Dutch & Japanese Photoshoot in Apeldoorn: August 18, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great pictures! :)

The Girls are so cute! It's such a cute idea to dress all 3 of them in blue! :flowers:
Amalia became really "professional" (so cute, to see her waving) and Alexia grew so fast! Aiko is adorable! :)

Maxima looked really elegant. The same goes for Beatrix! She looked really good in this outfit!

Mandyy - thank you so much for these much anticipated photos. What a joyous photo session. It must be a bit confusing for Aiko to see how outwardly expressive the DRF is able to be in front of the cameras since that is not the tradition in Japan. And yet, I think that is the beauty of a visit to a different culture. I hope they feel the "freedom to be" in the Netherlands and have a wonderful time.

Maxima looks great after holidays. I love Catharina Amalia, she was the star of photoshoot :lol: It's just in me, or Aiko is very shy?

It seems so. But Aiko is so cute! :wub: I wonder how the girls talk to each other. It looks as if Amalia is talking to her little friend in dutch the whole time. I can understand that Aiko looks so shy then. She doesn't understand anything! :lol:

Her_Majesty said:
It looks as if Amalia is talking to her little friend in dutch the whole time. I can understand that Aiko looks so shy then. She doesn't understand anything! :lol:

That is hilarious! I guess I just assumed both girls had already been exposed to English and that is what they spoke -- surely it is the language the parents are speaking, don't you think? Oh how I hope they have a great time. I agree with Henri, I would selfishly love to see more photos of the Japanese royals during their visit -- but on the other hand I really don't want to see more until after the visit and they choose to release some pictures of what was done!

How lovely... The pics of Aiko and Amalia in their blue dresses holding hands are sooo cute. Masako looks very well imo.

Great pictures , everyone looks elegant and happy :)

But after all, you can see much more pics of DRF than JRF. :neutral:

Emily said:
That is hilarious! I guess I just assumed both girls had already been exposed to English and that is what they spoke -- surely it is the language the parents are speaking, don't you think? Oh how I hope they have a great time. I agree with Henri, I would selfishly love to see more photos of the Japanese royals during their visit -- but on the other hand I really don't want to see more until after the visit and they choose to release some pictures of what was done!

I guess they employ a nanny who speaks both Dutch and Japanese and is able to translate during the visit. at least that's what I would do. ;)

Great pictures thanks. They all look so happy!!!
The children are so cute!!!!

Thank you all for great job done covering the Photoshoot!

Your efforts were highly apreciated :flowers:

I've made the translation of Hola article regarding the Photoshoot...

They have some pictures but, as always, you beat them ;), they've already been posted here...

Just the article then:) ;

18 AUGUST 2006

The Netherlands opened its hospitable arms and extended them until Japan. In this occasion, the Dutch Royal House through Queen Beatriz, has formally invited Princes of Japan to spend their summer vacations next to them, in the castle of Apeldoorn, in the east of Holland. And they, deluded, said yes. Not in vain, this one is the first trip to the foreigner that makes together (next to the small Aiko) since 2002, when they visited New Zealand and Australia.

The sadness of Masako
Since August 2004, princess Masako undergoes a depression that, little by little, is surpassing. The doctors have advised her to travel with their family, far from her surroundings. Regarding this medical suggestion, Queen Beatriz of The Netherlands did no doubt in offering her country for her "cure". And they prepared the suitcases, during these days in which princess Kiko was admitted to a hospital in Tokyo when arising some complications in her pregnancy. As one remembers, and without the law of the Imperial House has been modified to allow the access of a woman to the Throne, if princess Kiko has a man will relegate the little Aiko from the line of succession.

First Quality Hosts
No will know until the beginning of September the destiny for the imperial future of Japan. But, meanwhile, the life continues and prince Naruhito has valued very positively the fact to travel next to his family. Queen Beatriz, as well as Princes of Orange, along with their little ones, have become this fortnight the very pending hosts of first satisfying their illustrious guests. And, most important, one has seen Princess Masako smile again.

Regards,
mtbcm:)

Love the photos! all the girls are so cute!!!

The Japanese guests are staying in the Queen's weekend retreat.

This is the castle:
loo2.jpg

The castle is one of the estates on the Royal Domain Het Loo, which for centuries was (and is) a favourite countryside residence for the Orange-Nassaus.

The castle is close to the grand palace and its amazing park, but is invisible for the public. Today's photoshoot was held in the royal stables. There are many more objects like Princess Margriet's house, the bath pavillion, the greeneries, the animal cemetery, the King's Lodge, etc.
loo1.jpg

Picture from Seegerpress, bucketed via my own webspace.

Last edited:
This session is wonderful !!!!! Thanksss for the photosss

It's almost midnight here in the Philippines - and it's a Friday night (should be out having fun with the girls).... yet I'm here at TRF just to browse over the photo session. :) The pics are delightful. And I especially like the ones of Maxima looking down at Aiko and smiling broadly. Everyone looks great and happy. The little girls look so adorable together.... extremely adorable! :wub:
Thanks, everyone! :flowers:

Last edited:
Prince Naruhito seems to be an incredible man, what he has done for his family and the support he is giving to Masako is enormous, I hope the best for him and his family.

