Crash: 7 Victims & Perpetrator Dead, 10 Wounded at Queen's Day 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettina

Aristocracy
City
Almere
Country
Netherlands
something happens. An accident? :ohmy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit Marengo:
Please do NOT post graphic images/clips in this thread. I have not seen anything on Dutch tv yet, so I am shocked that they are showing this in Germany/elsewhere. We will try to remove the links as soon as possible. Please notify us as soon as possible if we graphic images have slipped through!

Last edited by a moderator:
Accident!!Awfull,a man drove his car thriough the crowds and people got severely hurt while the Royal Family drove by.They all witnessed the accident and were in shock.

It was on purpose,no one can drive that distance in an area closed to traffic that long,the *******!!!
Oh my god,oh my god

Last edited:
What's happened? Is it serious?

A car drove through the audience, and crashed with high speed to the 'needle' in front the palace. Some people are severly wounded and maybe dead. The driver is still alive, it seems to be done on purpose.

Horrible!

Oh my god...how devastating :nonono: Hopefully all those injured pull through, and the guy has the book thrown at him. On purpose? WTH?!

OH my GOD, What a horrible news. I hope everybody is save!

Last edited:
This is crazy, i'm in total shock. He just drove through the crowd.The car already looked damaged before he crashed. The royal bus just passed but Maxima saw it happening and reacted very shocked. Just heard that 14 people got hurt but there can be more and it's not sure how bad.

14 severely wounded ,three of them were reanimated.

The parade has been cancelled,the Royal Family is in shock as they watched it happen.
The Family is at Het Loo Palace and it is not clear yet what will happen next,if anything at all.

What a pitty,all those thousands of people that have worked to make this all happen what should be a wonderfull day,and now this.

My heart and thoughts go out to the wounded.

But one thing is for sure,IT WAS ON PURPOSE,no-one could possibly get within that area
as everything was tightly secured,sealed off so to speak due to the parade and the RF.
To awfull for words.

Last edited:
:previous:

That was probably the idiot's intention :angry::angry: All those poor people, who were injured, and those who witnessed the accident - how traumatic it must be for everyone there.

I can`t believe it :ohmy:. How can anybody act in such a cruel way? Poor innocent people. Hope that they all will recover. It`s so shocking.

I agree. I cannot believe that idiot!!

What kind of crazy idiot can someone be.

14 people are injured, 3 of them are reanimated on the street still.

The driver might have intended to hit the royal bus, which was just turning too.

The royals were obviously shocked, several princesses started crying.

The historical parade is cancelled. The NOS just announced that the rest of the festivities will be cancelled.

All festivities for the rest of the day are cancelled.
Too bad for everyone but the only decision to make at this moment.

Everything is cancelled.Understandeble in light of events,but what a god awfull thing to happen.I am just in shock.

My heart and thoughts are with the wounded and their loved ones now.To incredible to comprehend.

HM conveyed her sorrow with the wounded and their loved ones.

There will be a press conference at 15.45PM.

Last edited:
The other parts of Koninginnedag 2009 have been cancelled!

Rightly so, it would be severly insensitive to continue with the rest of the day. I wouldn't think any of the RF would continue anyway. When you say reanimated, do you mean some of the injured were resuscitated?

This article from NOS says that someone is still under the car and that the fire department is trying to get them out. Terrible, just terrible.

Last edited:
we do not know the details yet about the wounded, the driver is in an ambulance I wonder what, why etc. completely awful

Which princesses were close to the accident? And like how close were they? I hope all the wounded are ok now.

this is horrible news. how can someone be so crazy to hurt so many people? i seem to have the idea of queensday being a very popular festivity in holland and every year we get so many pictures of people having fun. it's such a shock that someone would do something like this in an event which is supposed to be something to have fun and enjoy.

i hope we get more news soon and that the people who are hurt are safe. i wish the same for the royal family, it's obviously something that was directed to them.

it's understandable that everything got cancelled.

This article from NOS says that someone is still under the car and that the fire department is trying to get them out. Terrible, just terrible.

Update from the article, it was the driver who needed to be freed from the car. He is now in a serious condition.

There are still 8 injured people at the place of the accident. Including 1 child. A girl of around the age of 7, her legs are most likely broken, they really don't look ok.
The other ones have been taking to the hospital.

i felt so sorry to hear the queensday got cancelled. i hope everyone is safe in the end and that whoever caused it will receive an appropriate sentence.

everyone is still partying in Amsterdam, when the news spreads I hope people have the good grace to stop the festivities here too out of respect for the wounded

They won't, they are all drunk by now and too many people want to make money from the day.

-----

The driver of the car has been taken to hospital.

I just saw the pics on anp and belga. Totally shocking.
It totally ruined this beautiful day.

It could have been such a nice day, but now its a disaster day. Let's hope that the victims will recover soon and that the festivities will be celebrated on another day (f. e. in one month or so).

Somebody probably died! A sheet was put over a body.

-
the royal family is not in the palace anymore, they probably went to castle het oude Loo.

Back
Top Bottom