Dutch New Year's Receptions (2004-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Busy day at the Royal Palace Amsterdam as TM host the New Years reception for representatives of Dutch society.Tomorrow is the reception for the Corps Diplomatique as well as International Organisations.

TRH Princesses Beatrix and Margriet were also in attendance today,and they will be tomorrow as well.

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1911903

PPE Agency

Last edited by a moderator:
Busy day at the Royal Palace Amsterdam as TM host the New Years reception for representatives of Dutch society.Tomorrow is the reception for the Corps Diplomatique as well as International Organisations.

TRH Princesses Beatrix and Margriet were also in attendance today,and they will be tomorrow as well.

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1911903

PPE Agency

The king looks like he has a new haircut and it suits H.M.

I am not sure if it is a new hair cut or that the hair is simply still wet. Whatever it is, it looks better indeed.

Is this them arriving prior to the event because last year W-A wore a morning suit

Or has it been "downgraded"?

Reception for the Corps Diplomatique and representatives of International Organisations,Royal Palace Amsterdam today.

PPE Agency

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima hosted the first New Year's reception in Amsterdam today, January 16. Princess Beatrix, Princess Margriet and Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven attended as well:

** belga gallery **

Strange that "retired" Margriet & Pieter do attend these receptions but that Constantijn & Laurentien never do. I think the policy is that in less than 5 years the Princess of Orange will attend, so the old generation is bridging to the new generation.

I suppose they have their regular jobs to attend to?

I suppose they have their regular jobs to attend to?

They do not have nine to five jobs and every workplace will understand absences because of their position in the Royal House. Note that all attendants at the New Year's Reception have jobs as well. From a representation of the Netherlands Railways to a representation of the Trade Unions. From a delegation of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines to a delegation of the Netherlands Opera and Ballet. All of them have jobs as well. All are attending the New Years' Reception. The CEO of Netherlands Digital Platform (Constantijn) can not attend?

Strange that "retired" Margriet & Pieter do attend these receptions but that Constantijn & Laurentien never do. I think the policy is that in less than 5 years the Princess of Orange will attend, so the old generation is bridging to the new generation.

Wasn't it a rumor that there is friction between the royal couple and their brother and sister-in-law?

I never heard of it.
There was some friction between the van Vollenhovens and the main line around the time of the abdication -where Beatrix failed to refer to her sister and brother-in-law even once. But this was quickly solved by the king when he did so in his first Christmas message.

In this very early morning I saw His Royal Highness Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands at the desk of the daily program Goedemorgen Nederland to tell about digital start-ups and e-Economy.

I found it weird that the brother of the King did not attend the New Year's Reception but nevertheless was willing to wake up at 5.00 o'clock or so to be on time in the studio for breakfast news.

I really prefer the royals, and certainly the brother of the King, to keep some distance indeed. It tires me to see royals in programs as DWDD, Jinek, Pauw or even the Breakfast News.

I think that today there will be a new years reception in Dam Palace. I was cycling through the center and in the Raadhuisstraat I was passed by various colonnes of expensive blinded cars. Around the palace there were these ugly steel crush barriers. In the back there was a small group of people, among them a royalty reporter. In the front there were more people, mostly tourists I imagine.

The space between the barriers and the palace walls was filled with cars and minivans. In front of the palace there was a party tent, where guests -who were already arriving at 15:00 h. - seemed to be showing their invitation.

No New Year's Receptions this year:

"The traditional New Year's receptions for Dutch guests and for members of the diplomatic corps and international organizations will be canceled this year due to the outbreak of the corona virus. Instead, His Majesty the King and Her Majesty Queen Máxima will receive a small circle of people from various sectors who have contributed to the fight against the corona pandemic or the consequences on Tuesday 12 January 2020. Stakeholders from affected sectors are also present at the reception at Noordeinde Palace."

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/actue...etrokkenen-bij-bestrijding-en-gevolgen-corona

New Year's reception for those involved in the control and consequences of the corona virus at Paleis Noordeinde (12 January) will be canceled, due to the tightened measures:

"In connection with the tightened measures to combat the corona virus, the reception of His Majesty the King and Her Majesty Queen Máxima from those involved in the fight against and consequences of the corona pandemic cannot take place. The reception was scheduled for Tuesday January 12, 2021 at Paleis Noordeinde."

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/actue...ij-bestrijding-en-gevolgen-corona-geannuleerd

Back
Top Bottom