Dutch State Visit to Argentina: March 30-April 1, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just saw another television report, the royals at parliament. Maxima looked great in white/black, one of her best hats ever (and pearls). The Queen was in black. They played Piazolla's Adios Nonino, in honour of the Princess (it was also performed during her wedding). And another good thing, Maxima learned to sit up with her back straight, very straight!

RTL also reports on the sentiments of the mothers of the Plaza de Mayo, who want more attention from the royals. And they are referring to the snub President Kircher gave the Queen, which never happened before during her 36 outgoing state visits.

Last edited:
Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands pays homage to Argentine national hero General Jose de San Martin in Buenos Aires March 30, 2006

from yahoo/reuters and ap

Attachments

• r4049442918.jpg
    r4049442918.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 137
  • r2991662152.jpg
    r2991662152.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 147
  • r1190117707.jpg
    r1190117707.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 278
  • r1346431741.jpg
    r1346431741.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 604
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
It looks like Maxima looked great indeed in black and white. I'm quite curious if we get to see more pictures on that one. Maybe later on? :)

Last edited:
I´ve just seen them in Plaza San Martin. Maxima changed her outfit. It was white and black. I loved the hat. She had to much make up for my taste. Maybe it is because her skin is not so good. Tomorrow I am invited to the Colon Theatre so I hope to see her closer.
The Queen was nice as always.

From polfoto and anp

Attachments

• AP714710_guest.jpg
    AP714710_guest.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 2650252.jpg
    2650252.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 227
  • AP714735_guest.jpg
    AP714735_guest.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 209
  • AP714746_guest.jpg
    AP714746_guest.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 200
  • AP714745_guest.jpg
    AP714745_guest.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 268
  • AP714763_guest.jpg
    AP714763_guest.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 167
  • AP714762_guest.jpg
    AP714762_guest.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 161
  • AP714761_guest.jpg
    AP714761_guest.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
From getty

Attachments

• 57217567.jpg
    57217567.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 57217572.jpg
    57217572.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 57217552.jpg
    57217552.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 57217543.jpg
    57217543.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 57217541.jpg
    57217541.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 198
I can't believe that our stupid president and the idiot of his wife will not attend the Colon tomorrow.. it's a state visit... they can't be absentt.. pleaseee they just can't be soooooooo rudeeeeee.... they don't give a damn of whoever is visiting and treat royalty as anybody else.. I remember that when the King and the Queen of Spain came here a couple of months ago Mrs Kirchner went to the gala dinner IN TROUSERS, she walked ahead the queen .. among other atrocitiesss.. FOR GOODNESS SAKE CRISTINA TAKE SOME PROTOCOL CLASESS!!!!

Queen´s hat is ugly..but Maxima´s is really wonderfull...love black & white;)

The Queen's hat belong to antoher category I think, best not to be compared with anuything but we have to look upon them as works of art ;)

Funny to see that Maxima also wears a pearl pin in her hat, like the Queen does. I never saw it before on her (or any of the younger royal women), but I always found it a nice detail.

BTW, thanks to everybody for sharing their personal reports, they are all very interesting and I am looking forward to more of them.

To Heiress Victoria: according to our news he is to busy solving a beef-criisis and a border-dispute with Uraguay...

She looks great! What a nice outfit and the hat is great too (again!) :)

Marengo said:
The Queen's hat belong to antoher category I think, best not to be compared with anuything but we have to look upon them as works of art ;)
Hey, am I the only one in the world that likes her hats!! I DO think of them as works of art, truly. They are always so unique and I think they usually suit Beatrix well. They would look utterly ridiculous on me, but she carries them off with style. I would love to see all of her hats in an exhibition some day.

Last edited:
Squidgy said:
Hey, am I the only one in the world that likes her hats!! I DO think of them as works of art, truly. They are always so unique and I think they usually suit them well. They would look utterly ridiculous on me, but she carries them off with style. I would love to see all of her hats in an exhibition some day.

Oh, but I totally agree with you! I think the Queen's hats are great, just the way they are. But the one she wore this afternoon was just a bit over the top, in my humble opinion. So don't be bothered about liking her hats so much! I would be very welcome to accompagny you to this hat exhibition some day (what a great idea!). ;)

Maxie said:
Oh, but I totally agree with you! I think the Queen's hats are great, just the way they are. But the one she wore this afternoon was just a bit over the top, in my humble opinion. So don't be bothered about liking her hats so much! I would be very welcome to accompagny you to this hat exhibition some day (what a great idea!). ;)

Oh good Maxie! Thanks for the support!:) :)I was beginning to believe I was the only one who liked her hats (which would have meant that I must have bad taste or something:eek::D:p).

