State Visit from Belgium to The Netherlands: November 28-30, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
:belgiumstandard::dutchstandard:

TM King Filip and Queen Mathilde will pay a State Visit to The Netherlands in 2016.

Further details will be released in due course.

That will be a match for the dresses but alas not for the jewels !

TM King Filip and Queen Mathilde will pay a State Visit to The Netherlands in 2016.

That is great.

That will be a match for the dresses but alas not for the jewels !

It will be an opportunity for Queen Mathilde to finally wear some of Queen Fabiola's jewelry (the Spanish gift tiara maybe ?), assuming the Belgian Royal Family still owns it (that is unclear).

It is really amazing that the Belgian RF used to be one of the richest in Europe (unfortunately due to unethical profits from King Leopold II's direct rule over the Belgian Congo) and now ended up being so cash-strapped !

Last edited:
It will be an opportunity for Queen Mathilde to finally wear some of Queen Fabiola's jewelry (the Spanish gift tiara maybe ?), assuming the Belgian Royal Family still owns it (that is unclear).

It is really amazing that the Belgian RF used to be one of the richest in Europe (unfortunately due to unethical profits from King Leopold II's direct rule over the Belgian Congo) and now ended up being so cash-strapped !

Not really cash strapped. The immense Donation Royale is still the result of Leopold II's wealth. That trust owns a lot of estates and has given in use to the Belgian royal family the following properties: the Château de Laeken (residence of the King), the Serres Royales (royal glasshouses in the park of Laeken), the Château du Belvédère (residence of King Albert II), the villa Clémentine (residence of Prince Laurent), the Château du Stuyvenberg (residence of the late Queen Fabiola) , the villa Schonenberg (residence of Princess Astrid), the Château de Ciergnon (summer residence in the Ardennes), the Château de Fenffe (another summer residence in the Ardennes), the Château de Villers-sur-Lesse (hunting pavillion in the Ardennes).

Yes, these buildings are not privately owned by the Belgian royal family, but as these are assigned for use by the royal family, according to the conditions of Leopold's gift, these beautiful properties are theirs to use anyway. In other royal families they often have sold all private properties, so in a way I like the Belgian situation.

:flowers:

I think that already the two royal ladies will start sewn to Natan imagine :)

I am afraid it will be a Natan show indeed, because maybe Queen Máxima wants a "Belgian touch" in her garderobe by wearing Natan (from Belgium) and Fabienne Delvigne (from Belgium). Like she wore various outfits from Claes Iversen (Dutch-Danish) when she visited Denmark.

State Visit from Belgium: November 28-30, 2016

Staatsbezoek Koning en Koningin van België

State Visit King and Queen of Belgium
News item | 07-09-2016 | 10:10

At the invitation of His Majesty the King will bring His Majesty the King of the Belgians Filip from Monday 28 to Wednesday, November 30th, 2016 a state visit to the Netherlands. King Philip is accompanied by Her Majesty Queen Mathilde.

The state visit confirms the close and multifaceted neighbor relationship and stressed the historical ties and shared values. Both at international level, at central and local level diplomatic and political relations are intensive. Belgium, after Germany, the main trade partner of the Netherlands. Between the two countries there is a comprehensive cultural and academic cooperation.

RVD, no. 195

I feared the same but I am happy to be proven wrong. Let's hope that more members of the Dutch RF will attend the state dinner in Amsterdam. Constantijn and Laurentien lived in Belgium for a long time so their attendance would be nice.

I feared the same but I am happy to be proven wrong. Let's hope that more members of the Dutch RF will attend the state dinner in Amsterdam. Constantijn and Laurentien lived in Belgium for a long time so their attendance would be nice.

At least seven Members of our RF will be in attendance at the Gala Banquet here on the first day/night,four of them female.....So start guessing if the parure of parures will see the light of day...:whistling:

Last edited:
At least seven Members of our RF will be in attendance at the Gala Banquet here on the first day/night,four of them female.....So start guessing if the parure of parures will see the light of day...:whistling:

Is that confirmed. I will only believe it when i see it that Constantijn and Laurentien will attend the State Banquet. So far they attended only once and then ´Willem-Alexander and Máxima where not present.

Who? At least seven?

The King
Queen Máxima - rose cut diamonds bandeau
Princess Beatrix - Queen Emma's floral motif diadem

Princess Margriet? - laurel wreath diadem
Pieter van Vollenhoven?

Prince Constantijn?
Princess Laurentien? - antique pearl diadem

The Duke of Parma?
The Duchess of Parma? - the diamond ears-of-wheat diadem

Last edited:
I think you will only see 5 of the Dutch RF: the King and Queen, Beatrix, Margriet and husband.

I also wonder what the King and Queen will visit. The High Tech Campus in Eindhoven? The new ultramodern headquarters of the Loodswezen (Maritime Pilots) in Vlissingen regulating the gigantic traffic to the (Dutch) Westerschelde to and from the (Belgian) Port of Antwerp?

I would love it to see the King and Queen staying at the mediaeval castle at the Crown Estate around Palace Het Loo and have a state banquet in one of those glittering salons (picture) (like Queen Elizabeth II in 1986).

Program of the State Visit

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/actue...ezoek-koning-en-koningin-der-belgen-programma

State Visit King and Queen of the Belgians - program
News item | 16-11-2016 | 11:00

At the invitation of His Majesty the King will bring His Majesty the King of the Belgians Filip from Monday 28 to Wednesday, November 30th, 2016 a state visit to the Netherlands. King Philip is accompanied by Her Majesty Queen Mathilde.

Monday, November 28
King Philippe and Queen Mathilde be officially welcomed at the Dam in Amsterdam by King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima. After inspecting the guard of honor found in the Royal Palace a reception area with accompanying persons Dutch and Belgian authorities. After the reception King Philip lays a wreath at the National Monument on Dam Square.
In the presence of both Royal Couples sign Koenders of Foreign Affairs and the Belgian Foreign Minister Reynders at the Royal Palace to the Convention for the adaptation of the border between the Dutch municipalities Eijsden-Margraten and Maastricht and the Belgian town of Visé (Visé) .
King Philip, Queen Mathilde, King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima his afternoons in the Flemish Cultural Centre de Brakke Grond for a cultural program of the three communities. Both Kings then attend Euronext Amsterdam final conclusions at the Belgian-Dutch Innovative Entrepreneurs & Finance Conference . At the same time closing Queen Mathilde and Queen Máxima at a symposium on the approach and cooperation in urbanization. The first day will end with a state banquet at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam.

Tuesday, November 29
The second day of the state visit begins with a visit of King Philip at ESA / ESTEC in Noordwijk. Subsequently, King Philip in the Senate building a conversation with Mrs. Broekers-Knol, Chairman of the Senate of Parliament, Ms Arib, chairman of the House of Representatives, and the Presidents of the European Affairs Committees . Subsequently receives Prime Minister Mark Rutte King Philip. King Willem-Alexander, Queen Maxima and Queen Mathilde join for lunch in the Knights. Topics to be discussed at each table, sustainability, logistics, construction and smart cities, FinTech and investment, food & innovation, start-ups, life science & health .
In the afternoon, attend King Philip and King Willem-Alexander of the conclusions at a CEO roundtable led by VNO-NCW and the Federation of Belgian Enterprises. Besides visiting King Philip the Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organization.
Queen Mathilde and Queen Maxima visit the Cobra Museum in Amstelveen Alechinsky retrospective exhibition . In the evening offer the King and Queen of the Belgians in Music aan 't IJ, a concert including the National Orchestra of Belgium and Ozark Henry.

Wednesday November 30
On the last day of the state visit travels to King Philip High Tech Campus Eindhoven, where Belgian-Dutch seminars take place in the field of digital innovation, sustainability and R & D. King Philip speaks among other young researchers, visiting Holst Centre and lives with Minister Schultz van Haegen a water symposium.
Queen Mathilde and Queen Máxima arrive by train in Utrecht for a tour of the new Central Station and the station area. Then travels Mathilde Queen to High Tech Campus in Eindhoven and Sligro Food Group in Veghel for opening ZiN, a inspiratielab for the foodservice industry.

The state visit ends at Castle Heeze, where Minister Schultz van Haegen official farewell on behalf of the Dutch government takes the King and Queen of the Belgians.

RVD, no. 249

Nice program. Strange that the official farewell ceremony at Heeze Castle is "only" presided by Minister of Infrastructure.

Heeze Castle (picture), close to Eindhoven, is property (and residence of) the Baron and Baroness Samuel van Tuyll van Serooskerken née Jonkvrouw Edmée Röell. Great that the Court uses regional historic residences as a venue for State Visits.

Last edited:
Thanks for the photo above and I was also wondering why Heeze Castle was being used as a venue.

I am beyond excited about this visit! how great. mathilde and maxima encounters are usually amongst the best royal to royal encounters... the friendship between the two queens is undeniable. :)

The Belgians will offer a concert on the 2nd day in a modern music center. The unlikely option of a 2nd tiara event has become even more unlikely.

