The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Great pictures and such a lovely family. The girls are just to adorable and Queen beatrix seems so relaxed and joyfull. As others noticed, I just love that she and Maxima seem so comfortable with each other.

In the NOS videoclip the Prince said that he hoped that due to picture opportunities like this the media will leave the princesses alone and that they can grow up as normal people without the feeling that they are haunted. He said that if his children would not have this feeling that he has failed as a parent.

Maxima said that she was looking forward to spending more time with her daughters, as she has been rather busy. She was looking forward to play with them, read to them etc. Willem-Alexander also remarked that both were fond of the water & swimming.

Old 07-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

the photos are priceless! such a lovely family. they are all so expressive!

wonderful family pictures, thanks everyone!

i think maxima looked beautiful. that shirt is to die for... so modern, fresh and elegant! the dresses amalia and alexia are wearing are the cutest thing. lovely colour for them. not to mention how much i like tavernelle. it seems such a nice, calm place to be on holiday....

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo

In the NOS videoclip the Prince said that he hoped that due to picture opportunities like this the media will leave the princesses alone and that they can grow up as normal people without the feeling that they are haunted. He said that if his children would not have this feeling that he has failed as a parent.
I agree with him that in general, it's none of our business what they do after hours so to speak. If anything, that would dilute the mystique that's necessary for keeping the monarchy as an institution intact, not to mention the very argument that it's simply inhumane to stalk people.

That said, there's also the view that the more pro-active paparazzi would be vis-a-vis Alexander's young family, the more we, mere mortals, would be aware of the very cushy leisurly life these people get to have, while being paid lavishly for, let's face it, not that much, tangibly, in return.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where Alexander is coming from and in his shoes, I'd probably act the same, but, to quote movie star Uma Thurman, there's something very, let's face it, hypocrite, about being paid exhorbitant amounts to be the <face>, the spokesperson, of a product, or a country in this case, being in the lime light like that with all the extensive perks, privileges and prerogatives that existence comes with, yet demanding privacy all the same.

That's the very essence of my own ambivalence toward modern monarchy, as much as I can see the beneficial side of the concept, and as much as I'm a die-hard fan of Beatrix, who in my opinion is the personification of what a good king should be.

All the same, these pictures seem to show a cohesive family, which of course is the point.

I saw the footage and what I was most impressed with is how well Maxima speaks Dutch, which is a very difficult language to learn, let alone master. She really speaks it miles and miles better than Mathilde I think.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

More pictures without watermarks from ANP and Benelux Press:)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	za.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	253761   Click image for larger version

Name:	zb.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	253762   Click image for larger version

Name:	zc.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	253763  
Old 07-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the pics without marks, Misshelen! They're great as always!
I'll just go on repeating what everyone else said: what a lovely family! And so many beautiful pictures! Lovely!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Courtier

A very charming family indeed.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Courtier

Wonderful sweet pictures!!!
I love little Amalia's hair, so blonde and so put together, it suits her perfectly
http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?i...elle0128tn.jpg
Old 07-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Heir Apparent

2 little girls looks so cute Alexia and Amalia looks so cute

HM Queen Beatrix always so great as role of Grandmother of little girls but Alexia will learn walk soon but its cry.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:17 AM
Nobility

Source ANP
Old 07-07-2006, 06:21 AM
Nobility

some more from ANP

Old 07-07-2006, 06:59 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...yals-dop1a.jpg

In this picture i believe there is a striking resemblance between the Queen and Amalia. They have the same facial expressions. So cute !!!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wow, thank you for these awesome pictures, little girls in their yellow dresses are absolutely adorable! My favourite pictures are:
http://img153.imagevenue.com/img.php...91_3256566.jpg

http://img133.imagevenue.com/img.php...20_3256569.jpg
Poor little baby crying...:o It's great to see her standing on her own legs and trying to walk.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Commoner

I love the little Dutch princesses. They are adorable with their nice yellow dresses. How sad that Alexia was crying because of all the camera's! I felt guilty because of people like me, who like those pictures, she has to pose... but the photo's are great!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Commoner

Dutch pics from Italie

I like the pics from our queen and her eldest son.
The little princesses are so cute.
It's a good idea to make such photo's.
Thanks for all the posters.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:58 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you so much for sharing all such heart-melting and amazing pictures.

Year after year I look forward for these photshoots as much as I am for a Royal Gathering.

It is so nice to see Catharina-Amalia growing so fast and becoming such an attentive and funny little Princess.

From photoshoot to photoshoot she is becoming more aware of reporters work and her paper in it and I think this demonstrates how well her parents are raising her.

And Alexia... well Alexia there aren't enough adjectives for her. She is such an handsome baby. She looks a lot like dad in same age. I like this thumb-sucking picture of her. She always look very comfortable with dad.

But my favourite picture this one. Look how sweet Catharina-Amalia is caressing granny's hand, like she had hurt herself and she is consolling her with her tinny and chubby hand - Just Wonderfulllll!

Princess Maxima seems very elegant now, this new slim figure suits her great.

I wish they have their deserved vacations, soaking on sun, bathing in sea and reading Princess and Dragon's stories to her babies .

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 07-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Few minutes ago I've watched beautiful Belgian photos from Bokrijk. I thought that I would like to see someday photos of Elisabeth and Amalia together. It would be great:)
Old 07-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Nobility

What a beautiful family - the girls are sooo cute dressed alike!!

I love the Dutch Royals - they seem genuinely close, and Beatrix seems a warm grandmother.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Serene Highness

Wonderful pictures! Catharina Amalia loos so adorable as well as Alexia. It looks like Willem has lost a couple of pounds, he looks great.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

I love these pictures, such sweet little girls. I know Alexia just turned one but how old is Amelia?
Old 07-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Nobility

She is turning 3 on 7 December 2006.. so she is 2 right now..