Dutch State Visit to Argentina: March 30-April 1, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
Queen Beatrix, Prince Willem-Alexander, and Princess Maxima is scheduled for 3-days visit to Argentina on March 28-30, 2006.

there's a news about this visit some time ago, i tried to find the news from koninkjhuis.nl but there's none. anyone can help me?

a change of date....

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=14312

State visit to Argentina, 30 March - 1 April 2006

Her Majesty the Queen brings of Thursday 30 March until Saturday 1 April 2006 will make a state visit to Argentina

She does this on invitation of president Néstor Carlos Kirchner. His Royal Highness the Prince of Orange and Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the the Netherlands will accompany the Queen .

On March 31st, they will be in Tres Arroyos, in order to visit the only all Dutch inmigrants settlement of Argentina.

Until yesterday, the Dutch Embassy received the requests of Dutch inmigrants and/or their descendants, that wanted to be received by the Queen that day.

Source (in Spanish):
http://buscador.lanacion.com.ar/Nota.asp?nota_id=780657&high=m%E1xima

Last edited:
State Visit to Argentina's Program

from http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=14343

PROGRAM FOR STATE VISIT TO ARGENTINA
MARCH 30 - APRIL 1, 2006

Her Majesty the Queen brings on invitation of president Néstor Carlos Kirchner of Thursday 30 March until Saturday 1 April 2006 a state visit to Argentina.

His Royal Highness the Prince of Orange and Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the the Netherlands will accompany the Queen (see news report of 13 February 2006). The visit will centered in the capital city of Buenos Aires and in Tres Arroyos, Province of Buenos Aires.

The program is follows in outlines as:

Thursday, 30 March: Buenos Aires
  • Arrival and ceremonial reception on the military airport of Aeroparque J. Newberry
  • Reception by the President in the Casa de Gobierno
  • Visit human rights exhibition of the Anne Frank Foundation
  • Theme luncheon on the future of the Argentinean society
  • Visit to the Congress
  • Wreath-laying ceremony at General Jose de San Martin statue
  • State Banquet at Palacio San Martin
Friday, 31 March: Tres Arroyos / Buenos Aires
  • Reception for the Dutch Community in Tres Arroyos
  • Visit to the High Council
  • Visit to the district San Telmo
  • Visit to Asociación Yard Trapito that self-direct the children in the district Drawer Boca
  • Reception for the Dutch Community in Buenos Aires
  • Reception and ballet by Introdans, offered through H. M. the Queen at
    Argentinean authorities, in Teatro Colón
Saturday, 1 April: Buenos Aires
  • Visit at the MALBA Museum
  • Discussion on bioengineering
  • Farewell Ceremony at Aeroparque airport
24 February 2006

In accordance with the articles published this week end here, Queen Beatrix, Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima will meet president Kirchner, the Internal Affairs Minister and the Foreign Affairs Minister on March 30 at 11 o'clock at Casa Rosada.

On March 31st, they will travel to Tres Arroyos, where the only all Dutch settlement in Argentina can be found. There they will meet the Dutch inhabitants and their descendants, visit the Dutch School of the city, which belongs to the Reformed Church Cultural Association and that it is celebrating its 60th anniversary.

The articles also mention that once the official part of the visit has finished, the Queen, her son and daughter in law, will travel to Salta and Jujuy, in relation with micro-credit businesses and Dutch investments.

From Salta, they will travel to San Pablo, Brazil, to start the official visit there.

I was not able to confirm this information neither at Foreign Ministry Website( http://www.mrecic.gov.ar/ ) nor the Presidency one ( http://www.presidencia.gov.ar/ ).

Link to one of the Articles in Spanish:
http://www.26noticias.com.ar/index.php?p=notadetalle&pp=index&idNota=10798

Last edited:
At The Benelux Royals Message Board, our fellow poster Hja has posted that Queen Beatrix, Princess Maxima and little princesses Catharina-Amalia and Alexia will be arriving here this week, and that Prince Willem Alexander is travelling here from Mexico, in order to start the private visit before the State visit one.

No news about this part of the visit was published here, yet.

Link to Hja's post:
http://members3.boardhost.com/Beneluxroyal/msg/1142764983.html

It was also told in 'Blauw Bloed' a royalty show here (in the Netherlands)

Princess Robijn said:
It was also told in 'Blauw Bloed' a royalty show here (in the Netherlands)

Both informations? Thanks, Princess Robijn!!! :)

Queen Beatrix will certainly have the opportunity to know my country. Hope she will enjoy it (and keep my fingers crossed that K behaves!!! He truly would make a quick course in protocol asap!!!!).

i agree silvermj! i really hope our prime minister behaves, but considering the lots of protocol mistakes he made with other royals it wouldn't be surprising that her majesty sees him or his wife in a not perfect situation (with juan carlos and sofia, it was seen how many times kirchner huged the king instead of shaking hands or how the first lady cristina walked before the queen (or even before the whole comitee - the king and queen and her husband even- or didn't bow at her). really not polite in my opinion. not the best way of representing us.

carlota said:
i agree silvermj! i really hope our prime minister behaves.

I guess you would like to adopt not only Princess Maxima and lovely family, but Queen Beatrix as well. :) But we do not have a prime minister. We have a president, Carlota :D Whether we like his dreadful manners or not.

