Abdication of Queen Beatrix & Inauguration of Willem-Alexander: Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope there will be lots of links available for the dinner Monday evening in the (new) Rijksmuseum. A mouth-watering event. I wonder whether it will be in the Nightwatch Gallery... that would be amazing.

Hope there will be lots of links available for the dinner Monday evening in the (new) Rijksmuseum. A mouth-watering event. I wonder whether it will be in the Nightwatch Gallery... that would be amazing.

I can´t think we will see much of this event. Just guests arriving and leaving and maybe the RVD will release 2 photos and that will probably be it. But a photo of the royal dinner table near all the Rembrandts would be nice indeed.

I can´t think we will see much of this event. Just guests arriving and leaving and maybe the RVD will release 2 photos and that will probably be it. But a photo of the royal dinner table near all the Rembrandts would be nice indeed.

In the Honour Gallery,no doubt,adorned as it is by all the top pieces,and with the Nightwatch "presiding" over the tables,THE venue if any in the Rijksmuseum.

Wow we will see pictures tomorow? I'm getting so excited already...

But they could release the full guestlist already, why is taking so long?

They always keep the guestlist under embargo untill the day before or the day itself due to security reasons .:)

They always keep the guestlist under embargo untill the day before or the day itself due to security reasons .:)

But it is already known from most of the Royals and Heads of State, who will attend. And I do NOT think, that President Obama is coming, right?
BYe Bine

But it is already known from most of the Royals and Heads of State, who will attend. And I do NOT think, that President Obama is coming, right?
BYe Bine

Still,it is as it is and they won't change because of a bunch on a forum who want to know everything at any given time...Look at the guestlist I already posted,except for the Governor-General of Canada and the Vice-president of Argentina it is ..almost...complete.And there are no other Heads of State except for His Majesty himself.:)

Did they start the rehearsals in the morning? I'm sure that WA and Maxima are very nervous already, I wonder if we'll see pictures of them today.

Ugh, this will be the best Royal event this year :heart: :cool:

No doubt,in every aspect,it will be overwhelming in the most positive sense!

It's a beautifull sunny day here and it was really crowded in the city,especially at the Dam Square where last arrangements for the
pergola were made,and I was just overwhelmed by the flower arrangements in the church of which I was priveliged to have a view.
Plus all other flower and plants arrangements,including beautifull orange trees....All in all too beautifull,really..Breathtakingly beautifull!:flowers:

Meanwhile ANP made some pics of the day too:

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1518615

Courtesy ANP

Here's the weather forecast for the next two days:
April 29th, Monday: Rainy till noon afterwards it clears up, up to 12°C (53°F)
April 30th, Tuesday (aka THE BIG DAY): apparently even Petrus joins the celebrations: it's sunny and clear, up to 13-14°C (55°F) :sun:
:crown4:
:dutchflag:
:dutchstandard:

(Is it obvious that I am all too excited for this inauguration? It is my first "live" enthronement/coronation/inauguration :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:
Absolutely stunned to read an article this morning on W-A's upcoming inauguration in the Los Angeles Times. :) Most American newspapers would only cover British RF events.

The guest list is finally out:

Royal Family

• The Queen / Princess Beatrix
  • The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima / the King and Queen
  • Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess Alexia and Princess Ariane
  • Princess Mabel
  • Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien
  • Princess Irene
  • Princess Margriet and Professor Pieter van Vollenhoven
  • Princess Christina
  • Prince Carlos and Princess Annemarie
  • Princess Margarita and Mr Tjalling ten Cate
  • Prince Jaime
  • Princess Carolina and Mr Albert Brenninkmeijer
  • Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène
  • Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette
  • Prince Pieter Christiaan and Princess Anita
  • Prince Floris and Princess Aimée
  • Mr Bernardo Guillermo
  • Mr Nicolás Guillermo
  • Ms Juliana Guillermo
Royal Delegations

• Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde of Belgium
  • Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad al Khalifa of Bahrain
  • Crown Prince Billah and Princess Sarah of Brunei
  • Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
  • Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako of Japan
  • Prince El Hassan bin Talal and Princess Sarvath El Hassan of Jordan
  • Hereditary Prince Alois and Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein
  • Grand Duke Guillaume and Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg
  • Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco
  • Prince Albert II of Monaco
  • Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princees Mette-Marit of Norway
  • Haitham bin Tareq al Said (Oman)
  • Sheikha Moza bint Nasser al-Misned (Qatar)
  • The Prince and Princess of Asturias (Spain)
  • Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn (Thailand)
  • Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn (Thailand)
  • The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (United Kingdom)
  • Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed al Nahyan (United Arab Emirates)
  • Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden
Special Delegations

• Mr Amado Boudou, Vice-President of Argentina, and Senator Beatriz Rojkes de Alperovich, Provisional President of the Senate
  • Mr David Johnston, Governor-General of Canada, and Mrs Sharon Johnston
  • Professor Rita Süssmuth, former President of the Bundestag, and Professor Hans Süssmuth (Germany)
  • Deputy Prime Minister Ali Babacan and Mrs Zeynep Babacan of Turkey
  • Mr Suh Sang-Kee, Chairman of the Intelligence Committee of the National Assembly (Republic of Korea)
  • Mr José Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission, and Mrs Margarida Barroso
  • Mr Martin Schulz, President of the European Parliament
  • Mr Herman Van Rompuy, President of the European Council, and Mrs Geertrui Van Rompuy
  • Count Jacques Rogge, President of the International Olympic Committee, and Countess Anne Rogge-Bovyn
  • Mr Kofi A. Annan, former Secretary-General of the United Nations, and Mrs Nane Annan
  • Mrs Helen Clark, UNDP Administrator
News - Het Koninklijk Huis

:previous::previous::previous::previous::previous:

If it's like today it will all the more of a fairytale!

Sheika Mozah is a nice and welcome surprise!

Turns out...my list was correct Marengo...grin..
And on Albert coming,he;s a Sovereign Prince,not a Monarch
and he's always the odd one anyway,still,as a Head of State,the only one,he's also the highest in rank......grin...

Meanwhile journalists from all over the globe flock into Amsterdam as 1100 are accredited for the ceremonies and work from their base in the Amsterdam Stock Exchange,the same hall in which Willem-Alexander and Máxima married on 02.02.02..

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1518625

And the glass house on the Dam next to the Palace,the LIVE studio of Dutch NOS TV on tuesday:

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1518626

courtesy ANP

Last edited:
Still trying to get used to the new title for C-A. She seems so young to have it but she's not the only crown princess who is still in elementary school.:)

They have made Guillaume and Stephanie the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess...

Still trying to get used to the new title for C-A. She seems so young to have it but she's not the only crown princess who is still in elementary school.:)

But as of tuesday she will be the worlds youngest Crown Princess...:flowers:

They should do a group photo with all the heirs, and I hope CA sits next to Charles :D

I would assume that if they did a group photograph the heirs would be arranged in accordance to precedence - which takes account of when they became heir (or when the monarch that their heir to became monarch, I'm not sure exactly). Either way, there would be several people between CA and Charles.

They should do a group photo with all the heirs, and I hope CA sits next to Charles :D

Oh Yes!!You, mem sahib...are mean...LOL!..Poor guy!

For our Dutch posters & viewers...Don't forget tonight at 20.23PM Ned1..." Beatrix,portrait of a Queen" :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the weather forecast for the next two days:
April 29th, Monday: Rainy till noon afterwards it clears up, up to 12°C (53°F)
April 30th, Tuesday (aka THE BIG DAY): apparently even Petrus joins the celebrations: it's sunny and clear, up to 13-14°C (55°F) :sun:
:crown4:
:dutchflag:
:dutchstandard:

(Is it obvious that I am all too excited for this inauguration? It is my first "live" enthronement/coronation/inauguration :ROFLMAO:)

About the same as here,not too bad but could be better ;)

I'm also really looking forward and it will be my first also!

I miss the daughter-in-law of Princess Christina.....:cool:
Eva Prince Valdez or so was her name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom