Dutch State Visit to Turkey: February 27-March 2, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
February 27 til March 2, 2007:

HM Queen Beatrix, HRH the Prince of Orange and HRH Princess Máxima will visit Turkey from February 27 till march 2, 2007

http://koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=17270

(p.s. if there is already a thread, please close or delete this one, if this isn't the correct place to post this thread, please move!)

Communiqué by the RVD

The communiqué by the Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (RVD, the State Information Service) translated in English:

State Visit to Turkey

Her Majesty the Queen will bring a State Visit to the Republic Turkey from Tuesday February 27th to Friday March 2nd 2007.

The Queen does this on invitation of the President, mr. Ahmed Necdet Sezer. The Queen will visit the cities Ankara, Istanbul and Kayseri. During her visit the Queen will be accompanied by Their Royal Highnesses the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima. The visit confirms and strenghthens the historic, good and close ties between the two countries. President Sezer made a State Visit to the Netherlands in 2001.

On various levels and areas there are close ties between the Netherlands and Turkey, amongst others on agriculture, metropolitan policy, cooperation on justice and police, culture and education. The two countries maintain diplomatic relationships for almost 400 years (since 1612).

Furthermore the two countries are tied by a large Turkish community in the Netherlands, sized circa 360.000 people. Many of them originate from central Anatolia, where Kayseri is located.

Turkey is the 4th largest trade partner of the Netherlands, outside the European Union. The Netherlands are one of the most important foreign investors in the Turkish economy.

© RVD 9 Januari 2007.

Last edited:
The Program for the State Visit

Tuesday February 27: Ankara
>Arrival at the Ankara airport
>Visit to the Atatürk Mausoleum
>Formal welcome from President Sezer
>Visit to the Turkish Parliament
>Dinner offered by the President

Wednesday February 28: Kayseri and Ankara
>The Queen meets with local businesses in Kayseri
>The Queen speaks with Turkish imigrants from the Netherlands in Kayseri
>The Prince of Orange & Princess Máxima attend a younger persons conference for inter-culture dialoge and media at the Middle East Technical University in Ankara
>Attendance at a conversation of representatives of Dutch and Turkish businesses with the Prime Minister
>A concert and reception will be held at the concert hall of Bilkent University, offered by the Queen

Thursday March 1: Istanbul
>A boat trip over the Bosporus with an explanation about the city and river, history and present developments
>Visit to the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya and Grand Bazaar
>A reception for Dutchmen living in Turkey at the Kempinski Hotel

Friday March 2: Istanbul
>The Queen visits the Topkapi Museum
>The Queen, the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima visit the Modern Istanbul Museum
>The Queen visits the new Dutch Institute in Turkey
>The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima speak with young people, followed by a lunch where they will be joined by the Queen, at the Palais de Hollande
>Departure from the Istanbul airport for the Netherlands

From RVD (link thanks to Lucien)
Het Koninklijk Huis

Here's probably a couple of stupid questions and they've probably been covered before. But I was wondering who is regent when both the Queen and Crown Prince go on a trip together? Also is it customary for the Queen and Crown Prince to both be a part of an official visit? Or does it just depend on the reason for the visit? It's just that I don't see too many other royal families that do this type of joint trip with the Queen and Crown Prince and Crown Princess but maybe I just haven't noticed. I am quite new to the forums so I'm still learning some things.

I started looking around at other royal families threads about state visits and official visits just trying to answer my above question about the Queen and the crown princely couple joining her on this upcoming state visit. But I can't really figure out why sometimes the crown prince or crown princess goes or doesn't go? So it seems maybe it just depends on the reasoning for the trip and other circumstances. But I'll wait for someone more experienced in these royal matters to help me out with this.

I apologize if this isn't the appropriate area to be asking questions like this.

Aurora810 said:
I started looking around at other royal families threads about state visits and official visits just trying to answer my above question about the Queen and the crown princely couple joining her on this upcoming state visit. But I can't really figure out why sometimes the crown prince or crown princess goes or doesn't go? So it seems maybe it just depends on the reasoning for the trip and other circumstances. But I'll wait for someone more experienced in these royal matters to help me out with this.

I apologize if this isn't the appropriate area to be asking questions like this.