And yes, your are right in all the incidents you mentioned, but the list is quite longer, I am afraid. And that, leaving aside the summit last year!!!!

Since so many Institutions are now promoting Protocol courses (I wonder why:rolleyes: :( ) he and his wife would certainly attend and intensive one as soon as possible!!!!!! Good heavens, even M :eek: showed better manners.

And I do hope he would no spoil the Teatro Colon gala. I am eagerly looking forward to seeing it!!!!:)

completely agree silvermj. let's pray and hope... :)

i just saw the programme and it's a good one for buenos aires. i'm really loving the fact of the two galas (and one of them in teatro colon, which by the way is one of the most magnificent ones in the world).

i wondered about the visit to san telmo... do you think they will have a walk there or visit something specially?

carlota said:
:)

i just saw the programme and it's a good one for buenos aires. i'm really loving the fact of the two galas (and one of them in teatro colon, which by the way is one of the most magnificent ones in the world).

will there be tiaras at one of the galas?

i really hope so! :) since the visit has the name of the highest diplomatic visit, i would really expect them to amaze us with those beautiful pieces.

here are some photos of palace san martin, where the state gala banquet will take place. the place is trully beautiful, with some rooms that don't have anything to envy to the european palaces (see: golden room). to view photos, scroll down. you may also see the 3d images.

http://www.mrecic.gov.ar/portal/psm/home.html

The Queen did wear a tiara in Brasil (the diamond bandeau), so let's hope she and Maxima will wear one this time. If they do I don't expect anything to grand, but the smaller tiara's.

They have arrived !!!

March 24, 2006
The Dutch Royal Family arrive at Buenos Aires Airport, Argentina

1 - Princess Amalia & Princess Maxima
2 - Prince Willem-Alexander with Princess Alexia
3 - Queen Beatrix

(photos from ZumaPress)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 980
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 934
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 861
I think it's great they are taking their daughters with them on trips, and don't leave them with the nanny, as in the old days.

Does anybody has the schedule????????

purple_platinum said:
They have arrived !!!

March 24, 2006

3 - Queen Beatrix

(photos from ZumaPress)

Thanks for the pics;)
I just advice the royal family, to wear light clothes becuase the weather is getting hotter here..hahaha:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Maxima said:
Thanks for the pics;)
I just advice the royal family, to wear light clothes becuase the weather is getting hotter here..hahaha:D

I was just going to ask about the weather ... because the Queen looks like she is really bundled up.

I can't wait for this trip to get underway. I hope we see lots of colourful outfits and some nice (albeit small) tiaras!

Yesterday the temperature was very hot, but hopefully , it has rained yesterday's night so now its ok.
The weather is beautiful!!!!!...no clouds, a full blue sky!!! :)

Thanks Princess Maxima! I'm a little envious of your nice weather. :) I hope it continues for their visit! Who knows, all that sunshine & warmth might help speed along the Queen's recovery!

Yes, i hope that the weather go on like this :)

purple_platinum said:
They have arrived !!!

March 24, 2006

3 - Queen Beatrix

(photos from ZumaPress)

Isn't it unsafe for the RF to travel all in the same plane?:confused:

Her Majesty is visiting the south of Argentina. She is staying at the exclusive ranch Nipebo-Aike in Santa Cruz. You can google it for pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
carlota said:
completely agree silvermj. let's pray and hope... :)
i wondered about the visit to san telmo... do you think they will have a walk there or visit something specially?

Hi Carlota, sorry I did not answer to your post before :eek:

I honestly don't know what to tell you: If they walk around, I would have a good chance to take their picture!:)

But San Telmo is crowded during weekends and the streets are not exactly wide, so I don't know if the security agencies from both countries would allow them to do so.

On the other hand, I don't think they would have the time!!! Tres Arroyos, where it is my understanding they will have lunch, go to San Telmo, then La Boca, attend the reception of the Dutch Community in BA city and finally attend the Gala at the Colon theatre? They won't even have time to change clothes!!!!!:eek:

If their intention is to show the Queen the neighborhood and visit Pallarols, its most likely they will do so during the private phase of the visit, IMHO.

Of course, if that is the case, my best chance to take their picture will disappear :-(!

pollyemma said:
will there be tiaras at one of the galas?

Oh, I do hope so!!!! Specially during the Gala at the Colon Theatre!!!! Wow, that would certainly be amazing and great!!!!!!:)

Princess Emma said:
Isn't it unsafe for the RF to travel all in the same plane?:confused:
It seems they doen't handle it like the Danish Royals, where the Crwonprince and the Queen, or the Crownprince and his little son aren't allowed to travel in the same plane. (I heard so ;) )

Queen Beatrix from Holland,Crown prince Willem Alexander and Crown princess Maxima in glacier Perito Moreno in Tierra del Fuego (Argentina). All together enjoys a short vacation in Argentina before the official visit to Argentina.

from brunopress

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 454
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 340
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 446
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 434
Thank you for teh beautiful photo's!! Maxima looks great!! She looks like a filmstar!! WOW ;-) The Queen looks very happy!! Are there more photo's from bruno press??

maximaiscool said:
Thank you for teh beautiful photo's!! Maxima looks great!! She looks like a filmstar!! WOW ;-) The Queen looks very happy!! Are there more photo's from bruno press??

Nop..only those that were posted before ;)

Back
Top Bottom