Abdication of Queen Beatrix & Inauguration of Willem-Alexander: Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Carriage ride! How very disappointing. So they will be in a Car where hardly anyone can see them. :sad:

No, it gets worse: in a bus!

It will be once-in-a-lifetime event for many so surely they could have arranged something more sightly than a bus ride? :ermm:
I understand a bus is practical but a coronation (or inauguration) is something special so I can't deny I am really disappointed.

It will be once-in-a-lifetime event for many so surely they could have arranged something more sightly than a bus ride? :ermm:
I understand a bus is practical but a coronation (or inauguration) is something special so I can't deny I am really disappointed.
It is really disappointing and the boat they will use is also an ordinary boat

A carriage would be much more environmentally friendly. :whistling:

I find hard to picture the new King with ermine mantle on a bus. It look look like a fancy dress party. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
They will only use the bus to drive from the palace to Amsterdam Noord for the boat ride. It is not for a tour around the city.

They won't need a carriage to get from the palace to the church since the buildings are next to each other. The royal party will walk under fish nets, to honor the fisher men of Scheveningen who helped king Willem I upon his return to The Netherlands.

Still I would expect them to use Carriages for this a special occasion. I suppose it won't look as bad as it sounds on the actual day. I am sure it will still be a grand occasion. :flowers:

Still I would expect them to use Carriages for this a special occasion. I suppose it won't look as bad as it sounds on the actual day. I am sure it will still be a grand occasion. :flowers:

A sort of "It will be allright on the night" effect,oh,wait and see.

And we've seen the Royal Bus numerous times allready so it's not that odd a vehicle to use,and both in 1998,HM 60 birthday,and in 2002,guests were driven to and fro different events by busses from "Beuk" too....Oh well,as long as they all get to the church on time.We surely will see the guests leaving the Palace on their way to the gala dinner at the Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ...

The Palace and Church are right next door to each other so I wouldn't expect them to use a carraige,they will walk to the Church from the Palace.

The Palace and Church are right next door to each other so I wouldn't expect them to use a carraige,they will walk to the Church from the Palace.
But they could make a carriage tour after the Inauguration. At the Wedding in 2002 they have done it like this. And there the same locations where used.

But they could make a carriage tour after the Inauguration. At the Wedding in 2002 they have done it like this. And there the same locations where used.

There won't be a carriage tour,but a tour on the IJ river..

The National Committee for the Investiture released the logo for all events in relation to april 30th and the change on the Throne,a simple orange bow.

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1443923

courtesy Nationaal Comitée Inhuldiging

Yes they will walk, but not a normal walk. If they follow the earlier protocols, there wil be a roof from the Royal palace to the church from fishnets. Then there will be a solemnly royal procession that walked under the fishnet roof from palace to the church. In the procession will walk the king with on his shoulders the Royal mantle that also is held by the chamberlains of the king. Also the queen is walking in this procession with of course a nice robe and maybe a big thiara. The procession wil start in the front with the standard bearers.I think it will be nice to see this, because compared to the UK we do not often have these solemn processions.

Yes they will walk, but not a normal walk. If they follow the earlier protocols, there wil be a roof from the Royal palace to the church from fishnets. Then there will be a solemnly royal procession that walked under the fishnet roof from palace to the church. In the procession will walk the king with on his shoulders the Royal mantle that also is held by the chamberlains of the king. Also the queen is walking in this procession with of course a nice robe and maybe a big thiara. The procession wil start in the front with the standard bearers.I think it will be nice to see this, because compared to the UK we do not often have these solemn processions.

I'm hoping this ceremony will follow the 1980 Investiture of Queen Beatrix as that was a very beautiful ceremony.

Don't forget the royal bus ride. That should be very impressive, LOL.

Oh but we're used to the use of the Royal bus.

Anyway,at the Amsterdam Stock Exchange an exhibition opened on HM Queen Beatrix,1980 - 2013,A Reign of 33 Years,A Life of 75 Years with 145 pics by Dutch Press-Photo agency ANP:

http://www.anpfoto.nl/event.pp?eventid=1443577&flush=1

I'm hoping this ceremony will follow the 1980 Investiture of Queen Beatrix as that was a very beautiful ceremony.

It will An,it's very much the same Investiture ceremony,all of it.:flowers:

And then there's the King's Games on april 26th as 1.6 million kids will participate in a day starting off with a healthy breakfast and then sports all day.All schools can have their own ideas and plans on how the Games should be on their school but the school with the best,cutest,nicest program will be "awarded" with a visit of King Willem Alexander and Queen Máxima.

http://www.koningsspelen.nl/lang_en/index.html

Koningsspelen 2013

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh but we're used to the use of the Royal bus.

I know you are but it does make a bus trip does look like a package holiday for senior citizens from a local church group.
At least at the 2002 wedding while many guests arrived by bus the royal family arrived by limousine. Couldn't they trot out the old Daimler for WA and Maxima? That wouldnt offend Dutch Calvinist sensibilities would it?

Ahead for the Prince of Orange to ascend the Throne he requested to be discharged of his active military rangs in the Royal Navy,Army & Airforce as Commander in the Royal Navy and subsequent rangs in the other forces.The request was granted and the Prince has been discharged with all honours by the Ministry of Defence as was announced by the RVD this morning.The Prince already stated that he will maintain the Military duties,honours and ceremonial worthy of the position of a King.

And then there's the King's Games on april 26th as 1.6 million kids will participate in a day starting off with a healthy breakfast and then sports all day.All schools can have their own ideas and plans on how the Games should be on their school but the school with the best,cutest,nicest program will be "awarded" with a visit of King Willem Alexander and Queen Máxima.

http://www.koningsspelen.nl/lang_en/index.html

Koningsspelen 2013

Now this is a fun idea. :-D

And then there's this...when tacky and commemorative go hand in hand...

Breakfast with the RF?Here you go...Coffee with the Queen?No problem...

PPE Agency

Ha,are a lot of stores in the Netherlands stocking the commemorative plates/mugs ect?

I wonder what sort of special preparations Alex and Maxima are going through for the big day, or is it more a case of you already know what you have to know so just show up, take the oath and carry on?

What I'm really curious about is the preparation of Maxima's wardrobe for the day, I wished they released information about that. I guess we will only know on the big day

I wonder if any of the Oranges have ever been tempted to try the crown on for size. I know it is never placed on the monarchs head during the ceremony, but since it does belong to a family foundation and not the state and it is kept in the palace I know I would do it in their position.

:previous:
Like the forbidden fruit you know you shouldn't but you can't resist for just a try. :lol:

:previous:
Like the forbidden fruit you know you shouldn't but you can't resist for just a try. :lol:

Definitely. I would lock the door, close the curtains, put the crown on my head, pick up the orb and sceptre and plunk myself down on the throne just to see how it all felt.:lol: Sometimes it is great to be King.

What I'm really curious about is the preparation of Maxima's wardrobe for the day, I wished they released information about that. I guess we will only know on the big day

Yes...only on the day!....:)

On the eve of april 28th TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima will be on national tv in an exclusive interview that will be aired simultaniously on Ned1 and RTL4...

It is just not yet sure whom the interviewers will be.....grin..

Apparently RTL and NOS want two interviewers (one from each channel I guess), but the RVD prefers one 'outsider'.

Edit: they will be interviewed by Rick Nieman and Marielle Tweebeeke. Nice that a new generation of interviewers is asked instead of the eternal Paul Witteman. However the way Nieman and the prince of Orange both pronounce the letter 'r' may get very irritating during a long interview. I wonder why speech therapists are never asked to correct children who speak with such a deficiancy. Sadly princess Catharina-Amalia has the same problem - as have most people in field hockey clubs & in certain areas of the country (Wassenaar/Gooi/(Oud)-Zuid & Heestede-Aerdenhout/Bloemendaal).

-----------

The monogram of the festivities:
http://www.dichtbij.nl//amsterdam-n...s.in&utm_medium=website&utm_content=amsterdam

---

And more news: DJ Armin van Buren and the royal concert building orchestra will perform during the boat ride of the new king. André Rieu and orchestra will perform at the 'king's ball on Museum square...which willnot be attended by the king.

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/4024.../13/Andre-Rieu-treedt-op-bij-koningsbal.dhtml

---

And more news:
inhabitants of houses next to the New Church may possibly be forced to leave their house during the festivities. Terraces on the Damrak and Dam square will be closed:
http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/3367497...s.in&utm_medium=website&utm_content=amsterdam

The city received 220 requests for a licences for small events and 10 requests for large dance events. Only 7 dance events received a license, among them the radio 538 party on Java eiland:

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/3366825/groen-licht-7-dancefeesten-30-april.html

Last edited:
Apparently RTL and NOS want two interviewers (one from each channel I guess), but the RVD prefers one 'outsider'.

Edit: they will be interviewed by Rick Nieman and Marielle Tweebeeke. Nice that a new generation of interviewers is asked instead of the eternal Paul Witteman. However the way Nieman and the prince of Orange both pronounce the letter 'r' may get very irritating during a long interview. I wonder why speech therapists are never asked to correct children who speak with such a deficiancy. Sadly princess Catharina-Amalia has the same problem - as have most people in field hockey clubs & in certain areas of the country (Wassenaar/Gooi/(Oud)-Zuid & Heestede-Aerdenhout/Bloemendaal).

-----------

/QUOTE]

LOL I hear it while reading this..LOL...awfull...Guess we have to get used to that...grin

All secundary schools to participate in the Kings Games on april 26th,can apply for entry as of today and will receive a bunch of stuff...de kings box...grin...with which they can decorate their schools if they sign in.

Have we had an update on what Royals are attending or will that be released closer to the date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom