Dutch Royals at the Memorial Service for the 'Soldier of Orange': April 4, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
TRH The Prince of Orange and Prince Máxima,Princess Margriet,Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven,and many other members of the Royal Family (The "Apeldoorn branche,Bourbon Parma's,ao-) will attend the memorial service for Erik Hazelhoff Roelfzema,The Soldier of Orange,tomorrow afternoon at the Dorpskerk,Wassenaar.

HRH The Prince of Orange will speech at the service,his cousin Prince-Christiaan will read the Scripture.Erih HR was witness at the wedding of Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Princess Anita.

Erik Hazelhoff Roelfzema passed away last september at his home in Hawai.
April 3rd used to be his birthday hence the service on this date.

Tomorrow evening at 18.25PM dutch NOS tv will air the service (or parts of-).

Last edited:
TRH The Prince of Orange and Prince Máxima,Princess Margriet,Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven,and many other members of the Royal Family (The "Apeldoorn branche,Bourbon Parma's,ao-) will attend the memorial service for Erik Hazelhoff Roelfzema,The Soldier of Orange,tomorrow afternoon at the Dorpskerk,Wassenaar.

HRH The Prince of Orange will speech at the service,his cousin Prince-Christiaan will read the Scripture.Erih HR was witness at the wedding of Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Princess Anita.

Erik Hazelhoff Roelfzema passed away last september at his home in Hawai.
April 3rd used to be his birthday hence the service on this date.

Tomorrow evening at 18.25PM dutch NOS tv will air the service (or parts of-).

Moving speech by HRH.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Among the guests:
TRH The Prince of Orange,Princess Máxima,Princess Margriet,Princess Irene,Prince Carlos de Bourbon Parma,
Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven,Their Highnesses Prince Bernhard,Princess Annette,Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Princess Anita.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dutch Royal family attended the memorial service of Erik Hazelhoff Roelfzema, Soldaat van Oranje, at the Dorpskerk in Wassenaar.
The service was held by reverend R. Steenstra.

PPE Agency

Does anybody know why CP Máxima wore a veil?
Thanks in advance.

Well, she's catholic, and people in very catholic countries still sometimes wear a veil. Especially during mourning times.

Does anybody know why CP Máxima wore a veil?
Thanks in advance.

No idea actually,she didn't have to allthough as a catholic she feld she could/should.I think it was a personal choice by HRH.
But it looked very good on her.

Each and every time I see them together,hear them,I can't but think we have an excellenty prepared/groomed couple for the time to come.
I simply think they are a wonderfull match,for eachother as well as for us dutch.

maxima's outfit was superb. i loved every inch of it!

Well, personally I find it a bit odd to wear a veil, which is a catholic thing, in a protestant church. It looks elegant of course, but still...

Some information about Eric Hazelhoff Roelfzema on this site.

Well, personally I find it a bit odd to wear a veil, which is a catholic thing, in a protestant church. It looks elegant of course, but still...

Some information about Eric Hazelhoff Roelfzema on this site.

Great site,thank you!

Btw,it's not just a catholic thing,HM dear Lillibeth wore one at the Vatican,the other way 'round.
All in all,it doesn't matter to Whom it could matter most,just us,earthlings,fuzz about minor matters.
I don't wear one,I'd look silly...;)

Back
Top Bottom