Dutch New Year's Receptions (2004-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I very wait january 9, maybe then we can see new big family photos

Marengo said:
The annual new years reception will be on January 9th at Noordeinde palace, The Hague, I hope that we will see a picture of it but I am not to sure.

Thanks for the info:flowers: .. but is that official? Because theres nothing about the reception on the Dutch Royal House Website:)

Princess Maxima said:
Thanks for the info:flowers: .. but is that official? Because theres nothing about the reception on the Dutch Royal House Website:)

It's official,

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=17259

Present will be: HM The Queen, HRH The Prince of Orange, HRH Princess Máxima, HRH Princess Margriet and prof.mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven.

Last edited:
when is the reception?I hope Maxima looks great as usuall, especially being pregnant and in an evening gown.

dazzling said:
when is the reception?I hope Maxima looks great as usuall, especially being pregnant and in an evening gown.

January 9th

I'm not sure if there'll be galadresses...
Didn't Máxima attend with a green coat and hat last year?

Her_Majesty said:
I'm not sure if there'll be galadresses...
Didn't Máxima attend with a green coat and hat last year?

Yes, she wore the green coat she had also wore before on Floris&Aimée's wedding.. but no hat:)

The New Year's reception is not going to be in gala/evening gowns. It never was and it's during day time, so not a really glamourous business... :flowers:

the pictures are beautfil of Maxima, she is looking really good. love this picture . i like the print on her jacket/coat.

dazzling said:
the pictures are beautfil of Maxima, she is looking really good. love this picture . i like the print on her jacket/coat.

I agree. She looked wonderful today.

dazzling said:

Through this picture you can really see Alexia in her mother especially around the eyes. Hopefully we will get a family picture so that we can compare :flowers:

maxima look great and happy! may be this time she will have a boy, she look different to her pregnancy with the girls

Hard to believe Margriet will be married for 40 years, she looks absolutely great.
- Nice to see that Maxima can have a decent hairdo if she tries, now she has to try it more often ;)

I love Maxima's coat. I think it's Kashmiri (north of India) - if it is, it's probably wool, with wool embroidery.

I love the coat too. Maximas hair look good too.

Maxima did look lovely. I so wish they would take a new family photo. There has been two new arrivals since last years and Alexia and Claus-Casimir have changed sooo much

Maxima looked just so beautiful! :)
It's sad we didn't see her complete outfit (also Beatrix')...

i wished there would be more pictures to the event, its a pitty. cant believe ppe-agency didnt post any. anyways thank you all for posting

Seen as a private matter

dazzling said:
i wished there would be more pictures to the event, its a pitty. cant believe ppe-agency didnt post any. anyways thank you all for posting

For some reasons the New Year's Reception, the audiences and the annual Banquet for the Corps Diplomatique are seen as a private matter. You would think that these should be public but formally all Dutch ambassadors represent the Queen of the Netherlands and all foreign ambassadors are envoys to Her Majesty.

Maybe the Queen takes this litterally? Until 1983 it was The King who had the supreme authority in foreign affairs and defence. With the modernization of the Constitution in 1983 this was adapted to the daily reality. Since 1983 'the Government' (= The King and the Ministers) has the supreme authority in foreign affairs and defence.

But traditions have loooong roots and the modernization of the Constitution did not change the King's position. Maybe that is why the Queen still sees ambassadors as personal envoys to her.

One of the very rare pictures from inside the palace, during a reception for an ambassador is this one.

The (bad quality) picture shows:
HM The Queen
HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
Pieter van Vollenhoven
in the Councillors' Chamber of the Royal Palace Amsterdam, January 8th 1992.

The paintings show old family of the Queen and Princess Margriet: Ernst-Casimir Count of Nassau-Dietz, Stadtholder of Friesland and Groningen (1573-1632) and his wife Sophia-Hedwig Countess of Nassau-Dietz born Duchess of Braunschweig-Wolffenbüttel (1592-1642). The Nassau-Dietz branch is the most direct bloodline to the present royal family.

Behind the Queen you see the then minister of Foreign Affairs, Hans van den Broek (the father of Princess Marilène, a daughter-in-law to Princess Margriet). In the door-opening you see Gilbert Monod de Froideville, Master of the Ceremonies.

Last edited:
Dutch New Year Receptions; January 6th & 7th, 2009

HM will host the annual New Years receptions next week,one for the Corps Diplomatique,one for the representatives of dutch & antillean society.TRH The Prince of Orange,Princess Máxima,Princess Margriet and Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven will be in attendance.Don't expect much photos tho,it is usually an event that goes by almost unnoticed photo-wise.

When is the Diplomatic Reception celebrating New Year going to be held, anyone knows?

When is the Diplomatic Reception celebrating New Year going to be held, anyone knows?

Yes.
As usual there are two receptions,one for the Corps Diplomatique,one for the representatives of dutch society.

HM will host the new year receptions on tuesday and wednesday january 6th and 7th.
Tuesday for the representatives of dutch society,on wednesday for the Corps Diplomatique.

TRH The Prince of Orange,Princess Máxima and Princess Margriet as well as Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven
will be in attendance.

Noordeinde Palace,The Hague.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=28019

Last edited:
2009-1-7.The New Years reception for the Corps Diplomatique and International Organizations at Palace Noordeinde in The Hague.
Photos From :PPE Agency

Back
Top Bottom