Dutch New Year's Receptions (2004-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxPatrickxx

Nobility
City
Rotterdam
Country
Netherlands
Queen Beatrix, Prince Willem-Alexander and YESSSS, Princess Máxima receive today guest in Palace on the Dam, the guest wishing the Queen, Prince and Princess a Happy New Year and after that, ther will be a reception with drinks e.c.
Today, 13 Januari ther come many people from the Netherland from different sectors to the reception, the Queen Beatrix will be accompany with Prince Willem-Alexander, Princess Máxima, Princess Margriet and Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven.
Tomorrow, 14 Januari is the reception for members of the Corps Diplomatique and International Organisations, Queen Beatrix will be accompany only with her son, Prince Willem-Alexander, not Princess Máxima ore other members of the ducht royalty.

Dutct message from the RVD:

Hare Majesteit de Koningin, Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid de Prins van Oranje en Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima der Nederlanden houden dinsdag 13 januari en woensdag 14 januari de traditionele nieuwjaarsontvangsten in het Koninklijk Paleis Amsterdam.

Dinsdagmiddag ontvangen de Koningin, de Prins van Oranje en Prinses Máxima honderden gasten uit een groot aantal sectoren van de Nederlandse samenleving. Bij deze ontvangst zijn ook Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Margriet der Nederlanden en mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven aanwezig. Woensdagochtend ontvangen de Koningin en de Prins van Oranje leden van het Corps Diplomatique en internationale organisaties.

That's great!! I can't wait to see the photos! I hope they are available soon!

I saw the news and Princess Amalia also attended the reception :flower:

:heart: Oh, that's even better!! how nice of them to bring Amalia along! Please keep us posted!!

"How exciting! An 'official' engagement for Amalia already!"

Yeah! And I can't wait to hear what she has to say...

Thank you so much!!! Great to see her again!

I wonder if they'll have a close-up of the little one..:)
is that what you were able to watch on TV?

Beautyful Princess Máxima :heart:

Attachments

• nieuwjaarsreceptie1.jpg
    nieuwjaarsreceptie1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,141
  • nieuwjaarsreceptie1.jpg
    nieuwjaarsreceptie1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,310
  • nieuwjaarsreceptie2.jpg
    nieuwjaarsreceptie2.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,253
  • nieuwjaarsreceptie2.jpg
    nieuwjaarsreceptie2.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,155
  • nieuwjaarsreceptie3.jpg
    nieuwjaarsreceptie3.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,282
  • nieuwjaarsreceptie3.jpg
    nieuwjaarsreceptie3.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,130
  • nieuwjaarsreceptie4.jpg
    nieuwjaarsreceptie4.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,138
  • nieuwjaarsreceptie4.jpg
    nieuwjaarsreceptie4.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,162
Last edited by a moderator:
1,2.Queen Beatrix

3,4.Maxima leaving the palace

Attachments

• nieuwjaarsreceptie5.jpg
    nieuwjaarsreceptie5.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 1,234
  • nieuwjaarsreceptie5.jpg
    nieuwjaarsreceptie5.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 1,139
  • nieuwjaarsreceptie6.jpg
    nieuwjaarsreceptie6.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,126
  • nieuwjaarsreceptie6.jpg
    nieuwjaarsreceptie6.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,213
Terrific pictures everybody! ... I forgot how what a great smile Maxima has. It was sorely missed I realize now after seeing these pictures!

Maybe it's just my monitor settings at work, but the pictures of Queen Beatrix as seen from my computer make her hair look extra orange rather than the blonde-brown she has when I see her pictures at home.

Were other members of the Dutch royal family in attendance? The Queen's other sons and their wife and fiancee, Princess Margriet and Pieter and any of their family?

only the queen, the prince of orange, princess maxima, princess margriet and mr. pieter van vollenhoven. remember that the other royals just have jobs like everybody else, so a limited number of days off.

btw, did anybody notice the nanny??? maxima thought...lets take the eldest one, I do not want competition in my house :p

Photos from IBL

Attachments

• willem.jpg
    willem.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,244
  • beatrix.jpg
    beatrix.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,227
  • willem.jpg
    willem.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,200
  • margriet_1.jpg
    margriet_1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,171
  • margriet_2.jpg
    margriet_2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,161
im happy see Princess Maxima bring baby to new year reception but she not carry baby but her nanny did job for her baby that great idea!