It depends on which royal house, and the nature of the visit. During state visits between reigning countries (eg. the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, etc.), most of the time the monarch and spouse and the Crown Prince/Princess and spouse will attend from both countries, sometimes other members of both families, depending on how close the royal houses are. But some times, only the monarch and his/her spouse go (like the state visit last year between Spain and Norway). And if it is a state visit to a country that is a republic (eg. Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria), usually the monarch and his/her spouse go. I think that reason that W-A & Maxima are going with Beatrix to Turkey is because Beatrix is alone (her husband has passed). This is what I have observed from the state visits I have seen.

JessRulz said:
I think that reason that W-A & Maxima are going with Beatrix to Turkey is because Beatrix is alone (her husband has passed). This is what I have observed from the state visits I have seen.

I heard something about W-A & Máxima going with Beatrix on visits outside Europe (with the exception of Belgium)

Thanks to both JessRulz and Princess Robijn. I was figuring it just depends on the nature of the visit and it makes sense that Beatrix not be alone for visits. Anyways I'm looking forward to this state visit. Poor Maxima having to travel and being so pregnant. But she's a trooper!

Aurora810 said:
Thanks to both JessRulz and Princess Robijn. I was figuring it just depends on the nature of the visit and it makes sense that Beatrix not be alone for visits. Anyways I'm looking forward to this state visit. Poor Maxima having to travel and being so pregnant. But she's a trooper!

I don't think it's poor Máxima, if she didn't feel like or won't feel like it, she wouldn't go and I'm sure that (in Turkey or in the plane) they will do everything in their power to make her feel ok!

Havn't they already been to Turkey ?

MissSaga said:
Havn't they already been to Turkey ?

willem and maxima were there some years ago, the main difference is that it is a state visit this time, what willem and maxima did was an official visit. perhaps this visit is a follow up of that one and it's the first time they attend with beatrix.

JessRulz said:
It depends on which royal house, and the nature of the visit. During state visits between reigning countries (eg. the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, etc.), most of the time the monarch and spouse and the Crown Prince/Princess and spouse will attend from both countries, sometimes other members of both families, depending on how close the royal houses are. But some times, only the monarch and his/her spouse go (like the state visit last year between Spain and Norway). And if it is a state visit to a country that is a republic (eg. Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria), usually the monarch and his/her spouse go. I think that reason that W-A & Maxima are going with Beatrix to Turkey is because Beatrix is alone (her husband has passed). This is what I have observed from the state visits I have seen.

Willem-Alexander has attended many State-Visits with Beatrix when Prince Claus could not go because of his health, and since 2002 He and Máxima acompnay Beatrix on the important State-Visits. From the other royal Houses only Crown Pincess Victoria was ony some State-Visits together with her parents and Haakon and Mette-Marit wnet to the UK in autmn 2005 but that wasn't an official Stzate-Visit. But the spanish, belgian, danish and british Heirs neverwent on State-Visits abroad together with their parents.

Yes my counrty
Queen Beatrix, Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima
visits Ankara, Kayseri and Istanbul
Turkish people waiting is Dutch Royal Family

Hos geldeniz QUEENECE29
:flowers:
We're all looking forward to this State Visit.The first of a dutch Monarch in the 395 years of diplomatic relations between the two countries.

To emphasize the importance of this visit HM takes Alexander and Máxima along.But on a day to day basis it will be decided if Princess Máxima is fit enough to attend all parts of the program as they won't take any risks considering her circumstances,according to Prince Willem-Alexander.

teşekkürler (thank you for wellcome) LUCIEN
State visit very important for two countries.
Turkish people and diplomatic person have proud and happy for this visits.
Too much Turkish people is fan Princess Maxima
I hope to see.
Last holiday me, my daughter and, my friends visits to Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Den Haag
Amsterdam very beautiful and noble city for Europe. We visits Dam Square, Royal Palace, Madurodam, Madame Tussaud's museum, Van Gogh, Anne Frankhuis, Rijksmeseum and alot of museums, Leidseplein, Remrandtplein, Bijenkorf, Nieuwe Kerk, Beurs Van Berlage, Central Station, Magna Center, Canal tour all places excellence.

Last edited:
articles on the visit

Queen’s visit to dispel talk of Dutch opposition to Turkey’s EU bid
Ankara is to host Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands from Feb. 27-March 2 at the invitation of Turkish President Ahmet Necdet Sezer.

