The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

And a long dress & tiara in the morning/ early in the afternoon would be very odd...

Old 01-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Maxima wear the same dress she wore to Floris & Aimee's church wedding.

here's link from RVD : http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=14116

and here are several more from ANP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2246403.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	223416   Click image for larger version

Name:	2246459.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	223417   Click image for larger version

Name:	2246491.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	223418   Click image for larger version

Name:	2246455.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	223419  

Old 01-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adry
I thought this act would be more elegant..with tiara and long gown..:(, Anyway Maxima looks pretty and elegant
if it makes you feel any better Maxima wore a leather jacket to this event lastyear. she's turned the formaly up a few notches this time i think.

from royal press europe
Old 01-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Poor Queen Bea for having to be ill at this event, I hope she will be well soon and can go home, take up her work and be with her family and friends.

Willem-Alexander and Máxima looked great together today, really elegant and worthy representatives in the Queen's absence. Máxima's hair looks good to, as it tends to be a little "wild" sometimes. :) I hope last year's leather jacket is located in some dark corner far inside a big closet somewhere...
Old 01-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Poor Queen Bea for having to be ill at this event, I hope she will be well soon and can go home, take up her work and be with her family and friends.

Willem-Alexander and Máxima looked great together today, really elegant and worthy representatives in the Queen's absence. Máxima's hair looks good to, as it tends to be a little "wild" sometimes. :)
I noticed that. she'd clearly had a professional spend a lot of time on it.
they did do a fantastic job.I loved maxima's outfit and WA looks dashing in his suit. i'm sure the Queen was proud to have them there representing her.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
if it makes you feel any better Maxima wore a leather jacket to this event lastyear. she's turned the formaly up a few notches this time i think.

from royal press europe
Then she changed her clothes (and hair) inside the palace

See picture, royal press europe
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

Maxima's hair looked great! I'm quite relieved that she left the beehive she wore are Floris and Aimee's wedding at home. I think the outfit is very pretty, but the beehive was a bit akward... W-A looked very good too. Maybe it's a suggestion to let him wear a suit all the time? :p
Old 01-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Courtier

Thank you for the photos! Maxima looks just great.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness

Pictures from today without watermarks:) :) from ANP and www.koninklijkhuis.nl
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	d.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	223449   Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	223450   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	223451   Click image for larger version

Name:	e.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	223452  

Name:	nieuwjaarsreceptie-2006-anp-groot.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	223453  
Old 01-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness

Lovely photos -- especially nice without the watermark!
Old 01-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Lovely photos -- especially nice without the watermark!
I'll second that. watermark-free is wonderful.
these pictures have "future king and queen" written all over them.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
these pictures have "future king and queen" written all over them.
Yes, I agree. There is an authority and unselfconscious naturalness about these two that I like. I also see it in Philippe and Mathilde.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Nobility

but I thought you may not post danapress pictures??!! I think they mostly have the best pictures.. again this time with that beautyful picture of maxima.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maxima looks absolutely stunning! Great hair, great dress!!!! And WA doesn't look bad either. Definately right, they look good together.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Courtier

Thanks Pollyemma for the picture of the last year..now I know how she dresses for those occasions:p
Old 01-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

from royalimages

This morning Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima arrived at the Palace Noordeinde in The Hague for the annual New Year’s reception.
Also Prince Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven were there to shake hands with the members of the Corps Diplomatique and important Dutch organisations.
Queen Beatrix is still in the hospital because of the operation on her left knee and a pneumonia.
This year’s reception was held in The Hague because of the restoration of the Royal Palace in Amsterdam.

2 more of Pieter van Vollenhoven
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Guillermo and his wife, princess Maxima, have been this year the ones in charge to preside over the official reception of New Year to the foreign diplomats in Holland. The Queen, that receives traditionally the authorities in these dates to offer by the year that begins, has not been able to attend the event to be entered in the Hospital Haga Rode Kruis. And Queen Beatrix, of 67 years, was the past weekend put under an operation in which a prótesis of metal in the superior and inferior part of the knee was implanted.

An operation that left the orthopedic surgeons, L. Mol and M. Driessen, completely satisfied with the results and that did not prevent that the Queen, according to prince William, to celebrate a very calm entrance in the new year at the hospital boasting her typical sense of humor and of her enormous physical strength. Nobody hoped nevertheless that, in the heat of rehabilitation process and when all counted the days to be given discharge, the postoperating complications when developing the Queen a picture of pulmonía, that was diagnosed her in the Bronovo Hospital, center to where she was transferred to initiate a rehabilitation that is to due at least during next the two months.

Together with other members of the Dutch Royal Family, Princes William and Maxima, very elegant in a beige and black pattern, were the perfect hosts to the diplomatic body and the credited international organizations that they met in the morning. In the evening, they gave the welcome to several outstanding members of all the sectors of the Dutch society. These events were scheduled at Queen Beatrix' agenda so the Crown Princes had to participate, a practice that will prepare them for the work as the Monarchs they will be oneday. Prince William and his wife, besides to confront the absence of the Queen had to change the traditional scene where the celebration takes place. The Real palace of the Dam in Ámsterdam is under works of rehabilitation until 2008, reason why the reception had to be celebrated in the Great Dance Room and in annexed rooms of Noordeinde Palace, the work place of the Queen.

(source of article and photos: Hola.com)

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 01-13-2006, 02:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Maxima did looked nice at this year's Diplomatic Reception but it will always being better if she has been in with a Tiara, but anyone see Princess Margriet?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 01-13-2006, 02:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Maxima did looked nice at this year's Diplomatic Reception but it will always being better if she has been in with a Tiara, but anyone see Princess Margriet?
Princess Margriet was scheduled to attend with her husband but so far there're no picture of her yet.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:26 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The annual new years reception will be on January 9th at Noordeinde palace, The Hague, I hope that we will see a picture of it but I am not to sure.