Favourite Dutch Royal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is your favourite Dutch royal?

• Queen Beatrix

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Crown Prince Willem-Alexandre & Crown Princess Maxima

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Prince Johan Friso & Princess Mabel

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Prince Constantijn & Princess Laurentien

• Princess Margriet & Professor Pieter van Vollenhoven

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Prince Maurits & Princess Marilene

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Prince Pieter-Christiaan & Princess Anita

• Prince Floris & Princess Aimee

• Princess Irene

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Princess Christina

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pollyemma

Heir Presumptive
City
Washington,DC
Country
United States
Who is your favorite Dutch royal of all time??? (and why, of course!)

well, thats a difficult question. I wnat to select the following two: Queen Wilhelmina and Stadholder Willem III (King WIlliam III of Great Britain), both inspiring leaders in difficult times. Especially the stadholder who helped us through the disaster year 1672, and did everything in his power to protect the country from our big neighbours.
Queen Wilhelmina was an inspiring leader in the second world war, the mother of the fatherland. But apart from that her character is phenomenal, I liek all her excentricities and her hot temper (or as she called it: 'my russian blood').

Marengo said:
well, thats a difficult question. I wnat to select the following two: Queen Wilhelmina and Stadholder Willem III (King WIlliam III of Great Britain), both inspiring leaders in difficult times. Especially the stadholder who helped us through the disaster year 1672, and did everything in his power to protect the country from our big neighbours.
Queen Wilhelmina was an inspiring leader in the second world war, the mother of the fatherland. But apart from that her character is phenomenal, I liek all her excentricities and her hot temper (or as she called it: 'my russian blood').

love that russian blood! beatrix talks about it too...how that's where her temper comes from.

me to, it is such an elegant excuse. I tried to use 'my italian blood' for the same thing, never got away with it sadly. So, who is your favourite?

My favourite is Princess Maxima. She is always smiliing and looks gorgeous. I think she is the model of the new princesses

mariita said:
My favourite is Princess Maxima. She is always smiliing and looks gorgeous. I think she is the model of the new princesses

yes she is absolutely fantastic. we couldnt ask for a better crownprincess tor represent us.

I'm so curious if Amalia will grow up to be a great queen. she may well be poised to be my favorite dutch royal.

I dont think I can pick one person. I admire Wilhelmina very much. she was the heart and soul of the resistance in WW2. I also love how openly she speaks about her christian faith in her memoirs.

I just love the queens. Wihelmina, Juliana, Beatrix, Maxima, and someday C-A. But my FAVORITE of course is Queen Beatrix herself. Such an intelligence, sense of duty, loyalty, and hard work. She also just SEEMS like the mother to the whole country, which was what she intended from the start (she said so when she was about 10 or 13).

It's really difficult to pick one. I like Wilhelmina too, for all that she has done for our country in very bad times. Beatrix is also a great favourite of mine. She has such a sense of duty and is a very intelligent woman who is capable of taking wise decisions, a thing that is very important in a good queen...
From the new generation I like Maxima best. She has just such a vibrant personality and she really does a great job representing our country. :)

Overall I would say that Maxima is my favourite Dutch royal, because I can relate to her the most...

My favorite Dutch Royal is Her Royal Higness Princess Máxima. She is so spontanious, looks happy en have don Jet a lot of good work. Also her looks are a reasing why she is my favorite. She is a beautyful woman and a lovely mother now.

Maxie said:
It's really difficult to pick one. I like Wilhelmina too, for all that she has done for our country in very bad times. Beatrix is also a great favourite of mine. She has such a sense of duty and is a very intelligent woman who is capable of taking wise decisions, a thing that is very important in a good queen...
From the new generation I like Maxima best. She has just such a vibrant personality and she really does a great job representing our country. :)

Overall I would say that Maxima is my favourite Dutch royal, because I can relate to her the most...

yeah, it might be best to break this down by favorites in each generation. there are so many distinctive personalities.

Favourite dutch royal

who is your favourite dutch royal?

my vote goes for Princess Maxima... :)

[FONT=verdana, arial]Queen Beatrix[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]C[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]rown Prince Willem-Alexander[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]Crown Princess Máxima[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]Prince Constantijn[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]Princess Laurentien[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]P[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]rince Johan Friso[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]Princess Mabel[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]Princess Margriet[/FONT]
Prince Maurits or Princess Marilene
Prince Bernhard or Princess Annette
Prince Pieter Christian or Princess Anita
Prince Floris or Princess Aimee
Princess Irene

Last edited:
[FONT=verdana, arial]C[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]rown Prince Willem-Alexander:)[/FONT]

Maxima!!! always first and foremost. she is the future of the royal family. After 4 years, I still haven't entirely taken in the fact that my very own House of Orange has acquired such a fantastic crownprincess.

max8ew.jpg

anp

My vote goes to the Queen! :)
And then Maxima and Willem-Alexander!

My Vote goes for Princess Màxima ...she is the best crownprincess!

alyssaphoebe said:
My vote goes for Princess Maxima! :)

she is so great. One of the many things I love about her is the way she interacts so easily with other royalty too. you would never think she wasnt born a princess.
00105gv.jpg

dutchies8qa.jpg

maxandsil32td.jpg

maximaandmariatheresa5zf.jpg

afp, newscom, corbis

The photos are just wonderful! I think that among the Dutch Royals Maxima is my favorite because of all the intelligence, energy and goodwill she brings to her job. She has the potential to use her role to do an awful lot of good and my guess is she will.

Of the living royals my favourite is Princess Margriet, such a wonderful and discrete woman! But I like almost all the others as well (have my reservations on Friso and his wife).

Marengo said:
(have my reservations on Friso and his wife).

me too! they are singularly unsympathetic.

oh well, every family has a 'problem child' and the Oranjes are no different.

I vote for Maxima! She's such a wonderful princess, full of grace and of sense of duty at the same time. I can't help admiring her!

When it comes to living royals, it's a close tie between Maxima and Beatrix though I think I'd let Maxima win. :) They do so much good work, each of them in her own very special way.
From the Van Vollenhoven family Aimee is my favourite royal. I thinks she is just lovely. And Margriet. And Maurits and Marilene. And...and...and...

Oh well, Maxima it is.
I'm not able to choose properly... :eek:

As per carlota's request, I have added a poll to this thread. Whether you have commented or not on your favourite Dutch royal, remember to vote!

This poll will close in 60 days.

Alexandria
Dutch forums moderator

i vote CP couple because its so great gestures and couples and raise their wonderfuls 2 girls and im hope both will be good Monarchy one days

what about Annette & Bernhard jr.?

My vote go to Princess Maxima and Prince Willelm Alexandre, they are always smiling and look so happy together.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom