Dutch & Japanese Photoshoot in Apeldoorn: August 18, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the beautiful pictures everybody! Aiko, Amalia, and Alexia were all adorable. I think Aiko is so precious (and kind of looks confused, understandable since she's in a foreign country) at all the fuss of the photographers and such. Amalia was her exuberant self and the adults seemed very content. The picture of the two princesses holding hands is precious beyond words.

AH! they are holding hands. so cuteee. amalia and aiko! hahaha.
THEIR NAMES ALL START WITH A! :D

Some video links from Japanese broadcasting stations (will expire soon) All in Japanese
ANN news: http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/cgi-bin/yahoo/news.asx?cid=20060819-00000006-ann-int-movie-001&media=wm300k
TBS news: http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/cgi-bin/yahoo/news.asx?cid=20060819-00000011-jnn-int-movie-001&media=wm300k
NNN news: http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/cgi-bin/yahoo/news.asx?cid=20060819-00000003-nnn-soci-movie-000&media=wm300k
FNN news: http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/cgi-bin/yahoo/news.asx?cid=20060818-00000373-fnn-int-movie-001&media=wm300k

Photos from Royal Press Europe
http://www.royalpress.nl/20060818.html

my favourite one of Aiko from ANN
2006081900000006annintthumb000ex7.jpg

1 more from Royal Images

maybe little Amalia got tired from all the waving:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute pictures, mandyy! :flowers:
Aiko looks so happy! It's great to see the girls so happy! I really hope Aiko will be empress one day! :rolleyes:

Emily said:
One of the things I have secretly been wondering is if Maxima would host a most private luncheon involving some of the other Crown Princesses so that Masako would get up to speed with them in a relaxed, very private way. Maxima seems to me the kind of generous hearted person that might have made this suggestion to Masako to see if she would want to do it. It seems the perfect time to do it since Masako has come such a long way. Many of the CP couples have visited her at her palace (especially during the World Expo last year) and so would have some, however minimal, relationship with her. At the very least, I have wondered about Mathilde and Elisabeth popping up from Belgium. Elisabeth and Aiko are only three months apart and I know Philippe and Mathilde have met the Japanese Royals on at least a couple of occasions. I am going to have my antennae up for the whereabouts of the other CP's during the next couple of weeks. If any of you catch wind of something -- please post it!!

I was thinking the same thing Emily...I'm quite sure Mathilde, Philippe & Elisabeth will meet up with the Japanese family since the ties between them have always been quite close and Elisabeth and Aiko are so close in age.

mandyy said:
1 more from Royal Images
http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=loo2018pw2.jpg
maybe little Amalia got tired from all the waving:rolleyes:

She certainly did. When some photographers asked her to wave again she said ´no´, with a naughty look on her face (but after a few seconds she was waving again of course).

The video images of a giggling Aiko are just priceless, thanks for posting them & I wish there was a way to save them to my computer, but helas...

Marengo said:
She certainly did. When some photographers asked her to wave again she said ´no´, with a naughty look on her face (but after a few seconds she was waving again of course)

Good for her! It's nice to see little Amalia's got so much spirit. Throughout her life, she will be having people tell her what she should & should not be doing. Nice to see she has a mind of her own!;)

I love all of these pictures! Thanks everyone for posting them!

I love the first photo Mandyy posted where they are all laughing esp. Aiko.:lol:

unfortunally i could not go to the stables of paleis het loo because i had to work. But the press made beautiful pictures of the the royal family and there visitors.;) ;) ;)

Did you notice that both girls who are heirs to the throne (I know in Aiko's case it is debatable!) wore blue. In fact the men wore blue too. Do you think that they arranged it this way? It seems like too much of a coincidence that the eldest child to both the Dutch and Japanese crown princes is a girl and they both wore a colour more associated with a boy? Is that because traditionally only men became rulers?

Maycastle said:
Did you notice that both girls who are heirs to the throne (I know in Aiko's case it is debatable!) wore blue. In fact the men wore blue too. Do you think that they arranged it this way? It seems like too much of a coincidence that the eldest child to both the Dutch and Japanese crown princes is a girl and they both wore a colour more associated with a boy? Is that because traditionally only men became rulers?

I personally think the colour choice is a coincidence, but if Maxima and Masako did discuss the colour choice of their daughters, I don't think the colour discussion went as deep to say that it was because it's a colour associated with a boy and with the debate in Japan about only boys ascending to the throne.

Both Amalia and Aiko have worn blue in the past for photo ops (Amalia while in Argentina with her mom as well as a blue snow suit during one winter holiday) and Aiko has worn blue dresses on previous occasions when leaving for the airport or to wave her father off on a trip.

Alexia, who isn't the next heir, although follows her sister in succession, was also dressed in blue.

Thanks mandyy and everyone for the pictures! They are absolutely adorable! :flowers:
Both Aiko and Amalia are so cute :wub: I especially loved the pictures of them holding hands and Masako smiling. It is good to see that she is having a fun, relaxed holiday in the Netherlands.

Princess Amalia is realy adorable, thanks for the pic The watcher.

amalia is so cute. she is erverytime so happy. i think it is a new feeling for aiko. a child in the same position like she but so unencumbered.

I think Aiko is not a very happy girl. I feel pitty for her.

Janevlierd said:

I've seen enough pictures and videos of her from birth until this day to see for myself that she is a happy girl, just not one that always knows what to make of all the cameras. Her parents seem to dote on her and I think she exercises restraint to the best of her ability while in public because that is what is expected of her. And for a four year old, I think she follows her mother's instructions admirably well. It's most likely a mixture of comfort level, culture, personality and age.

Amalia stole the show again! She always stands out in photo sessions :)
Such an adorable little princess :wub: Always laughing and smiling...... just like her mom ;)

Janevlierd said:

I don't think Aiko is an unhappy child. If you watch the videos posted in this thread, there is a point when Aiko laughs and giggles like a little girl. She does it in the cutest way too, covering up her mouth but still audibly laughing.

I think she is just more somber than Amalia. Who wouldn't be next to Amalia anyways, who is so outgoing and has some very over the top movements like throwing her arms up in the air and smiling broadly at the cameras. She's very outgoing and doesn't seem shy or intimidated at all by the presence of all those Dutch and Japanese media.

Those girls are so cute. It was great to see everyone smiling and laughing with each other.

Beautiful picture of Amalia ....Thank you all for the pictures and news.

viola said:
Love princess Amalia, she is a cheerful girl.

I must agree!:) Where does she get all that energy? Oh yes, Princess Maxima:lol:! Princess Alexia seems to be much quieter or maybe it is just her age?

That is a good message. I'm sorry, my english is not so very well. But I am glad that she is a quit happy girl.

Such adorable girls all three of them, I love the blue dresses.

Masako and Aiko made the cover this week for Josei 7
image from Josei 7

It looks like they're enjoying their "much needed" vacation. Masako looks so happy and relaxed... not all tense like she usually did in recent photos. The little girls are adorable... and hopefully will make permanent friendships. :)

I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of Princess Masako. She seems very happy.

I hope this is a time when she could really relax. Wouldn't it be amusing if she gets pregnant on this trip and has a boy? :rolleyes: What would the Imperial Household do then??????

Someone would be kicking themselves: we should have sent them to the Netherlands years ago!!!:lol:

She is my favorite of all the Princesses. I read somewhere that she was at a dinner with (i think) Clinton and Yeltsin. She turned from one to the another and went from English to Russian without turning a hair. I think that is impressive!

I really hope she will be able to be away from all the pressure and just enjoy her little girl. Who is adorable too!

Back
Top Bottom