Sara Boyce

New Years Reception - first pics
pre-SEEGER00131988.jpg

[font=verdana, arial]http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00131987.jpg[/font]
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00131986.jpg

More pics of today

Attachments

• 2275855.jpg
    2275855.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 438
  • 2275857.jpg
    2275857.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 488
  • 2275860.jpg
    2275860.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 445
  • 2275863.jpg
    2275863.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 465
  • 2275869.jpg
    2275869.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 456
Thanks everyone for the photos. I don't want to be mean, but I was a little disappointed with the blue dress/skirt that Maxima wore for the New Year's reception. I just don't think the colour suits her very well, but that's just my opinion. I really loved what she wore in the post by xxPatrickxx though. That really suits her and she looks nice. :)

Danielle said:
Thanks everyone for the photos. I don't want to be mean, but I was a little disappointed with the blue dress/skirt that Maxima wore for the New Year's reception. I just don't think the colour suits her very well, but that's just my opinion. I really loved what she wore in the post by xxPatrickxx though. That really suits her and she looks nice. :)
Honestly, I usually don't like her clothing at all--and yet I still think her lovely. She's vivacious and effervesant, regardless of her sometimes peculiar clothing choices (the detective outfit at the funeral coming quickly to mind, as well as what was it, a sunflower hat?) Her personality allows her to carry the day, nevertheless.

lucys said:
Honestly, I usually don't like her clothing at all--and yet I still think her lovely. She's vivacious and effervesant, regardless of her sometimes peculiar clothing choices (the detective outfit at the funeral coming quickly to mind, as well as what was it, a sunflower hat?) Her personality allows her to carry the day, nevertheless.
I agree. Very well said. :)

Danielle said:
I agree. Very well said. :)
yes she radiates with happiness witch is the first that catches the eye.

re the outfit, I think leather jackets look best
on the slender and being prengnant she is a bit chubby and
when you are not older than 30.

2 pics from the New Year reception

Attachments

• 2005, 11 jan.jpg
    2005, 11 jan.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 375
  • 2005, 11 jana.jpg
    2005, 11 jana.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 449
new pics from the new year's party..surprise with a different haircoupe!!

Attachments

• 2005,11jana.jpg
    2005,11jana.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 765
  • 2005,11jan.jpg
    2005,11jan.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 721
  • 2005,11janb.jpg
    2005,11janb.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 395
  • 2005,11janc.jpg
    2005,11janc.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 440
Maxima looks great, except for the hair. I like the hair back. It makes her look more sophiscated and sleek. Everyone is not a size 2, and Maxima's size she not be an issue.

I like the outfit. The blue/brown combination is nice, as is the necklace.

My problem is that she seems to be wearing almost no makeup and looks washed out, puffy and tired. Maybe symptoms of her pregnancy? Though that still doesn't excuse not being able to put on a little lipstick and blush!

I think one of the reasons of that is that her hear a little bit wild is on the photo's. The moment she goes back to home her hair looks good en her look is completely different!

She looks happy but very messy. She can do better than that, a (tiring)pregnancy is no excuse to wear no make-up or to wear your hair like that.

I noticed again how easily she puts on weight. It happens often during pregnancies of course, I was glad I got spared from extra training after my children were born ;)

Willem-Alexander looked very happy too :)

I think also that someone has done the hair and make-up in the palace. On the television she looks great with her hair up. :rolleyes:

still 1 picture from the New Years Reception...it's a nice picture.

Attachments

• 11jan.jpg
    11jan.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 895
This thread has now been cleaned up. Unfortunately a lot of posts were removed in the process because of broken links. I hope we can update this thread -- especially since it was Amalila's first "official" engagement!

Back
Top Bottom