Dutch State Visit to Turkey: February 27-March 2, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Maxima and Queen Beatrix's all costume excellence

axgun02.jpg
axgun021.jpg

Queen Beatrix to choose Turksih cofee
Princess Maxima to choose water

Interculturele Dialoog en Media Middle East Technical University, Culture & Convention Center - ANP pictures

I really like today's outfit. Maxima looks very elegant.

I think the ambulance is just in case something were to unexpectedly happen. I don't think that Máxima would be in Turkey if she was due any day now or if there are complications with the pregnancy.

It's just a precaution just in case something would happen. No woman would travel to another country if she was due any minute.

does anyone know which hours will they visit blue mosque?
I live in İstanbul so if I have enough time I think to go in there

Maxima looked great, she is also carrying her self very well for a very pregnent person. She is been quite elegent

The pink suit suits her really nice. I can see she is taken well care of during this state visit. She only has like a month and a half left and still doing official visits!

Gorgeous outfit for a gorgeous lady !! She looks lovely

Maxima looks lovely, elegant and beatiful:flowers: . She is radiant again. And I'm very proud of her, just beeing there with her husband and the queen. To lern more about her future position or put her joy in to a trip, no mather what was her reason at all, she make the visit more exciting ( at least for me;) ). If she chosed to stay at home with her children everybody could understand her.

Alisa said:
I really like today's outfit. Maxima looks very elegant.

I think the ambulance is just in case something were to unexpectedly happen. I don't think that Máxima would be in Turkey if she was due any day now or if there are complications with the pregnancy.

No, I don't think so either. I meant that if she even was in her eight month instead of her seventh you never know, some children are early. I think it is just precaution, but I didn't mean that she is due any minute.

The soft pink coat and dress today were very nice.

Unfortunately she is wearing those ankle-strap shoes again which make her legs look thick and short.

aww, i love her pink coat and grey dress. i think the outfit looks lovely, so does her hair and make up. i normally don't like the ankle strap shoes she wears but this time they look ok (although it would be perfect with other type of shoes).

Hendrik-Jan77 said:
Is it not standard procedure for these kind of visits that there is First Aid in the direct vicinity in case of, for example, an attempted assassination?
I would not jump to the conclusion that this could have to do something with Princess Máxima's pregnancy...:D

Well, I just said that because that was the caption of the picture.

lucien said:
Oh yes,there's quite some coverage here.The visit is on every news broadcast with updates throughout the day,all dutch tv stations and newspapers have a crew in Turkey.
Dutch public tv has a "special" royal news reporter,miss Maartje van Wegen,(ill-)famous for her coverage of royal events over the past decade,who btw is on her last call with this visit.Usually after any state visit dutch public tv also airs a 30 minute,or so,summary,as a "bonus",emphasizing the highlights and backgrounds,in the weekend following the visit.There also is extensive coverage beforehand about the countries visited.In this case,with hundreds of thousands dutch of turkish descent,it is not just the dutch media,but the turkish media is there in throngs too.(We have lots of turkish tv channels/papers here as well).

Thank you so much for your response and the additional links I'll definitely check those out. I was just really curious what it's like in another country when the head of state is on a visit such as this. Sounds so great that they keep the public so informed. Very different than here.;)

oh my gosh but im sure she will dues anytimes what terribles for her in state trips why not she would stay at home in Netherlands they wont getting pre-labor on state trips that would be so embrassment for her

skycan said:
does anyone know which hours will they visit blue mosque?
I live in İstanbul so if I have enough time I think to go in there

Skycan,I think the Aya Sofia,the Blue Mosque and the Bazar are scheduled towards the end of the morning/early afternoon.

On friday they visit the Topkapi Palace first thing in the morning followed by the Istanbul Modern museum,so you and QUEENECE should have a chance to see them.
:flowers:

thank you so much Lucien
I will try to be in there at that time
Its really good chance to see them together

lucien said:
It's not black,Kelly,it's a very dark blue (Máxima) and a deep green (HM).:)

About the soil,I think it's wishfull thinking in the turkish media,if,in any case,the baby would be born within the next 4 days,the room this would happen would be declared dutch soil for the occasion,no need for a mud pool:flowers:

I was about to ask the same...anyway i must say the outfits looked really black to me as well ...

About the soil...is this customary (regarding the Royals, that is)?

Verde Esmeralda said:
I was about to ask the same...anyway i must say the outfits looked really black to me as well ...

About the soil...is this customary (regarding the Royals, that is)?

Not customary but a nice tradition.
:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom