Dutch State Visit to Turkey: February 27-March 2, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Strange crimp in the hat, but her hair looks nice pulled back. I like the outfit. Lovely smile as always.

Henri M. said:
She has stood in high heels for three days,
My feet would have been all blisters.

You've tryed that too!?You keep surprising me dear Henri..;) :rolleyes:

lucien said:
HM has invited President and Mrs.Sezer for dinner tonight in Istanbul as she is very much impressed by the turkish hospitality.The Royals are staying at the Presidents Istanbul residence and it is a warm gesture towards HM that president and mrs.Sezer are flying out from Ankara to Istanbul today especially for her.

Besides that there wasn't an official program for this evening,it's nice and friendly gestures like these that add some flavour to international diplomacy.

This morning the Royals will be floating along the Bosporus,visiting the Blue Mosque,the Aya Sofya and the Bazar,and tonight the private dinner.

End of this afternoon there's a press meeting with the "Orange trio" and the press.

Courtesy HJA,Royalblog.

http://www.royalblog.nl/

Princess Máxima regrets but she has skipped her attendance at the dinner with President Sezer tonight,it has been a long day for her,
who can blame her?

BeatrixFan said:
Oh I understand that. But she knew she'd be going barefoot. And who forces her to wear high heels? Don't get me wrong, I say this with love, these feet are not for public display.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Why? I'de love to hear your explanation. :lol: Tell us! :flowers:

lucien said:
Princess Máxima regrets but she has skipped her attendance at the dinner with President Sezer tonight,it has been a long day for her,
who can blame her?

what a pitty but indeed it has been a very long day & a bust schedules trip for her.well, i guess we will be able to see lovely pictures of her tomorrow

BeatrixFan said:
Oh I understand that. But she knew she'd be going barefoot. And who forces her to wear high heels? Don't get me wrong, I say this with love, these feet are not for public display.

Just curious...who's feet? The Queen or Maxima's?
But I must say, not a pretty picture to look at.:flowers:
Sorry, but I don't have a foot fetish...:)

President and Mrs.Sezer have arrived at the Ciragan Palace/Kempinski hotel in Besiktas,for the dinner hosted by HM,on the menu,ao,
"Bretagne poached lobster "Oranje".

A beautifull setting,the Ciragan Palace with it's view over the Bosporus,the grandeur of the Sultans,and an aperatief in the restaured hamman,just beautifull.

Fourty guests have been invited for this dinner,and as it is an inpromptu,not scheduled event,
the guestlist wasn't ready until late last night.
HM is happy and greatfull for the presidents attendance.

HM had just hosted a reception for the dutch community in Turkey at the beautifull Palace/hotel.

On friday President Sezer will see his guests off at Atatürk airport,a gesture highly appreciated by Her Majesty.
:)

courtesy HJA's Royalblog,just had to translate a bit for our none dutch speaking posters and guests.

RachelD said:
Just curious...who's feet? The Queen or Maxima's?
But I must say, not a pretty picture to look at.:flowers:
Sorry, but I don't have a foot fetish...:)
I belive the Queen's feet:lol:

I must say that the white coat didn't go well with the red velvet? hat Not her best. The second orange outfit looked a little better except the hat. So it is official that she is skipping the dinner?

In general, Princess Maxima doesn't looks very well with white coats...Someone must said it to her...;)

Vanesa.

A little OT but then again not entirely is the wonderfull exhibition in the Nieuwe Kerk,Amsterdam at present,"Istanbul,the City and the Sultan".Last night there was a special meeting,attended by HRH Princess Laurentien,who delivered a speech:

Het Koninklijk Huis

The Nieuwe Kerk Amsterdam

Btw,in a meeting with the press yesterday,besides the enthousiasm of HM,someone asked Princess Máxima about the dutch soil that apparently was taken along according to some reports,she smiled and denied it while rolling her eyes;"No no,that is not correct,we have not even thought about that,and everything is going well with the pregnancy".

She looks good here and I like the hat ,

CP couple visit to Middle East Technical University (METU) on February 28, 2007, in Ankara, Turkey. The Dutch royal family arrived in Ankara on Tuesday for a four-day official visit to Turkey. (Photo by Stringer/Getty Images) - pictures

i think this photo is very beautiful

lucien said:
You are welcome Aurora!:flowers:

As I said,there's always a summary after a State visit.

Tomorrow march 2nd at 17.35PM - 18.50PM NED2,report on the State Visit to Turkey:wub: !
Maartje van Wegen/Rob Trip.

To all those who can receive this tv station,it starts in about 10 minutes,don't forget!
:flowers:

Lovely photos, anda lovely to see! They all look so happy.

Atatürk airport,Istanbul this afternoon:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Albert Nieboer/Edwin Veloo.

Thanks for the pictures everyone. I loved watching this visit. And I know Maxima couldn't be that close to her due date b/c if she was she would've stayed at home. But she's very pregnant and one never knows if baby could decide to come early so I am glad and relieved that nothing has happened and that Maxima will return to the Netherlands just fine.

The visit was perfect beyond the expectations I gess, and I was really enjojing to follow them thanks to you all.:flowers:

Thanks for all the pictures! Everyone looked great! Glad Maxima made it OK, and that she will be able to rest for a few days.

For the summary of the states visit look at Uitzendinggemist.nl, then choose 'staatsbezoek turkije' and 'bekijk'.

Tonight the dutch program 'Blauw Bloed' will also cover the visit (and can be seen on the same site afterwards!)

Back
Top Bottom