The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Great pictures! :)

The Girls are so cute! It's such a cute idea to dress all 3 of them in blue!
Amalia became really "professional" (so cute, to see her waving) and Alexia grew so fast! Aiko is adorable! :)

Maxima looked really elegant. The same goes for Beatrix! She looked really good in this outfit!

Old 08-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Serene Highness

Mandyy - thank you so much for these much anticipated photos. What a joyous photo session. It must be a bit confusing for Aiko to see how outwardly expressive the DRF is able to be in front of the cameras since that is not the tradition in Japan. And yet, I think that is the beauty of a visit to a different culture. I hope they feel the "freedom to be" in the Netherlands and have a wonderful time.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Serene Highness

Maxima looks great after holidays. I love Catharina Amalia, she was the star of photoshoot It's just in me, or Aiko is very shy?
Old 08-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

It seems so. But Aiko is so cute! I wonder how the girls talk to each other. It looks as if Amalia is talking to her little friend in dutch the whole time. I can understand that Aiko looks so shy then. She doesn't understand anything!

Old 08-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
It looks as if Amalia is talking to her little friend in dutch the whole time. I can understand that Aiko looks so shy then. She doesn't understand anything!
That is hilarious! I guess I just assumed both girls had already been exposed to English and that is what they spoke -- surely it is the language the parents are speaking, don't you think? Oh how I hope they have a great time. I agree with Henri, I would selfishly love to see more photos of the Japanese royals during their visit -- but on the other hand I really don't want to see more until after the visit and they choose to release some pictures of what was done!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

How lovely... The pics of Aiko and Amalia in their blue dresses holding hands are sooo cute. Masako looks very well imo.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Serene Highness

Great pictures , everyone looks elegant and happy :)
Old 08-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Serene Highness

But after all, you can see much more pics of DRF than JRF.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
That is hilarious! I guess I just assumed both girls had already been exposed to English and that is what they spoke -- surely it is the language the parents are speaking, don't you think? Oh how I hope they have a great time. I agree with Henri, I would selfishly love to see more photos of the Japanese royals during their visit -- but on the other hand I really don't want to see more until after the visit and they choose to release some pictures of what was done!
I guess they employ a nanny who speaks both Dutch and Japanese and is able to translate during the visit. at least that's what I would do.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Courtier

Great pictures thanks. They all look so happy!!!
The children are so cute!!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you all for great job done covering the Photoshoot!

Your efforts were highly apreciated

I've made the translation of Hola article regarding the Photoshoot...

They have some pictures but, as always, you beat them , they've already been posted here...

Just the article then ;

18 AUGUST 2006

The Netherlands opened its hospitable arms and extended them until Japan. In this occasion, the Dutch Royal House through Queen Beatriz, has formally invited Princes of Japan to spend their summer vacations next to them, in the castle of Apeldoorn, in the east of Holland. And they, deluded, said yes. Not in vain, this one is the first trip to the foreigner that makes together (next to the small Aiko) since 2002, when they visited New Zealand and Australia.

The sadness of Masako
Since August 2004, princess Masako undergoes a depression that, little by little, is surpassing. The doctors have advised her to travel with their family, far from her surroundings. Regarding this medical suggestion, Queen Beatriz of The Netherlands did no doubt in offering her country for her "cure". And they prepared the suitcases, during these days in which princess Kiko was admitted to a hospital in Tokyo when arising some complications in her pregnancy. As one remembers, and without the law of the Imperial House has been modified to allow the access of a woman to the Throne, if princess Kiko has a man will relegate the little Aiko from the line of succession.

First Quality Hosts
No will know until the beginning of September the destiny for the imperial future of Japan. But, meanwhile, the life continues and prince Naruhito has valued very positively the fact to travel next to his family. Queen Beatriz, as well as Princes of Orange, along with their little ones, have become this fortnight the very pending hosts of first satisfying their illustrious guests. And, most important, one has seen Princess Masako smile again.

Regards,
mtbcm
Old 08-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Aristocracy

Love the photos! all the girls are so cute!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Royal Highness

The Japanese guests are staying in the Queen's weekend retreat.

This is the castle:

The castle is one of the estates on the Royal Domain Het Loo, which for centuries was (and is) a favourite countryside residence for the Orange-Nassaus.

The castle is close to the grand palace and its amazing park, but is invisible for the public. Today's photoshoot was held in the royal stables. There are many more objects like Princess Margriet's house, the bath pavillion, the greeneries, the animal cemetery, the King's Lodge, etc.

Picture from Seegerpress, bucketed via my own webspace.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie_Annemy
I have found a little film of the photo session: http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/beeld_...uid/index.html

Choose the link: Japans kroonprinselijk gezin aangekomen in Nederland . If you click on that (it's the 5th link) you see the film.
I only get the audio, and a black screen!!! Why is that?
Old 08-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Video: http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/video/ > Video's vrijdag >Japans paar bij Beatrix
Old 08-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Royal Highness

This session is wonderful !!!!! Thanksss for the photosss
Old 08-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Courtier

It's almost midnight here in the Philippines - and it's a Friday night (should be out having fun with the girls).... yet I'm here at TRF just to browse over the photo session. The pics are delightful. And I especially like the ones of Maxima looking down at Aiko and smiling broadly. Everyone looks great and happy. The little girls look so adorable together.... extremely adorable!
Thanks, everyone!

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 08-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Courtier

Prince Naruhito seems to be an incredible man, what he has done for his family and the support he is giving to Masako is enormous, I hope the best for him and his family.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
The Japanese guests are staying in the Queen's weekend retreat.

Picture from Seegerpress, bucketed via my own webspace.
Thank you, Henri, for the tour .

Amazing and Beautiful!

A great retreat indeed...

Regards,
mtbcm
Old 08-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Gentry

P Masako and P Naruhito and their little princess looks so soooooooo happy. the happiest i have ever seen. very glad for them to be away from japan and from all the stress. The dutch royal family is really nice to invite them over. hope the 3 little princess enjoy their time together :)))