Dutch Introductory/Official Visit to Germany: June 3-4, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
:dutchstandard::germanyflag:

TM King Willem Alexander and Queen Máxima will pay a State Visit to Germany from June 3rd to June 6th 2013.

Thanks for the information! Is it already known to which cities they will come? Hopefully they'll pay a visit to Munich! that would be great! :flowers:

Thanks for the information! Is it already known to which cities they will come? Hopefully they'll pay a visit to Munich! that would be great! :flowers:

The full detail is not yet known,but dass schöne Munchen sollte nicht fehlen!!It should be on the list indeed!We have to wait and see...Aber toll ist es,oder?...:flowers:

Originally planned as an Official Visit by TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima to Germany,and more specific Hessen and Baden-Württemberg accompanied by a large economic mission,plans had to be changed due to HM's Abdication.

So this visit will start in Berlin as a full blown State Visit and then maybe some points of the original program.

Last edited:
The full detail is not yet known,but dass schöne Munchen sollte nicht fehlen!!It should be on the list indeed!We have to wait and see...Aber toll ist es,oder?...:flowers:

Originally planned as an Official Visit by TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima to Germany,and more specific Hessen and Baden-Württemberg accompanied by a large economic mission,plans had to be changed due to HM's Abdication.

So this visit will start in Berlin as a full blown State Visit and then maybe some points of the original program.

Oh, I'll be in Berlin at the 3rd of June - so maybe will be able to catch a glimpse and if Munich is included, maybe another later when I'M back home. Great that they come to visit his father's homeland.

Darn it, I'm visiting Berlin two weeks prior to this. It could have been very exciting to see WA and Máxima.

Will this be the first official/state visit abroad of Their Majesties?

:dutchstandard::germanyflag:

TM King Willem Alexander and Queen Máxima will pay a State Visit to Germany from June 3rd to June 6th 2013.
is it decided then that the Princess Maxima will be designated 'Queen'?:unsure:

is it decided then that the Princess Maxima will be designated 'Queen'?:unsure:

There is nothing to decide as has been posted a few days ago Gerry,she will automatically have the title,the courtesy title when her husband is King as is the case since centuries,as of april 30th.It is a total non-issue here in The Netherlands.At all!Contrary,everybody wants her to have that title of Queen Consort.

Yeah, looking forward to the State Visit and a glittering Queen :flowers::flowers::flowers:.
As Germany is the most important country (for business relations) for the Netherlands (PLUS WA´s fathers home country), I think, it really makes sense having the first State Visit in Germany.
BYe Bine

The website of the RF doesn't mention a state visit. They say it is an introduction visit (kennismakingsbezoek) to Germany. Munich (lovely as it is) isn't mentioned either. I assume they will stick to the original programme (Hesse and Baden-Württemberg) and add an extra day in Berlin where they will meet the president

The website of the RF doesn't mention a state visit. They say it is an introduction visit (kennismakingsbezoek) to Germany. Munich (lovely as it is) isn't mentioned either. I assume they will stick to the original programme (Hesse and Baden-Württemberg) and add an extra day in Berlin where they will meet the president

Ahhh that's what it means. Thank you! So no state visit then.

Ofcourse they have to meet Gauck officially,and there have been so many to and fro visits in the past few years,it's more like popping-in at the neighbours then anything else.

Suppose,as tradition has it,for Dutch freshly Enthroned Monarchs,that the real first State Visits by TM will be to Luxembourg and Belgium as did Queen Beatrix.

That and the visits to all 12 Provinces and the Dutch Caribbean will make for plenty an opportunity to gawk and awe in the first 12 months of the new Reign.

The visit will start with an introductionary stop by the new Monarch and Queen Máxima to President Gauck and Chanceller Merkel.All in all this will not take more then about 1 1/2 hours after which the Royal Couple flies on to Wiesbaden,Hessen,and on to Stuttgart,Baden-Wurttemberg the next day on June 4th.:flowers:

Last edited:
Nice that they will visit Wiesbaden, formerly the capital of the Duchy of Nassau.

It is not a State Visit!

I have seen the Welcome scene with the Germany President at TV life and I have to say, that both are doing their job with grace, prefessionalism and a lot of heartwarming smiles..... as if they never have done anything else. Wonderful, I am really impressed. and: Maxxx is looking phantastic.

I know, it is no State Visit, but is there any gala planned for this evening?

BYe Bine

I have seen the Welcome scene with the Germany President at TV life and I have to say, that both are doing their job with grace, prefessionalism and a lot of heartwarming smiles..... as if they never have done anything else. Wonderful, I am really impressed. and: Maxxx is looking phantastic.

I know, it is no State Visit, but is there any gala planned for this evening?

BYe Bine
I know what you mean. The pictures from the ceremony in Berlin showed a wonderfully warm and confident King and Queen.

Well, they had good training, hadn't they? It now pays off that former Queen Beatrix supported them so much during their time as heirs. During her reign Beatrix let them shine, allowed them to take over a lot of responsibilities, took them with her on her state visits... She understood that the new generation needed to grow their roots into tradition, and branch out into the modern world. Et voilà, Dutch monarchy is in good hands. :flowers:

I think that this is the first time that the newest/youngest lady-in-waiting (Barones Maria Louisa "Bibi" van Zuylen van Nijevelt, née Jvr. den Beer Portugael) joins the royals abroad. It wouldn't be surprising if in some years she will succeed Martine van Loon-Labouchère as mistress of the robes.

It seems that the king and the president are fairly well acquainted btw.

Last edited:
Does Maxima speak German? She was talking to several people in the crowd and I am wondering if she has learnt German.

Does Maxima speak German? She was talking to several people in the crowd and I am wondering if she has learnt German.

Well Dutch and German are similar, but just knowing Dutch does not mean you can understand German. So either she, indeed, has learned German, or there were Dutch people there.

I still love calling them King and Queen. Not sure if that will ever fade!

may be she was speaking english!

Yes it could have been English or Spanish as well but they were showing a short clip on our local TV station and it sounded German. Therefore I was wondering if somebody has information about Maxima's knowledge of German. As I am from Austria I normally recognize German as it is my mother tongue :). WA definitely spoke German today but that is no big surprise with Prince Claus being his father. :)

Back
Top Bottom