Abdication of Beatrix & Inauguration of WA: Royals Arriving, Sightseeing and Leaving

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love that photo. It looks like the parents have made sure the girls have some fun!

Isn't it a bit late all the royals guest arrives if they shall be ready for galla dinner with dresses and tiaras in less than one and a half hour? :)

I am sure that they have arrived already but the photographers didn't upload the pictures yet. I would be very (pleasantly) surprised if there would be tiaras tonight btw.

Wasn't the pre-inauguration event of Queen Beatrix a white tie event?

The photo of the Princesses sitting on the thrones is adorable. I look forward to seeing many, many more lovely photos of the events tomorrow. :D

I have seen some images of the guests in their beautiful dresses and I have to admit, I do wish Edward and Sophie were there. I know Charles and Camilla are attending as he is the heir but Edward and Sophie fit in so much better! I know I am being biased toward the Wessex's though, but I wanted to see Sophie in a pretty dress like everyone else!

Last edited:
There will be a brunch this afternoon for the guests who didn't leave yet.

Last edited:
Good to know that the inauguration made the front page of the NY Times this morning. It's nic see that royal occasions outside of the British royal family make the U.S. press.

Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco leaves the Royal Palace after having brunch with other guests on May 1, 2013 in Amsterdam Netherlands.
ImageBam ** ImageBam ** ImageBam

Prince El Hassan bin Talal of Jordan and Princess Sarvath El Hassan of Jordan leave the Royal Palace after brunch with King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima of The Netherlands on May 1,
ImageBam ** ImageBam ** ImageBam

Last edited by a moderator:
There is only a picture of the prince but no Masako I guess she didn't go to the brunch.

The girls are actually wearing different clothes! Let's hope they keep that up from now on :)

On certain occasions girls, particularly ones close in age, suit matching outfits. It's practical and time saving, plus the triple A's looked beyond cute these past two days.

Have Charles and Camilla left Amsterdam...are they back to the U.K?

:previous:

Yes, they are back in London. The Prince of Wales yesterday (May 1st) already attended two events in London.

Back
Top Bottom