President Néstor Kirchner received in the Pink House to Queen Beatrix of Holland and Princes Guillermo of Orange and Maxima Zorreguieta, within the framework of the visit of State that the real family makes as of today to Argentina.
It was a strictly protocolic reception, although the gestures of calidez of the president and their wife did not need Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner with queen Beatriz and the princess Maxima, whom attention of the press monopolized to the Maxima because it was born in the country.
The deprived hearing, that was developed in the presidential office, extended during 50 minutes and was used for the interchange as gifts and decorations, but there was no company/signature in bilateral agreements nor agreements to its term. .
Kirchner and the first lady gave to queen Beatriz tulipán to him carved in gold and silver and to prince Guillermo kills with silver light bulb, both made by the goldsmith Juan Carlos Pallarols. To Maxima they flattered a work carved in rodocrocita and onix to him. Queen Beatrix gave to the presidential marriage two old pictures of America of the South DyN Source

http://www.lacalle-online.com/noticias.php?id=71398&laseccion=13

Squidgy said:
Oh good Maxie! Thanks for the support!:) :)I was beginning to believe I was the only one who liked her hats (which would have meant that I must have bad taste or something:eek::D:p).

Bad taste? Oh well, no! We just like hats that other people don't understand! (That's what art is about, understanding things that can't be understood, isn't it? :)) In my opinion it has something to do with having keen and interesting insights when it comes to find out what hats are really about. Most people don't come to such a mature stage of consiousness... :p

How about that? ;)
(Yeah, I know. Most people would just call it bad taste, but you have to come up with something in case they do...)

Maxie said:
Bad taste? Oh well, no! We just like hats that other people don't understand! (That's what art is about, understanding things that can't be understood, isn't it? :)) In my opinion it has something to do with having keen and interesting insights when it comes to find out what hats are really about. Most people don't come to such a mature stage of consiousness... :p

How about that? ;)
(Yeah, I know. Most people would just call it bad taste, but you have to come up with something in case they do...)

Well done Maxie!!:D:D Thanks for giving me my biggest laugh for the day!:D Yes, we are just on a higher level of consciousness than most - that's why we like Trix's hats.;)

Squidgy said:
Well done Maxie!!:D:D Thanks for giving me my biggest laugh for the day!:D Yes, we are just on a higher level of consciousness than most - that's why we like Trix's hats.;)

I made myself laugh too. That's evil! :)
And of course we are! What about Maxi's hats? They're nice too, aren't they? ;)

I watched the ceremony on TV and maxima talked in english.. I thought she would talk in spanishh

Maxie said:
I made myself laugh too. That's evil! :)
And of course we are! What about Maxi's hats? They're nice too, aren't they? ;)

I like Maxima's hats too - she seems to be able to pull off anything. She has great taste. But I still like the Queen's hats a bit better - they just seem a little bit more original, or "one of a kind" to me. But I'm 100% positive that I am in the minority opinion by believing this.:eek:

Heiress Victoria said:
I watched the ceremony on TV and maxima talked in english.. I thought she would talk in spanishh

Did she give a speech Heiress Victoria?

Wait wait wait. i live in Argentina and I haven´t heard anything about bad press (really i only heard they were here today, the media only showed some pics of the glazier on monday i guess). Not even about Abuelas de Plaza de Mayo and K rudeness. The media seems quite bussy with another things and only care about Maxima not about the Queen (some of them talk about her like 'maxima mother in law') and hardly mention WA. On Clarin´s cover there was a pic of a soccer player and i could just find a publicity space (payed for ducth embassy perhaps?) about the Queen visit.
Well right now the tv is doing a report about them :D

Maxima looks nice. Love her hat

mm nono.. they were all seated at a loongg table .. and there were some senators and the vice-president in the middle and on the other side were the Queen (in the middle.. in front of the vice.president).. and the prince and the princess by her sides..it was a sort of "conversation" between them.. averybody could talk.. make questions... and answer them.. is that holland wants to help to solve a problem in a little village in salta (a northern province) and the queen wants to find out what was happening and offer some help.. but there was nothing signed.. no papers..
by the way... the queen also talked in english and the prince didn't have a traductor.. I bet he understands perfectly spanish.. woww the language used was a very formal and technical one .. so good for himm

Heiress Victoria said:
mm nono.. they were all seated at a loongg table .. and there were some senators and the vice-president in the middle and on the other side were the Queen (in the middle.. in front of the vice.president).. and the prince and the princess by her sides..it was a sort of "conversation" between them.. averybody could talk.. make questions... and answer them.. is that holland wants to help to solve a problem in a little village in salta (a northern province) and the queen wants to find out what was happening and offer some help.. but there was nothing signed.. no papers..
by the way... the queen also talked in english and the prince didn't have a traductor.. I bet he understands perfectly spanish.. woww the language used was a very formal and technical one .. so good for himm

Thanks Heiress Victoria for your explanation about what languages were spoken & about what happened at the meeting.:)

Back
Top Bottom