Henri M. said:
The Japanese guests are staying in the Queen's weekend retreat.

Picture from Seegerpress, bucketed via my own webspace.

Thank you, Henri, for the tour:flowers: .

Amazing and Beautiful!

A great retreat indeed...

Regards,
mtbcm:)

P Masako and P Naruhito and their little princess looks so soooooooo happy. the happiest i have ever seen. very glad for them to be away from japan and from all the stress. The dutch royal family is really nice to invite them over. hope the 3 little princess enjoy their time together :)))

Thank you for the pictures everybody! :)

It is interesting to note how exuberant and more outgoing Amalia is than her older Japanese counterpart. Amalia seems to put on a show for the photographers, waving energetically with her very expressive face while Aiko is more reserved and waves shyly.

But great to see everyone together and nice to see Beatrix standing next to the Japanese guests (as opposed to next to her son, Maxima or her grandchildren) during this photo shoot.

Its really nice to see the little Princesses of Japan and Netherlands holding hands together..:)

Ariel said:
Prince Naruhito seems to be an incredible man, what he has done for his family and the support he is giving to Masako is enormous, I hope the best for him and his family.

I agree..and I hope that Princess Aiko would be an heir to the throne..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy to see that Crown Princesses Masako is relax and happy with her family. Go abroad and has a vocation is really nice to her!

I think our little future queen is just hilarious! Such a lively child. Am I the only one who thinks she's taking after Maxima more and more?

It's great to see Naruhito, Masako and Aiko with the Dutch royals. I really do hope that they will have some time to relax in the Netherlands and that someone will get rid of the IHA in the meantime...

Alexandria said:
Thank you for the pictures everybody! :)

It is interesting to note how exuberant and more outgoing Amalia is than her older Japanese counterpart. Amalia seems to put on a show for the photographers, waving energetically with her very expressive face while Aiko is more reserved and waves shyly.

But great to see everyone together and nice to see Beatrix standing next to the Japanese guests (as opposed to next to her son, Maxima or her grandchildren) during this photo shoot.

What impress me is how Amalia has changed, one year ago she seemed very shy to the camera and now she is very open and expressive, like her mother.

The Japanese seem to install the meaning of "Royality" into their young princes and princesses at a very early age. Thus, it must be nice for little Aiko to meet girls who are of the same rank, where she can be child among children.

Seeing Masako smiling here, I wish she could stay forever! :)

I really love Amelia!!! She is such a wonderful little girl, with such a great personality. I love the way she plays up to the camera. She is a delight. I feel sorry for Aiko, she seems too reserved and sad for such a young child.Hopefully some of Amelia excitement will relax the Japanese royal family. I think was a great idea for them to travel during this time and it was really nice of the Queen to invite them. i hope PM gets a chance to relax and enjoy her family time. I think it is wonderful that PN is willing to put his family first and break with some of the traditions of the Japanese Imperial House. Thanks everyone for taking the time to post all the pictures and links.

Maxie said:

I'm impressed by this picture of Queen Beatrix. Even in private (trousers! :ohmy: ) she remains Her Majesty.

That will have to do with her Coiffure de la Princesse Béatrice des Pays-Bas, 'designed' by no one else than maître Alexandre de Paris himself. She was wise to make this remarkable coiffure a part of her 'royal decorum', now for more than 40 years....

Rebafan81 said:
I really love Amelia!!! She is such a wonderful little girl, with such a great personality. I love the way she plays up to the camera. She is a delight. I feel sorry for Aiko, she seems too reserved and sad for such a young child.Hopefully some of Amelia excitement will relax the Japanese royal family. I think was a great idea for them to travel during this time and it was really nice of the Queen to invite them. i hope PM gets a chance to relax and enjoy her family time. I think it is wonderful that PN is willing to put his family first and break with some of the traditions of the Japanese Imperial House. Thanks everyone for taking the time to post all the pictures and links.

My impression of Aiko on pictures is much different from the images I saw on television today. Though she was a bit shy, she started giggling when Amalia was waving (she has a lovely smile). The princess might have been intimidated by all these photographers all at once, I don´t know if they have simular photosessions in Japan, so she might not be used to it. She seemed fascinated by the cameras anyway, like Amlia was before she got ´used´ to them, and seemed to be studying the lenses (in the proces almost ´forgot´ to wave, of which Maxima reminded her).

As others said, Masako seemed so relaxed and was even laughing. I think it is no coinsidence that Queen Beatrix, whose own husband suffered from depressions, invited her. Crownprince Naruhito looked relaxed, was laughing and smiled from ear to ear. We always forget that he has a lot of pressure of him as well, from the IHA and with a wife who is ill & that he tries to support.

HM The Queen seemed radiant as well, I believe that this was the first time she wore trousers during an official engagement, they look lovely on her, as do the shoes. Maxima already wore this outfit during the soccermatch of The Netherlands vs Argentina, it is still a lovely suit IMO.
Aiko has very nice hair and the little bag completes her outfits perfectly :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom