Dutch State Visit to Germany: April 12-15, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
The Queen will pay a state visit to germany from 12 to 15 May 2011. She will be accompanied by the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima:

Het Koninklijk Huis

:germanyflag2::dutchflag:

Sorry Marengo,it is not may but april 2011.

HM and TRH are invited by HE President Christian Wulf of Germany from april 12th to the 15th to be precise.:)

Thanks! I have changed the title of the thread.

:germanyflag2::dutchstandard:

The itinerary was also published in German on the RF web,which is
another indication of just how much HM values the relations between
the two countries and this visit,and looks forward too the trip.

(...as do all of us...)

Het Koninklijk Huis

A visit to look forward too!:)

Last edited:
The State Visit to Germany might be toned down due to a rampage shooting early this afternoon in the town of Alphen a/d Rijn.A 26 year old with a machine gun killed 7 people and wounded 15 others,four of whom seriously.

HM The Queen expressed her immense shock and disbelief and says she is speachless by the grief and pain done to innocent people.

Sad.But these drama's can happen anywhere at anytime and shouldn't press on itineraries
however painfull.Emotions shouldn't rule day to day life nor should be emphasized too much,as if we live in a society that kicks on emotions.Not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13024785

Last edited:
Toned down: so no tiaras I guess.

-

An interview with president Wulff on the occassion of the Dutch state visit:
www.bundespraesident.de: Der Bundespräsident / Interview mit der niederländischen Tageszeitung "Elsevier" anlässlich des Staatsbesuchs von Königin Beatrix der Niederlande

According the royalblog, the main issue for the Berliner Morgenpost is that this morning 9 streets in the center will be closed due to the visit.

---
I wonder if Johan Heesters will be present at the state banquet. He says he received an invitation to the dinner hosted by the president. However, Heesters (107) is still controversial in the netherlands. During the 2nd World War he performed in propagande amusement films for the Nazi's and emigrated to Germany. He also visited concentration camp Dachau. Recently a performance of him that was schedueled in The Netherlands had to be cancelled because of protests.

Last edited:
Heesters has no invitation.

:germanyflag2::dutchstandard:

HM and TRH have just arrived and are on their way to Bellevue Palace,
the residence of the President of Germany in Berlin.

There is already a paper in Germany with generally good connections who write that this is the "good-bye" visit of the queen to Germany as she intends to abdicate soon in favour of her son. When I just wanted to copy the link I saw the article was gone... Hmm...

And I just saw that at the moment German satellite and cable station Phoenix is sending live from the reception for the queen and her family. Have to go and watch.

Last edited:
There is already a paper in Germany with generally good connections who write that this is the "good-bye" visit of the queen to Germany as she intends to abdicate soon in favour of her son. When I just wanted to copy the link I saw the article was gone... Hmm...

And I just saw that at the moment German satellite and cable station Phoenix is sending live from the reception for the queen and her family. Have to go and watch.

Generally good connections or not,it is only speculation.

Generally good connections or not,it is only speculation.

Of course it is, but it's interesting to know.

I personally think that the queen is still very fit and her granddaughters by Willem-Alexander are too small so no abdication soon as there is no good reason for it (that I know of).

Well, it is safe to assume that in all likelyhood this will be her last state visit to Germany. The previous one was 20 years ago and I don't see HM reigning for 20 years more ;).

Thanks for the phoenix link btw, though it doesn;t show the reception but older images of HM.

First pictures:

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=15379870&pos=1

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=15379855&pos=2

ANP Beeldbank

Máxima looks fantastic!

HM seems to be wearing her small sapphire necklace again, like during the last time she visited Germany (to the Fürst of Waldeck-Pyrmont).

Last edited:
It seems that something went wrong with Máxima's hat: on some pictures the left side is up, while in others it is down.

It seems that something went wrong with Máxima's hat: on some pictures the left side is up, while in others it is down.

It must have been quite windy, you can also see it on the lapel of Queen Beatrix here. The hat seems normally to be down.

WOW Maxima looks great, of course so does the Queen!!!

I saw a bit of the live report on TV and had the feeling that Mrs. Wulff was either not very well informed or was unpolite towards Princess Maxima when they walked out of the palace and greeted some people before the military reception. First the queen and the president greeted the people standing in line, then the prince of Orange and Mrs. Wulff while Maxima seemed not to be sure where she fit in and finally did not greet the people at all. Normally Mrs. Wulff would have to present Maxima, wouldn't she?

And her coat looked ridiculous compared to the impeccably dressed queen and princess.

Heesters has no invitation.

According to the Volkskrant, Heesters was invited. Only a few weeks later the german foreign department sent him a message saying that they invited too many people, and withdrew his invitation....

Great pictures :flowers:
I'm looking forward to the next days ;)

Back
Top Bottom