Last edited:
Since years King Leopold III was Princess Beatrix Godfather.

Since years King Leopold III was Princess Beatrix Godfather.

And in a far far past as children,the Prince Baudouin,Princess Josephine Charlotte and Prince Albert would spend their summers at the sea resort of Noordwijk,just above The Hague and often visited,or were visited by,Queen Wilhelmina and Princess Juliana.:)

In Belgian media there seem to live mixed feelings about the State Visit: "Finally Philippe can go to a kingdom where everything works normal, he can escape his disfunctional family, he can learn from the true people-players WA and Máxima" (Jan van den Berghe in De Standaard).

But yesterday in the program Blauw Bloed the three Belgian guests in the former palace of Willem I in Antwerp classified Máxima as a "pretty duck" and Mathilde as a "gracious swan". Their reasoning was not consistent: "Máxima was never raised to be Queen and at the age of 20 she never knew she would be Queen". Complete bollocks: was Mathilde, living in deep green forests of the Ardennes raised to be Queen? Did she know on the age of 20 she would be Queen?

Then the three experts thought that Amalia should be in public more, like Elisabeth. Again they are not consistent: Elisabeth is years older than Amalia. And in the Netherlands on King's Day we see the princesses live on TV as well for the several photoshoots, sports tournaments, etc. In my assessment there is no difference between Elisabeth and Amalia.

Then the three claimed that Philippe was King of a far more difficult country. That might be true, but again their reasoning was inconsistent: "No matter what Willem-Alexander does, the Dutch will shout Oranje Boven!" Hmm the Dutch King would have wished that was true!

Then they did a bit of Kremlin-watching: the King hugged Felipe and Frederik but did not hug Philippe. Conclusion: the relationship with Spain and Denmark is warmer than with Belgium... Seldom I have seen such fact-free blabla...

Last edited:
King Albert II and Queen Paola went to Official Visit with Airplane (30 minutes)

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde will leave Laeken with a car. Arriving at the Netherdand's Border they will be welwomed by the Dutch Marechaussé and will enter a Dutch Car. Their Belgian car will stay at the Border until their return.

The belgian Press is wondering if King Willem Alexander will show He is the Boss as for the first one day Visit !

Last edited by a moderator:
In Belgian media there seem to live mixed feelings about the State Visit: "Finally Philippe can go to a kingdom where everything works normal, he can escape his disfunctional family, he can learn from the true people-players WA and Máxima" (Jan van den Berghe in De Standaard).

But yesterday in the program Blauw Bloed the three Belgian guests in the former palace of Willem I in Antwerp classified Máxima as a "pretty duck" and Mathilde as a "gracious swan". Their reasoning was not consistent: "Máxima was never raised to be Queen and at the age of 20 she never knew she would be Queen". Complete bollocks: was Mathilde, living in deep green forests of the Ardennes raised to be Queen? Did she know on the age of 20 she would be Queen?

Then the three experts thought that Amalia should be in public more, like Elisabeth. Again they are not consistent: Elisabeth is years older than Amalia. And in the Netherlands on King's Day we see the princesses live on TV as well for the several photoshoots, sports tournaments, etc. In my assessment there is no difference between Elisabeth and Amalia.

Then the three claimed that Philippe was King of a far more difficult country. That might be true, but again their reasoning was inconsistent: "No matter what Willem-Alexander does, the Dutch will shout Oranje Boven!" Hmm the Dutch King would have wished that was true!

Then they did a bit of Kremlin-watching: the King hugged Felipe and Frederik but did not hug Philippe. Conclusion: the relationship with Spain and Denmark is warmer than with Belgium... Seldom I have seen such fact-free blabla...

as to the maxima and Mathilde....

I think they are pointing out the difference I. She and background. Maxima was 28 when she met her husband. And though her dad was in politics, she lived a pretty simple middle class life. On the other hand Mathilde was 23 when she and Philippe began. At that age she years is a big difference. She was alsp raised in the minor aristocracy. She may not have been raised to be a queen, but she wouldn't have been new to these circles. She would have had a better understanding.

You are entitled to your assessment, but i have to say i agree with the experts in this matter: P.Elisabeth is 2 years older and 2 years ago she wrote and performed her first speech on her own at a WWI remembrance gathering. P.Amalia up until now has been very much "one of the 3A princesses" in public, though it ofcourse it is possible that will change from now on..

Back
Top Bottom