Inauguration Water Pageant and Dinner: April 30, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks to all who posted the wonderful pictures. The boat-ride evening produced the most beautiful clothes of all! And the pictures were very clear.

Congratulations and well done to the Dutch people: not only do you have a new young vibrant King and Queen who seem to be very popular, but it was also a joy to watch the ceremonies and festivities. Queen Maxima looked wonderful throughout and I think her husband should be very proud of her! I watched it all on Dutch TV, all 14 hours of coverage! Nice to see that Prince Albert as the most senior Royal had a prominent position, pity that P Charlene could not attend. Equally nice to see Princess Masako present...

The Court Circular from Clarence House relating to 30th April says that Charles and Camilla attended the Investiture and a reception afterwards at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam. Later they returned to RAF Northolt from the Netherlands. So they were not at the Water Pageant. However, he is likely to be involved in the State Visit of the President of the UAE today.

Video from yesterday evening, of the speech of prime minister Mark Rutte to the King and Queen, and also to Princess Beatrix
Rutte spreekt nieuwe koning toe - NOS Nieuws

Photos from last night, the king and queen after the prime minister's speech.
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1521368

Guillaume and Stephanie attended at the event last evening, here are photos with watermarks, hoping to get better version of these later.
http://www.isopix.be/persfotos_photos-de-presse/crown-princess-mette-marit-of-norway-1031828-st.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to the new King and Queen of the Netherlands,what a lovely ceremony and spectacle.Queen Maxima is a smashing hit with her great,larger than life personality.What a joy only to see her megawatt smile!She's the best consort of a sovereign.The new heir,Princess of Orange,Amalia is so poised.The Dutch people are lucky to have them.

Thank you for all the pictures!

Hope we can get better pics of Stéphanie, Lalla Salma and Sheikha Mozah arriving at the dinner.

Many thanks LadyFinn, Sheikha looks marvellous....it seems her jewels are also stunning

That was fantastic when they came up on stage! I loved it when the king was signalling the conductor to come over:D

What a fabulous 2 days!!!!! I can't remember being this captivated by something this much that was not related to the British royal family. I have always loved W-A and Maxima but now, WOW I am in love!!!! What a fantastic family, I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the past couple of days!!!

I read that they played Don't cry for me Argentina, does anyone have a link for this on youtube? I would love to see it. Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to the new King and Queen of the Netherlands,what a lovely ceremony and spectacle.Queen Maxima is a smashing hit with her great,larger than life personality.What a joy only to see her megawatt smile!She's the best consort of a sovereign.The new heir,Princess of Orange,Amalia is so poised.The Dutch people are lucky to have them.

Thank you for all the pictures!

I agree with you. The Netherlands can be very proud of their Queen who is just MARVELOUS. I loved her blue dress and sapphire during the inauguration. Congratulations to the new King and Queen.

That was fantastic when they came up on stage! I loved it when the king was signalling the conductor to come over:D
Just watched the video of it! How COOL! I think I'm really going to love King WA and Queen Maxima a LOT! And I am truly seeing his personality coming through now, loving it!

The king, queen and princesses going to greet the orchestra and Armin van Buuren was decided on the day itself. The mayor said beforehand that it would not be possible since the quay side was too high and the idea was initially cancelled. On the boat he was called while he was on the boat by a lady in waiting, if he still didn't want the king at the concert. He said no, but the lady-in-waiting laughngly said 'you won't be able to pull that off'.

The mayor also said that it was the request of the king and queen that the mayor and his wife would also be present in the boat.

Last edited:

Those little girls are so ready for the world stage, they have such poise and charm in front of the crowds. And I got a kick out the smiling violinist watching them at the 2:40 mark when they were exiting the stage.

Last edited:
Did Stéphanie & Guillaume attend the event?

Apparently something went wrong during the Bolero.
You couldn't hear the set that Armin Van Buuren made through the orchestra.
clip (in dutch)

Armin Van Buuren made a set to play with the orchestra on Bolero.
And the orchestra played during his new song.

There were sound problems, yes. But it was fixed during his own song Royal Intense.

Apparently something went wrong during the Bolero.
You couldn't hear the set that Armin Van Buuren made through the orchestra.
clip (in dutch)

Armin Van Buuren made a set to play with the orchestra on Bolero.
And the orchestra played during his new song.

I had been wondering about that. I thought it was strange that I couldn't hear him, while he obviously was doing something. Pity.

Despite sound problems, it was a successful day for Armin van Buuren. The encounter with the royal couple was a highlight of his life. "That was a moment I will never forget," he said Wednesday at RTL Boulevard.

The DJ emphasized that it was totally unexpected. "They were to stay on the boat, because the dock was too high. Then I suddenly saw the princesses come running to the right of me." The DJ claims to have received text messages from all over the world afterwards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom