The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-16-2018, 06:11 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I never heard of it.
There was some friction between the van Vollenhovens and the main line around the time of the abdication -where Beatrix failed to refer to her sister and brother-in-law even once. But this was quickly solved by the king when he did so in his first Christmas message.

Old 01-17-2018, 04:19 AM
Administrator

Today, January 17, the New Year's reception for the Diplomatic Corps took place at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam:

** belga gallery ** ppe gallery ** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery ** belga mixed gallery **

** dailymail: Morning after the night before? Queen Máxima goes bare-faced in Amsterdam after hosting a traditional New Year reception..**

Old 01-17-2018, 05:35 AM
Majesty

In this very early morning I saw His Royal Highness Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands at the desk of the daily program Goedemorgen Nederland to tell about digital start-ups and e-Economy.

I found it weird that the brother of the King did not attend the New Year's Reception but nevertheless was willing to wake up at 5.00 o'clock or so to be on time in the studio for breakfast news.

I really prefer the royals, and certainly the brother of the King, to keep some distance indeed. It tires me to see royals in programs as DWDD, Jinek, Pauw or even the Breakfast News.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:21 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think that today there will be a new years reception in Dam Palace. I was cycling through the center and in the Raadhuisstraat I was passed by various colonnes of expensive blinded cars. Around the palace there were these ugly steel crush barriers. In the back there was a small group of people, among them a royalty reporter. In the front there were more people, mostly tourists I imagine.

The space between the barriers and the palace walls was filled with cars and minivans. In front of the palace there was a party tent, where guests -who were already arriving at 15:00 h. - seemed to be showing their invitation.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Here are the first photos of the arrivals for the New Year's reception today:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** rex gallery **
Old 01-16-2019, 05:14 AM
Administrator

The second New Year's reception (this time for foreign diplomats and representatives of international organizations based in the Netherlands) took place today, January 16:

** gettyimages gallery ** ppe gallery ** rex gallery ** anp gallery **
Old 01-16-2019, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Monaco's ambassador to Netherlands give us a look inside as the King Willem Alexander sent his message to the Diplomatic Corps for the New Year

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsta5byBUvH/