that Maxima looks like if she is expecting but perhaps she just has gained a bit of weight or is behaving more contained.

I didn't like Maxima's clothes at all, she looked like an old woman with that coat. The other princesses looked more dressed to mingle with the crowd. I like what Mabel was wearing,
and her behaviour was very open en very nice

Too bad of the weather. Wet and chilly!
But is great to see the family out and about again.
I like Mabels outfit. It is the first time in history a royal wears a jumpsuit on queensday. The queen looks great in grey and Margriet is very elegant (nice raincoat). Don't like Maxima's coat, the model and print :ermm: but her shoes are really great! :flowers:

I think Mabels outfit is little bit fufu. You don't weare such a thing in public if you are a princess. I don't know what's she want to prove? She is far away from being a teenager. Much far away.

Wonderful pictures =) Next year I want to go there, too.

Bravo FanvanMaxima, your pix are great... I hope you have been able to speak to her !

Yes, she has told me about her daughters. 'My daughters are wonderful' she said. Lovely! She said that she sometimes looks on my website. :)

wow congratulations, excellent job! thank you so much for sharing with us, I love this photos becasue they are with no retauch of fotoshop and we can see how really they loolk specialluyMaxima, my goodness I never saw her with so many wrinkles!!!!!! she should to have a talk with CP Mary. thank you so much for sharing! would you translate what you wrote about the photos, I do not speak dutch , Did you talk with Maxima?????

I'll try to translate it, my English is not very good, but I hope you'll understand it:

(written on april 30)

Today it was Koninginnedag. The day started with much rain. I had spent the day in Middelburg, on the Markt.
First we saw the Queen. She looked very happy.
Then came Prince Constantijn, I've shaken a hand of him.
And then: Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima! First they went to the people at the opposite of us. Then they watched to the football next to us. We called Máxima and the came to us! I had given her pics of her and her youngest two daughters at the christening of Eliane van Vollenhoven (March 28 this year). She said: 'That's so nice. Awhhh, this one is for Alexander!' She called Willem-Alexander: 'ALEX!'. Máxima said: 'Awh, Ariane still has a red spot of her wound. And yes, Amalia wasn't there. I have got lovely daughters, haven't I?' We asked to Princess Máxima if she ever looked at my website. She grabbed me and said: 'Yes, of course! I know you very good!' She went on a picture with a girl and she said; 'Iris (FanvanMáxima) have to take the picture!' Then we asked to Willem-Alexander if we might take a picture of him and his wife with me. He called; 'Máx! We going on a pic with Iris'

wow, thank you so much! this is so lovely!!!!! well i wonder if she reads this forum too!? I am suprise she has the time for looking at the webistes of her!!! it might be for her interest to know where she stands with the people and her fashion maybe????it was really nice of her to be so nice with you, how is her dutch /??? does she has a lot of accent?

wow, thank you so much! this is so lovely!!!!! well i wonder if she reads this forum too!? I am suprise she has the time for looking at the webistes of her!!! it might be for her interest to know where she stands with the people and her fashion maybe????it was really nice of her to be so nice with you, how is her dutch /??? does she has a lot of accent?
Her dutch is great, but she has of course a funny accent. :)

Her dutch is great, but she has of course a funny accent. :)
I bet she ieven think in dutch and dream in dutch! nowwi dream in english and i think in english , and when i was in italy , france and denmark i use to think and dream in the country language, it is amazing really but it happen! and I am sure she feels very dutch by now, this is what happen when you live in a country diferent from where you were born or grow up and her daughters born in holland so one more thin to be so greatful to the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you so much for all yor information , i really apreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yes, she has told me about her daughters. 'My daughters are wonderful' she said. Lovely! She said that she sometimes looks on my website. :)
Wonderful news for you ! How proud you can be ! Congratulations !:champagne::champagne:

I love that Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette are wearing matching outfits.

Princess Annette looks wonderful in the robin's egg blue dress.

Great pictures.
And how lovely that the Family would remember you! :D

Thank you for posting your own photos. I really enjoyed viewing them.

IMO, the Van Vollhoven daughters in law are always better dressed than Queen Beatrix's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow your website is great and you have wondefull pics of the family on queensday and so sweet of maxima that she said she looks at your site sometimes!:)

I love Queen's Day.
Wonderful photo's Happy Queen's Day.
Thank you all for the wonderful pictures!

Just wondering do the girls usually attend the balcony appearance. I remember last year prior to the awful events there was some speculation as to whether or not we would see them. Fanvanmaxima what a great experience for you congrats!

:previous:

The only people who appear on the balcony are the adult royals. Last year there was meant to be an extended program due to the celebration of Queen Juliana's 100th birthday - there would have been a defilé at Palace Het Loo, but the program was cut short (for obvious reasons). If I remember correctly, I believe the girls would have attended the defilé with there parents, which is the only time they have been said to attend any Koninginnedag event.

Last edited:
Koninginnedag 2011, Thorn and Weert

The Royal Family will visit the town of Thorn and the city of Weert in the Province of Limburg on Queensday 2011.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/Actuee...November/Koninginnedag_in_Thorn_en_Weert.html

A beautifulll white town of Thorn with a marvellous history,and a city known for it's "vlaaien",a special cake.
Weert is also home to the Royal Military School.

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=11785907&pos=2

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=10401098&pos=4

The St.Michael church,remnant of the former Imperial Abbey as Thorn held one of the Imperial Abbeys of the Holy Roman Empire.
This one was exclusively for daughters of the highest nobility.

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=10401095&pos=6

August 1974,TRH Princess Beatrix and Prince Claus visited Thorn:

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=4063428&pos=5

On the Abbey of Thorn,once a independant Sovereign Princedom under women (read nuns-) rule...
http://www.christusrex.org/www1/splendors/thorn/thorn.html

Last edited:
Apparently 1300n police officers will be needed during this event.

source: de morgen

I think the website looks fantastic,it really does!Just hope for the weather to be as glorious as it is these days,up to 25 celsius here.

And as for security.We can't take any chances anymore ever after Apeldoorn two years ago,unfortunately.I think everybody agrees on that.Last year saw a marvellous and old-fashioned Koninginnedag in Zeeland again,and the security in place then didn't spoil anything of it,lets hope and pray for the same again next week.:)

Queensday last year,to get in the mood...:

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?specialid=3725&savesearch=1&flush=1

Last edited:
:dutchflag2:
The town of Thorn is preparing for the festivities tomorrow as the RF will start the Queensday celebrations there:

ANP Beeldbank

And getting in the mood:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy ANP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom