Dutch New Year's Receptions (2004-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
from http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=14061

Queen's New Year's Reception on 10 January 2006

on behalf of Her Majesty the Queen give HRH the Prince of Orange and HRH Princess Máxima of the the Netherlands Tuesday 10 January the traditional new years receptions for foreign diplomats and Dutch bid.

The Queens is this year absent. They is recovering from a knee operation. The receptions find place north end in connection with renovation in the Royal Palace to Amsterdam in Palace.

Tuesday morning the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima receive the members of the Body Diplomatique and international organizations. Tuesday noon the pair single hundred guests receives from a large number of sectors of the Dutch society. By both receptions its HRH Princess Margriet of the the Netherlands and professor. mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven courts person present.

The renovation in the Royal Palace to Amsterdam last to expectation until mid 2008. This means that the new years receptions anyhow till and with that year take place in the Large Balzaal and adjoining spaces of Palace north end. Because that less space is then in the citizen hall of the palace on the Dam, become for the receptions in the hague tens less men invited then customary by that in Amsterdam.

2 January 2006

Last edited:
purple_platinum said:

on behalf of Her Majesty the Queen give His Royal Excellency the Prince of Orange and Her Royal Excellency Princess Máxima of the the Netherlands Tuesday 10 January the traditional new years receptions for foreign diplomats and Dutch bid.

The Queens is this year absent. They is repairing of a knee operation. The receptions find place north end in connection with renovatiewerkzaamheden in the Royal Palace to Amsterdam in Palace.

Tuesday morning the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima receive the members of the Body Diplomatique and international organizations. Tuesday noon the pair single hundred guests receives from a large number of sectors of the Dutch society. By both receptions its Her Royal Excellency Princess Daisy of the the Netherlands and professor. mr. Pieter of skin courts person present.

The renovatiewerkzaamheden in the Royal Palace to Amsterdam last to expectation until mid 2008. This means that the new years receptions anyhow till and with that year take place in the Large Balzaal and adjoining spaces of Palace north end. Because that less space is then in the citizen hall of the palace on the Dam, become for the receptions in the hague tens less men invited then customary by that in Amsterdam.

2 January 2006

aren't they style as His and Her Royal Highness not Excellency?

bigheadshirmp said:
aren't they style as His and Her Royal Highness not Excellency?
Yes, I think so. In Dutch (at the website of the DRF) it says: Zijne Koninlijke Hoogheid and Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid, which means His Royal Highness and Her Royal Highness. Ofcourse I don't know a thing about styles and how that works, the only thing I know is that they are always referred to as HRH here in Holland...

yes, they're Their Royal Highnesses.
the translation must be mistaken a little bit.
they translated ZKH into Their Royal Excellency, while it should be TRH.

Princess Margriet is tranlated into Princess Daisy, and van Vollenhoven is translated into 'of the skins'.
weird... i'll try to correct it & be more careful next time.

Last edited:
purple_platinum said:
yes, they're Their Royal Highnesses.
the translation must be mistaken a little bit.
they translated ZKH into Their Royal Excellency, while it should be TRH.

Princess Margriet is tranlated into Princess Daisy, and van Vollenhoven is translated into 'of the skins'.
weird... i'll try to correct it & be more careful next time.

Yes, Margriet is actually the Dutch word for daisy, so that can be explained. I heard the same for Queen Margrethe and I never thought of that, though the names are similar and come probably from the same root. But the van Vollenhoven as 'of the skins' I don't understand... what are you using? Babelfish? Those translation scripts can be quite funny... :)

Crown prince Willem Alexander and Princess Maxima arrive at the palace Noordeinde in The Hague, 10 January 2006 for the traditional New Years reception of the Dutch royal family.

Images from seeger

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00153391.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00153391.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 382
  • pre-SEEGER00153386.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00153386.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 354
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 415
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 345
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:

on behalf of Her Majesty the Queen give HRH the Prince of Orange and HRH Princess Máxima of the the Netherlands host the traditional new years receptions for foreign diplomats and Dutch bid.

The Queens is this year absent. She is recovering from a knee operation. The receptions is held at Noordeninde Palace in The Hague, in connection with renovation in the Royal Palace of Amsterdam.

Tuesday morning the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima receive the members of the Diplomatique Corps and international organizations.
HRH Princess Margriet of the the Netherlands and professor. mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven will be present on the reception.

The renovation in the Royal Palace of Amsterdam is expectated to last until mid 2008. This means that the new years receptions anyhow till and with that year take place in the Large Balzaal and adjoining spaces of Noordeinde Palace. Because that less space is then in the citizen hall of the palace on the Dam, become for the receptions in the hague tens less men invited then customary by that in Amsterdam.

2 January 2006

2 more without watermark from dpa

Dutch Crown Prince Willem Alexander and Princess Maxima arrive at the palace Noordeinde in The Hague , Tuesday 10 January 2006 for the traditional new years reception of the Dutch royal family.
The couple represent Queen Beatrix who recovers from a knee operation and pneumonia.

Attachments

• 026201_4.jpg
    026201_4.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 370
  • 045401_4.jpg
    045401_4.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 372
I thought this act would be more elegant..with tiara and long gown..:(, Anyway Maxima looks pretty and elegant

Adry said:
I thought this act would be more elegant..with tiara and long gown..:(, Anyway Maxima looks pretty and elegant

this reception is never that formal. sadly. they do have a tiara dinner for the diplomatic corps in May though.

And a long dress & tiara in the morning/ early in the afternoon would be very odd...

Attachments

• 2246491.jpg
    2246491.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 367
  • 2246455.jpg
    2246455.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 322
  • 2246459.jpg
    2246459.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 378
  • 2246403.jpg
    2246403.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
Adry said:

if it makes you feel any better Maxima wore a leather jacket to this event lastyear. she's turned the formaly up a few notches this time i think.

050111IMG_6520.jpg

from royal press europe

Poor Queen Bea for having to be ill at this event, I hope she will be well soon and can go home, take up her work and be with her family and friends.

Willem-Alexander and Máxima looked great together today, really elegant and worthy representatives in the Queen's absence. Máxima's hair looks good to, as it tends to be a little "wild" sometimes. :) I hope last year's leather jacket is located in some dark corner far inside a big closet somewhere... :D

GrandDuchess said:
Poor Queen Bea for having to be ill at this event, I hope she will be well soon and can go home, take up her work and be with her family and friends.

Willem-Alexander and Máxima looked great together today, really elegant and worthy representatives in the Queen's absence. Máxima's hair looks good to, as it tends to be a little "wild" sometimes. :)

I noticed that. she'd clearly had a professional spend a lot of time on it.
they did do a fantastic job.I loved maxima's outfit and WA looks dashing in his suit. i'm sure the Queen was proud to have them there representing her.

pollyemma said:
if it makes you feel any better Maxima wore a leather jacket to this event lastyear. she's turned the formaly up a few notches this time i think.

050111IMG_6520.jpg

from royal press europe

Then she changed her clothes (and hair) inside the palace;)

See picture, royal press europe

Attachments

• 050111IMG_6558.jpg
    050111IMG_6558.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 686
Maxima's hair looked great! I'm quite relieved that she left the beehive she wore are Floris and Aimee's wedding at home. I think the outfit is very pretty, but the beehive was a bit akward... ;) W-A looked very good too. Maybe it's a suggestion to let him wear a suit all the time? :p

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 418
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 413
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 375
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 385
  • nieuwjaarsreceptie-2006-anp-groot.jpg
    nieuwjaarsreceptie-2006-anp-groot.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
Lovely photos -- especially nice without the watermark!

Emily said:
Lovely photos -- especially nice without the watermark!

I'll second that. watermark-free is wonderful.
these pictures have "future king and queen" written all over them.

pollyemma said:
these pictures have "future king and queen" written all over them.

Yes, I agree. There is an authority and unselfconscious naturalness about these two that I like. I also see it in Philippe and Mathilde.

but I thought you may not post danapress pictures??!! I think they mostly have the best pictures.. again this time with that beautyful picture of maxima.

Maxima looks absolutely stunning! Great hair, great dress!!!! And WA doesn't look bad either. Definately right, they look good together.

Thanks Pollyemma for the picture of the last year..now I know how she dresses for those occasions:p

from royalimages

This morning Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima arrived at the Palace Noordeinde in The Hague for the annual New Year’s reception.
Also Prince Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven were there to shake hands with the members of the Corps Diplomatique and important Dutch organisations.
Queen Beatrix is still in the hospital because of the operation on her left knee and a pneumonia.
This year’s reception was held in The Hague because of the restoration of the Royal Palace in Amsterdam.

2 more of Pieter van Vollenhoven

Attachments

• RI100103.jpg
    RI100103.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 609
  • RI100104.jpg
    RI100104.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 637
Prince Guillermo and his wife, princess Maxima, have been this year the ones in charge to preside over the official reception of New Year to the foreign diplomats in Holland. The Queen, that receives traditionally the authorities in these dates to offer by the year that begins, has not been able to attend the event to be entered in the Hospital Haga Rode Kruis. And Queen Beatrix, of 67 years, was the past weekend put under an operation in which a prótesis of metal in the superior and inferior part of the knee was implanted.

An operation that left the orthopedic surgeons, L. Mol and M. Driessen, completely satisfied with the results and that did not prevent that the Queen, according to prince William, to celebrate a very calm entrance in the new year at the hospital boasting her typical sense of humor and of her enormous physical strength. Nobody hoped nevertheless that, in the heat of rehabilitation process and when all counted the days to be given discharge, the postoperating complications when developing the Queen a picture of pulmonía, that was diagnosed her in the Bronovo Hospital, center to where she was transferred to initiate a rehabilitation that is to due at least during next the two months.

Together with other members of the Dutch Royal Family, Princes William and Maxima, very elegant in a beige and black pattern, were the perfect hosts to the diplomatic body and the credited international organizations that they met in the morning. In the evening, they gave the welcome to several outstanding members of all the sectors of the Dutch society. These events were scheduled at Queen Beatrix' agenda so the Crown Princes had to participate, a practice that will prepare them for the work as the Monarchs they will be oneday. Prince William and his wife, besides to confront the absence of the Queen had to change the traditional scene where the celebration takes place. The Real palace of the Dam in Ámsterdam is under works of rehabilitation until 2008, reason why the reception had to be celebrated in the Great Dance Room and in annexed rooms of Noordeinde Palace, the work place of the Queen.

(source of article and photos: Hola.com)

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Maxima did looked nice at this year's Diplomatic Reception but it will always being better if she has been in with a Tiara, but anyone see Princess Margriet?

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Maxima did looked nice at this year's Diplomatic Reception but it will always being better if she has been in with a Tiara, but anyone see Princess Margriet?

Princess Margriet was scheduled to attend with her husband but so far there're no picture of her yet.

The annual new years reception will be on January 9th at Noordeinde palace, The Hague, I hope that we will see a picture of it but I am not to sure.

Back
Top Bottom