Dutch State Visit to Mexico: November 3-6, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:dutchstandard::mexicoflag:

With the date of the State Visit approaching,the RH website released more details today.

Monday november 3rd

Wreathlaying ceremony at the Altar de la Patria,the monument to honour the military cadets who were killed during a US attack,1847.

Ceremonial welcome at the Presidential Palace by HE President Felipe Calderón

Private meeting of the President and Her Majesty

Her Majesty will attend a Roundtable meeting with representatives of the Dutch corporate world.

Her Majesty will visit the Senate

The President will host a gala dinner in honour of Her Majesty and Their Royal Highnesses

Tuesday november 4th

Her Majesty and TRH will be received at the City Hall of Mexico City

Walkabout through the city with experts on architecture,cityplanning etc

Visit to a education and cultural center at the Santa Maria la Ribera neighbourhood

Lunch with experts on local cultures

Visit to the Antropology museum

Meanwhile HRH The Prince of Orange will speech at the seminar;"Energy Efficiency and Sustainebility from Producer to End-user"

Her Majesty The Queen will host a reception and dance performance for the Mexican guests by Introdans

Wednesday november 5th

The day starts in the light of climate change.At the Las Yerbas trainingscentre HM will be informed on the consequences of draught anfd the subsequent migration of men.The centre trains youngsters in agriculture techniques and watermanagement.

HM will visit the town Dolores Hidalgo where Miguel Hidalgo gave the sign to the 1810 fight for Independance of Mexico by ringing the churchbells

In the afternoon HM will visit Guanajuato,the birth house and museum of the painter Diego Rivera followed by a walkabout through the historical town

Thursday november 6th

Visit to the Pyramid and ruin's of Teotihuacan.This archeological site near Mexico City dates from 200 BC.

The State Visit will be concluded this afternoon with a reception of the dutch community in Mexico.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Many events just say Her Majesty, does that mean its just the Queen?
Becasue November 5 events all say HM and not TRH
and just one event of the CP couple with the Queen

November 4 - Her Majesty and TRH will be received at the City Hall of Mexico City

I think it is very unlikely that the CP and his wife will travel all the way to mexico for one event. They will probably accompany HM during the entire official programme, as was the case in Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Turkey, Belgium and India.

Last edited:
YEAH!..... We've had so many royal visits!

I think it is very unlikely that the CP and his wife will travel all the way to mexico for one event. They will probably accompany HM during the entire official programme, as was the case in Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Turkey, Belgium and India.

I thought the same, why go all the way if WA has one event and Maxima isnt listed.

YEAH!..... We've had so many royal visits!

How nice is that? ;)
I hope you can go and see them and maybe share some pictures with us

:mexicoflag::dutchflag2:
HM and TRH have arrived in Mexico late last night.Ahead of the start of their State Visit starting this tuesday,
the Royal party will have some time to acclimatise.

HM and TRH have arrived in Mexico late last night.Ahead of the start of their State Visit starting this tuesday,
the Royal party will have some time to acclimatise.
Very smart IMO so you feel good when you start the crazy scheduals. I can't wait to see the visit! Thanks for the best information lucien!!:D

Images of Mexico,Dia de los Muertos,All Saints and All Souls on 1 st and 2nd of november,is celebrated extensively in Mexico:

Mexico 2009

courtesy hja & Marius Cirtiu.

Images of the last dutch State Visit to Mexico,in 1964 by Queen Juliana,Prince Bernhard and Princess Beatrix.
Princess Irene was supposed to have come with them too,but in the last 10 minutres before departure decided
" to dedicate herself,according to his wish,entirely and only to Carlos Hugo" ,her then fresh fiancée.
Her move not to come along was received with disappointment in Mexico by then President Lopez Mateos and
especially by his daughter as she and Irene had become good friends during Irene's previous stay in Mexico.

In 1964 their was a special stamp in honour of Queen Juliana:

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c648253ef0120a6761938970c-pi

Last edited:
Cant wait to see pictures posted tomorrow of the state visit!

Her Majesty and TRH will arrive at 11.45AM local time at Mexico City's Benito Juarez airport per KBX government aircraft
flying in from Cancun where the Royal party acclimatised the past few days.

There will be an informal meeting at the airport after which they will be wheeled off straight to the Altar a la Patria for the wreathlaying ceremony at 12.30PM local time.The Altar was erected in memory of the childsoldiers,cadets of the military academy,who choose death over surrender at the US invasion in 1847.

At 13.00PM local time,President Felipe Calderon and his spouse Margarita Zavala will officially welcome the guests at the National Palace.

The Royal guests will visit Parliament,and tonight President Calderon will host a gala dinner at the Chapultapec Castle,
once the residence of the Emperor Maximilian and Empress Charlotte.

Chapultepec Castle on top of the hill.The streets are already lined with our red white and blue and the mexican national colours:

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c648253ef0120a64d86e8970b-pi

I suppose the Queen and the Crown Prince did not take the same airplane ?

Thats quite odd to have the Sovereign and heir fly together. I mean, if something wear to happen, that would make little Catherine-Amalia Queen.

Thats quite odd to have the Sovereign and heir fly together. I mean, if something wear to happen, that would make little Catherine-Amalia Queen.

Indeed,she would be Queen.And Prince Constantijn would be Regent untill she would be 18.

They often fly together,flying is so much safer now then it used to be.
Driving your car is more of a hasle and more dangerous,so no,we are not
such whimsicals in that regard either.And they got there safe.
What if what if?If the sky comes down we're all blue.:)

Maxima looks really elegant....However, I totally hate that skirt, it's horrible

What a great start, the ladies look really nice, im loving Maxima's new hat.
So WA flew the Queen and Maxima, how cool that is.

More pictures

Dutch Queen Beatrix (R) walking with Mexican president Felipe Calderon (L) during a dinner at Alcazar del Castillo de Chapultepec in Mexico City, Mexico, 03 November 2009.
Picture

Gala pictures ** Pic ** Maxima
Is that a new dress on Maxima? Love the earings.

Last edited:
a few more pictures via anp, looks like they took a tour of the royal palace or some section of it. Its the first time I see round tables at state visits and not long tables.
Picture Gallery

Thanks Jess, It actually does look like the dress

Back
Top Bottom