Crash: 7 Victims & Perpetrator Dead, 10 Wounded at Queen's Day 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
seeing the video made me sad to see her majesty shokted and sad !
oh my god i cant believe that this special day would end like that !
God blessed the queen and her family ! im sorry im not living in netherlands to visite the injuring people .:sad:
my prayers are with all the netherlands poeples in such tragedy.

and my toughts are withe the queen and the royal family !.

I just read about this and it's quite shocking. How are the royal family holding up? Did the driver do this intentionally? Was he aiming for the royal family? It must be quite traumatic for them - I imagine they live rather sheltered lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
My condolences go out to all the people who lost someone beloved today. I wish the very best to those who got hurt. Get well soon! And I feel for the royal family and for all people who had to watch this. It could take a long while to get over this shocking tragedy.

Please be mindful of the distressing and disturbing nature of the images that are appearing on the news sites.
There is no purpose served in reproducing the images of dead or dying people in the Forums.

Could members please show sensitivity and refrain from posting such images.

Everyone's cooperation would be much appreciated.

Empress - Dutch Royal Forum Moderator and TRF Administrator.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so very sorry for the people of the Netherlands. This is very tragic, and my heart goes out to those who were injured and to the families of those who were killed. My thoughts and prayers are with the Dutch people and the royal family at this time.

This is horrible...I´m sorry so much for the Netherland. My condolences to the families.

There is an on-line register of condolance opened especially for this devastatingly tragic day:

http://www.condoleance.nl/register/register_11304.html

Please have some patience as the server is extremely busy due to the tragedy.

thanks for the link lucien, i'm signing the form. that is an extremely quick condolence form. the dutch clearly seem to be very effective.

apparently the criminal has been taken to hospital and is detained but survived.

if the car would have hit the buss could it harm the royal family they sat higher up then the car could it the buss..

the criminal is someone who lost his job at a security agency (which they said on tv is a hard thing to do) and had not found a new job for months, he was going to be evicted this week from his home because he did not pay his rent/mortgage.
We were told in the early afternoon that he did not have mental problems, in other words he was not registered as someone receiving treatment. He must have had mental problems, I can not imagine how he could do something so horrific otherwise.

thanks for the link lucien, i'm signing the form. that is an extremely quick condolence form. the dutch clearly seem to be very effective.

apparently the criminal has been taken to hospital and is detained but survived.

Thank you for the info, Susan Alicia. It is a good thing that he was stopped before he was able to hurt anyone else. My thoughts are with the families of his victims.

My goodness. I cannot believe what has occured today. This holiday is one of my favorites to check out and its been marred by such tragedy. I'm glad the RF family is unharmed but I feel so awful for those who were and even those who lost their lives, and they were just wanting to have a festive day today. I just cannot imagine the mentality of someone who would do this.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of the Netherlands at this difficult time. I cannot fathom why someone would want to inflict so much pain and hurt on innocent people. The pictures of Willem-Alexander, Maxima and Annette brought tears to my eyes. Hopefully he will get the punishment he deserves

It was really shocking when the man crash with the statue but before he killed and hurts lot of people :S, I'm so sorry for the victims and their families, my condolences to them :(

I am always amazed at the lengths sick people will go to to hurt/kill other people. And all for what reason? Nothing that ever makes sense to all the people that are affected by tradgedy.
I was so excited to log on and see all the nice pictures that all of you take the time to share with us on the other side of the world.
And then I was greeted with this!!!!
My heart is very heavy with sadness today for all of you affected by this.

It must be hard to hold his head up for the Netherlands people, but life must go on, if it is hard or not. My thoughts are with you.

Are there any news about the driver?

the criminal is someone who lost his job at a security agency (which they said on tv is a hard thing to do) and had not found a new job for months, he was going to be evicted this week from his home because he did not pay his rent/mortgage.
There was something very similar to this that happened here last week. There was a guy who found out that he was going to loose his job at the end of the week. He went home, got a gun, walked into the hospital, (he worked there) and opened fire in the department that he worked in. He ended up killing 2 people and wounding a lot of others.
I just don't understand this madness. Why make others suffer just becuase you are down on your luck. There is help. There is always help.....:cry: And with the way the economy is now a days, how many more times is this going to happen????? I just don't understand.

This is so terrible I opened daily mail this morning as I usually do and I saw that was the front page. I am utterly at a loss for words I'm so glad it didn't hit any of the royals but my heart goes out to all the family members of those who are injured or dead.

Theres an article on the Hello Magazine Website and the Daily Mail has an article. I wasn't sure whether to post the links or not.
Today has been a tragic one. I my hearts go out to the families of the dead and wondered and for all the people who watched the accident happen, they must have been terrible shocked.

x

It must be hard to hold his head up for the Netherlands people, but life must go on, if it is hard or not. My thoughts are with you.

Are there any news about the driver?

Yes,a 38 year old from a village near Apeldoorn.He admitted he planned the attack on the Royal Family in the
first minutes after the tragedy as he was questioned by police while they tryed to get him out of the car.

Meanwhile he has indergone a operation and his condition apparently is severe according to the latest press
conference a few minutes ago.
He might already be braindead according to sources in the hospital.
Too bad,we all had something entirely different in mind for him.

I saw a child flying through the air because he had hit it.The child is dead.

Last edited:
There will be a service of remembrance at the Grote Kerk in Apeldoorn tomorrow evening for this tragedy.

The same church where Queen Wilhelmina used to attend services and where Prince Maurits and Princess Marilene were married in 1998.

http://www.royaltyguide.nl/images-countries/netherlands/apeldoorn/1880 Wilhelmina-1.JPG

courtesy dear Mardam.

HM The Queen will attend the service.

The minister of the church wishes the service to be held tomorrow,the mayor of Apeldoorn thinks that is too early.
We will see.

Yes,a 38 year old from a village near Apeldoorn.He admitted he planned the attack on the Royal Family in the
first minutes after the tragedy as he was questioned by police while they tryed to get him out of the car.

Meanwhile he has indergone a operation and his condition apparently is severe according to the latest press
conference a few minutes ago.
He might already be braindead according to sources in the hospital.
Too bad,we all had something entirely different in mind for him.

how was he able to answer the police when they took him out if he was braindead?

Gosh i'm still in shock, i heard the man life is in danger too people say his brains stop worked :(

how was he able to answer the police when they took him out if he was braindead?

he wasn't at that time... they operate him and after that they said he's braindead

Back
Top Bottom