Dutch State Visit to Argentina: March 30-April 1, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Squidgy said:
Sorry for being a bit off topic, but what is this meat/beef boycott that a few people have been refering to?

According to this article: http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/dinheiro/ult91u106030.shtml (in Portuguese), the Argentinian president called the population to stop buying and subsequently eating meat to try and control the inflation, since the meat is one of the key factors for the raise of it.

The Royal Forums is not the place to dicuss politics.

As our Rules & Guidelines clearly state:

Absolutely no discussions of politics is allowed.

Please reacquaint yourself with them before any further comments about the Argentinian President. Any subsequent coments on this issue will be deleted.

This is a thread to discuss the Dutch Royal Family's visit to Argentina, then let's do just that.

thank you,
Anna_R
Dutch Forums Moderator

Does anyone know what they are to being today?

coming back to topic, i also think the visit to argentina of the dutch royals will be great to show the country to lots of other people. i'm sure the dutch people would like to know where maxima is from and where she grew up. moreover, it will be a special visit for us royal watchers since it means a lot that finally and after some years they all went on a visit to maxima's country (maxima was there some time ago but it wasn't a state visit, but a visit connected with microcredits, with a lot of attention in other provinces rather than on buenos aires). i just can't wait to get lots of pictures tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are the little girls? I want to see them! but I guess they didn't come with their parents..

photofan said:
Where are the little girls? I want to see them! but I guess they didn't come with their parents..
Both Princess Amalia & Princess Alexia are in Argentina. They just didn't come to the glacier because of weather.

The Watcher said:
I missed that, Which program? RTL Boulevard?

That was yesterday on Talpa at 18:30 ... don't remember the name of the programe, it's about the showbiz and celebs.
I guess we'll be seeing more of their visit on Show Nieuws and that sort of TV programmes in the comming days, and of course in Blauw Bloed. :)
This paparazzo said it was hectic, bec. he'd be, say, in Bs. As. and get a call saying that they're were spotted in Tigre (a river delta) and that's 36 kms away, or in Patagonia and that's a bit of a problem, bec. it's like 2000 kms away ....:)

Last edited:
I can't wait to see 'Blauw Bloed' :) :) I wonder if we will see images of Amalia and Alexia :)

Princess Robijn said:
I can't wait to see 'Blauw Bloed' :) :) I wonder if we will see images of Amalia and Alexia :)

I'm almost sure that we don't see Amalia and Alexia in "Blauw Bloed" It isn't a program for gossip. And if we see Amalia and Alexia on photos, is it in a private moment.

I think the real visit and our pictures won't really start until tomorrow. At leas t what I could read from their agenda. Wonder what they do in their free time in Argentina.

For live coverage of the visit, whenever journalists are allowed (no constant but maybe they will post videos, check the menu on the right):

http://www.tn24horas.com/popup.asp?nocache=1143727517514

You will have to check throughout the day.

Just one thing for those that may find that a bit odd, Argentina's Vicepresident Scioli greets with his left hand in a hearty way, since he has lost his right arm years ago (he was a famous sportsman and lost it in an accident similar to that of late Stefano Casiraghi. Both of them practice the same sport -the name in English I do not recall right now, sorry :eek:)

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 660
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 547
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 479
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 463
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 337
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 352
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 333
Oh, yes! It started! Hurray! The long awaited event! :)
Maxima looks great in pink and with the big hat! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Thanks for the pics Fanletizia! Maxima's hat is interesting. The photographers are going to have a challenge trying to get good pics of her face!!:) From what I can see, the Queen looks like she has a very nice dress on.

Thanks for posting the links, Maxima looks great indeed! Th hat is very much in the style of the belgian designer Fabienne Delvigne.

Maxima looks really great!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting

From polfoto and anp

From getty

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 321
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 478
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 256
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 302
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 356
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 243
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 255
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 300
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 257
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 304
Great pictures! :)
Maxima's outfit is really cool!
I also like Beatrix' dress. She looks lovely.

they were something news, very nice thank you i hope there is
coming more

Thanks for the pics everyone!!

I don't like the outfit of Queen Beatrix. It's simply horrible, IMO. By opposite, I love the pink dress of Máxima. I think she's perfect for the occasion. Shoes, hat, earings and make-up: all perfect!

Last edited:
Does anyone know what time the gala will start?? (Dutch time)

Tonight at 2.00 ( Dutch time) will start the Gala

Queen Beatrix outfit is not that bad. And the pink dress looks very good on Maxima, but i just don't like the hat!!

elmabruin said:
Tonight at 2.00 ( Dutch time) will start the Gala

thnx..
to bad it's that late.. (or early, depends on how you look at it :)) but I have the morning of from school, I'll look at te pictures then :) :)

Back
Top Bottom