Dutch State Visit to Argentina: March 30-April 1, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I totally agree with you, Catherine. If she's pregnant we'll hear it anyway when the RVD decides to tell us so. It's a simple as that.

About these rumours. Posted by Marianne on BRMB
"During the recent State Visit to Argentina it was rumoured that Princess Maxima seemed to be expecting her 3rd child.
News-papers are now stating that the official confirmation is only days away, with sources at Court and surrounding the Zorreguita family in Argentina indeed confirming that late Autumn there will be a new baby at the Eikenhorst estate."
http://members3.boardhost.com/Beneluxroyal/msg/1144939811.html

I don't think these are posted yet, but I found a huge amount of pictures of the State Visit at the site of peter smulders!
(Already 81 pics of the first day!)

Here's a selection of day one, the part where Maxima is wearing the pink outfit.

Last edited:
And the black and white outfit, also from peter smulders.

A lot of funny faces from Maxima...

Last edited:
And the state banquet (also from peter smulders)!

Last edited:
Thanks Maxie, great pictures! And a better view of her gorgeous necklace!

You're most welcome, Marengo.
I especially love the pic of the whole dress she wore to the state banquet. A very nice one, imo! :)

There'll be more pics soon, but I'm quite chaotic (understatement of the century :p) so when I figured out that other thing I'm doing I'll post some more pics...

Last edited:
Wonderful work Maxie!:)

I agree, it is nice to finally see a full length picture of that beautiful black dress! I think it is my favourite of the whole trip. So elegant & classy!

Squidgy said:
Wonderful work Maxie!:)
I agree! Thanks for all your time in sharing these pictures. :)

Squidgy said:
I agree, it is nice to finally see a full length picture of that beautiful black dress! I think it is my favourite of the whole trip. So elegant & classy!
I really liked the black dress, too. I was quite surprised to see that it wasn't a floor-length dress and one that went just to Maxima's ankles. And the way she pulled back her hair was so simple and elegant and classy. I really hope that of all of Maxima's evening gowns that she will recycle, this is one of them.

The cowboy hat has become my all-time favourite hat for Maxima, I just love it, so refreshing and a wink at her argentinian background.

I prefer the black dress over the purple one as well. The last one is to 'Barbie' (or it is the amount of make-up).

thanks everybody for the nice pictures, I enjoyed them!

Thanks for all the pictures, Maxie :)

And you are right, the black dress is gorgeous.:)

A few more of the black dress, the first pic is such a Maxima pictures, only her can make such funny faces at a banquet, also a back view of her beautiful hairdo

I wonder of this pink dress is from Valentino Couture, the embroydery and the genrous clevage:p makes it look like his design. Its a little to baribie IMO

And two of her fabulos hats

All from REX

Marengo said:
The cowboy hat has become my all-time favourite hat for Maxima, I just love it, so refreshing and a wink at her argentinian background.

I am sorry Marengo, but I just cannot understand why you relate a cowboy-style hat to her "argentinian background"... :ermm:

Last edited:
By the way...i guess she wore the same black dress to the 'De Zwarte Boek' (The Black Book) film premiere, last September... am I right, or was it very similar?

Verde Esmeralda said:
By the way...i guess she wore the same black dress to the 'De Zwarte Boek' (The Black Book) film premiere, last September... am I right, or was it very similar?

they were similar dresses, but the one that she wore in buenos aires was longer, as it was a gala reception.

by the way the second hat larzen posted (http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=580638d5ls.jpg) looks quite similar to the one that princess khaliya aga khan used for her civil wedding to the prince in september 2006, perhaps by the same designer? (although khaliya's looked a bit bigger)...

carlota said:
they were similar dresses, but the one that she wore in buenos aires was longer, as it was a gala reception.

I'm pretty sure it was the same dress. There is this pic at petersmulders.nl (which I can't find at the moment) which shows that the dress she wore in Argentina was the same (a short one) as the Zwartboek one. :flowers:

Maxie said:
I'm pretty sure it was the same dress. There is this pic at petersmulders.nl (which I can't find at the moment) which shows that the dress she wore in Argentina was the same (a short one) as the Zwartboek one. :flowers:

Yes, I thought as much.

Which are the rules about repeating outfits, in the Royal Dutch family at least? Does anyone know? :ermm:

Verde Esmeralda said:
Yes, I thought as much.

Which are the rules about repeating outfits, in the Royal Dutch family at least? Does anyone know? :ermm:
I don't think there are any rules, to be honest. I do know that most Dutch are very pleased with this habit of repeating clothes, because we don't want to be extravagant and I think most of us like our royal family reflecting that. ;)

Here's a pic of the dress in Argentina by ANP:
http://www.anp-photo.com/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=2654057

Maxie said:
I don't think there are any rules, to be honest. I do know that most Dutch are very pleased with this habit of repeating clothes, because we don't want to be extravagant and I think most of us like our royal family reflecting that. ;)

Here's a pic of the dress in Argentina by ANP:
http://www.anp-photo.com/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=2654057

That's probably true, Maxie... that goes for Beatrix as well? Has she been spotted "recycling" clothes? (on official occasions, that is)

Btw what I noticed when she came here on the state visit (and in general), is that Maxima applies (or her makeup assistants do) too much blush on the sides of her cheeks. I guess that's due to the fact that her face is quite rounded, so maybe she's trying to slim it down with make up...but honestly i think it's too much, and makes her look older...

Maxie said:

does that mean she has two dresses, one short, one long, or just one, the short one? that's interesting. she seems to like black dresses, and she does well, as it looks really flattering.

i also think that kind of bandeau dress with the embroidery in the upper part is very "maxima". she wore a couple of similar ones (the lilac one in australia, for example).

I checked another thread, "Maxima recycling clothes" and there are pictures that prove it is the same dress, knee-lenght. Both worn in the film premiere and in Argentina.

Thanks Maxie and Carlota for your posts!

Back
Top Bottom