Favourite Dutch Baby Name?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favourite Dutch baby name?

• Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria

Votes: 47 29.6%
  • Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Emma Luana Ninette Sophie

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Eloise Beatrix Sophie Laurence

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Claus-Casimir Bernhard Marius Max

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Leonore Marie Irene Enrica

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Anastasia (Anna) Margriet Josephine

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Lucas Maurits Pieter Henri

• Felicia Juliana Bénedicte Barbara

• Isabella Lily Juliana

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • Samuel Bernhard Louis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emma Francisca Catharina

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Magali Margriet Eleonor

Votes: 9 5.7%

• Total voters
I like Anastasia (Anna) Margriet Josephine. I think all the names sound good together.

I voted for Emma Francisca Catharina, but I also like very much Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria, Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines, Isabella Lily Juliana.

For a single name, I choose Felicia. For the entire row I choose Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria. There is something stately about the order, I can't clarify it.

I like the name of Lucas. It is so nice that they remember prince Claus in this way!!

I voted for Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines. I just love the name Ariane!

I also like Isabella Lily Juliana a lot! :)

my prefer
Anastasia (Anna) Margriet Josephine
Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines
Emma Luana Ninette Sophie
Isabella Lily Juliana
Emma Francisca Catharina

I selected Claus-Casimir Bernhard Marius Max
I like the fact that Casimir is used after Claus.
The Counts of Nassau-Dietz, Ernst Casimir I and Henry Casimir I and Prince Henry Casimir II of Nassau-Dietz all have Casimir as their second name.

My vote goes to Magali Margriet Eleonoor but I like Anastasia (Anna) Margriet Joséphine too.

Last edited:
The additional babynames since this poll was held are:
Benjamin Pieter Floris (from P.Bernhard)
Pieter Anton Mauris Eric (from P.Pieter-Christiaan)
Eliane Sophia Carolina (from P.Floris)
Willem Jan Johannes Pieter Floris (from P.Floris)

(not sure if this poll is for grandchildren of P.Irene and P.Christina or just for P.Beatrix and P.Margriet)

I like the name of Lucas. It is so nice that they remember prince Claus in this way!!

Heu... Lucas has nothing to do with Claus. That last name is a derivation from Nikolaus (Nicholas) while Lucas is one of the Evangelists.

:flowers:

Lucas is an anagram of Claus, or the other way around. ;-)
But I agree with you that I doubt that they were honouring prince Claus in that way. My mother had the same thought too though.

The late Prince Claus had only one grandson amidst a lot of granddaughters. Female variants of Nikolaus/Nicolaas/Nicholas are Clasine, Klazien, Klaas(je), Klaske, Nicoline, Nicolette, Nicole, Coleta, Kolette, Cola, etc. In my option not very regal names and the link with "Claus" is far-sought. So I am happy that his only grandson bears his proper name.

:flowers:

Picture: de hooggeboren heer (the highborn lord) Claus-Casimir Bernhard Marius Max graaf van Oranje-Nassau, jonkheer van Amsberg, the only male heir in the new countly dynasty Van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg, together with his grandmother Princess Beatrix and his aunt Princess Mabel: http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Count+Orange+Claus+Casimir+Princess+Carolina+JAojErBxkxdl.jpg

Last edited:
Well, to be complete ;) the other baby-names in the dutch royal family

Luisa Irene Constance Anna Maria
Cecilia Maria Johanna Beatrix
Julia Carolina Catharina
Paola Cecilia Laurentien
Zita Clara
Alaïa-Maria Irene Cecile
Isabel Christina
Julian Jorge
(name of the son of Juliana Guillermo is not publicly announced I think)

I like Dutch names. Love to see all these Dutch names here : BabyNamesCube.com

I love Isabella Lily Juliana. It's such a pretty combination and all names sound quite dreamy together. Out of personal preference I find Isabella a bit boring (it's been so overdone in my country and there was a very unpleasant Isabella at my primary school, and thanks to her the name is kind of ruined for me), but in Isabella van Vollenhoven's combination, it sounds wonderful. I also like Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria, what a beautiful name.

I also love the names of the Princesses of Bourbon-Parma: Luisa and Cecilia. I don't like their middle names but their first names are so pretty. I also like Alaïa-Maria and Julia Carolina Catharina from this family. I love how exotic and unusual Alaïa-Maria looks.

The Dutch Royals seem to be fans of hyphens. King Willem-Alexander, Princess Catharina-Amalia, Count Claus-Casimir and Alaïa-Maria all have hyphenated names.

Last edited:
Yes, the hyphen means that it forms one name together. In the interview before his Investiture the Prince said: "Willem-Alexander is and has always been my name, not Willem." (answer on the question why the Prince did not opt for Willem IV).

Back
Top Bottom