The queen will be accompanied on her trip by her eldest son, Crown Prince Willem Alexander, and his wife, Princess Maxima, who is pregnant with the couple's third child. Twelve CEOs of worldwide Dutch companies such as Philips, Unilever and Shell will be also in the delegation.
In an interview with Today's Zaman on the eve of the queen's visit, Marco Hennis, the consul general of the Netherlands in İstanbul, said the historic visit would reaffirm and strengthen the - full article & source

Arrangements for Queen Beatrix’s visit to Turkey fine tuned

Friday, February 23, 2007

Dutch Queen Beatrix will pay a visit to Turkey next week. Her program in Turkey has been fine tuned according to the Queen’s requests and to sensitivities in Turkey
ANKARA Turkish Daily News
Queen of the Netherlands Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard will be paying a visit to Turkey Feb. 27-March 2 and her program has been arranged according to the sensitivities between the president and the government.
Known to be the world's richest woman, Queen Beatrix will be the official guest of President Ahmet Necdet Sezer, who visited the - full article & source

Ankara is to host a Dutch queen

Turkey will host a Dutch queen next week, for the first time in its history.

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands will arrive in Turkey upon the invitation of President Ahmet Necdet Sezer on February 27th, the Dutch embassy in Ankara said yesterday.

The Dutch queen will hold talks in capital Ankara, Istanbul and - full article & source

Wellcome Queen

Queen Beatrix, Prince W.Alexander and Princess Maxima now
in Ankara.
Wellcome Queen, Princes and Princess
first visit place is Anitkabir (Ataturk's museum and memorial mausoleum)
Queen to bring Holland soil for Maxima's new baby.

today program

Todays program :
Anıtkabir (Ataturk mausoleum)
Official Ceremony (Cankaya Pavilion) President Ahmet Necdet Sezer
Ayten Saban Diri primary education visit Queen Beatrix
TBMM (parliament) (16:20 - Turkish time)
Prime Minister's meeting - 16:40
Fashion Show - Cankaya Pavilion
Private Dinner in honour of Queen Beatrix - Cankaya

Feb 28 - Mar 01, 2007

Tomorrow (Feb 28, 2007 - wednesday)
Queen and Shell, Philips, ABN Amro Bank Ceo's visit Kayseri
and important Turks businessman

March 01, 2007 - (Thursday)
ISTANBUL
Bosphorus Tour
Sultanahmet (Blue Mosque)
Ayasophia
Topkapi Palace
Istanbul Modern Museum
Sabanci Museum

Maxima looked very well put together. she looked tired which might be due to the flight.Beatrix also looks good too

Het Koninklijk Huis

Princess Máxima looks very very tired,hope all goes well.Would be the summum of any integration project if the baby decided to be born while in Turkey.I wouldn't mind,contrary.

Last edited:
Maxima looks great! Is there a reason why they chose to wear black? Also, what does it mean that the Queen brought Holland soil for Maxima's baby?

Kelly said:
Maxima looks great! Is there a reason why they chose to wear black? Also, what does it mean that the Queen brought Holland soil for Maxima's baby?

It's not black,Kelly,it's a very dark blue (Máxima) and a deep green (HM).:)

About the soil,I think it's wishfull thinking in the turkish media,if,in any case,the baby would be born within the next 4 days,the room this would happen would be declared dutch soil for the occasion,no need for a mud pool:flowers:

The Hague -> A'dam -> Oslo -> A'dam -> The Hague -> A'dam -> Rhodos -> Istanbul

On Friday afternoon the heavily pregnant Princess has driven from The Hague to Amsterdam to take the plane to Oslo, Norway.

On Friday and Saturday she did attend the festivities for the 70th birthday of King Harald.

Sunday afternoon she flew back from Oslo to Amsterdam and was driven to The Hague for a short rendez-vous with the princesses Catharina-Amalia and Alexia.

Monday morning she drove with the Queen from The Hague to Amsterdam, to take the royal flight from Amsterdam to Rhodos, Greece, for a short stay and acclimatization.

On Tuesday morning she took the plane from Rhodos to Istanbul, Turkey and has arrived Tuesday afternoon.

:flowers:

Already a non-pregnant person already would get deadly tired!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom