Abdication of Queen Beatrix & Inauguration of Willem-Alexander: Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the current time in Amsterdam? I am in the eastern US time zone.

Isn't it a CORONATION and not an inauguration? Inaugurations remind me of presidents and principals (of schools) or am I just missing something?

It is an inauguaration. No one is actually getting crowned.

Today is the day of days,HM Queen Beatrix will Abdicate,The Prince of Orange will be Inaugurated as King Willem-Alexander.

In honour of Both,Their House,and all of us here,here's the most beautifull rendition of the Dutch National Anthem,the "Wilhelmus" by the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra.

RCO 125 - Wilhelmus - YouTube

Amsterdam during this past night,many partying what's called "Queensnight" while others secured their spots by sleeping there to be on the front row to view the scene on the balcony at 10.30AM local time,and the cortege to and fro the Nieuwe kerk this afternoon:

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1520269

And the first folks arrive in the city for the celebrations,early birds..:

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1520270

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

:dutchflag::dutchstandard::dutchflag::dutchstandard::dutchflag::dutchstandard::dutchflag::dutchstandard::dutchflag::dutchstandard::dutchflag::dutchstandard::dutchflag::dutchstandard:

Good Morning Lucien! Good Morning the Netherlands! Good Morning everyone! I think the sun is shining over the Netherlands today - at least as far as I can see, living on the east coast of England facing our regal neighbour across the sea! There is nothing quite like listening to a National Anthem first thing in the morning! What an exciting day it is going to be!

:crown::orb::sceptre::crown::orb::sceptre::crown::orb::sceptre::crown::orb::sceptre::crown::orb::sceptre:

What is the time in Neverland now ?

It is 08.15AM right now...Less then two hours till...:)

:previous:

:dutchflag::dutchstandard::dutchflag::dutchstandard::dutchflag::dutchstandard::dutchflag::dutchstandard::dutchflag::dutchstandard::dutchflag::dutchstandard::dutchflag::dutchstandard:

Good Morning Lucien! Good Morning the Netherlands! Good Morning everyone! I think the sun is shining over the Netherlands today - at least as far as I can see, living on the east coast of England facing our regal neighbour across the sea! There is nothing quite like listening to a National Anthem first thing in the morning! What an exciting day it is going to be!

:crown::orb::sceptre::crown::orb::sceptre::crown::orb::sceptre::crown::orb::sceptre::crown::orb::sceptre:

:dutchstandard:

Good morning from sunny and festive,joyfull and happy Amsterdam to all of you around the Globe!:flowers:

Btw An & Marengo,HM Queen Beatrix,TRH The Prince of Orange,Princess Máxima their girls,Constantijn & Laurentien and Princess Mabel stayed the night at the Royal Palace...And Princess Mabel was seen..very quickly..taking a pic of the people at the Dam Square early this morning...grin...after the door to the balcony was opened for a sec...:D

The city sees a huge influx of visitors already and many more are expected to come!!

Well,let the day commence an may it be as fantastic as it promises to be!!

I just put the link here too for the best view on-line:

http://www.youtube.com/noskoningshuis/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom