Ruling Family of Sharjah: Al Qasimi dynasty

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never heard about her..Bin Khadims is a huge grocery store in Sharjah ;)
You don´t mean Fatima Abdullah Al Qasimi..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the Crownprince of Sharjah a son or brother of the ruler?

Is the Crownprince of Sharjah a son or brother of the ruler?
Neither. Here are the details from the Arabian News:

13 May 1999
Sheikh Sultan Bin Muhammad al-Qasimi, ruler of Sharjah, has appointed a Crown Prince for Sharjah. United Arab Emirates dailies issued on Wednesday said the new Crown Prince bears the same name as the ruler, Sultan Bin Muhammad al-Qasimi. He is Sheikh Sultan's relative and the brother of his wife. Sheikh Sultan's eldest son died in London at the beginning of April at 24.

Sultan bin Ahmed Al Qassimi: UAE stands as an integrated economic entity in the face of economic crisis
Article

Sheikh Sultan bin Ahmed Al Qassimi, Chairman of the Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority (SCTDA) said that the UAE is standing as an integrated economic entity in the face of economic crisis, stressing the importance of Sharjah's investor-friendly climate, which transformed the emirate into an attractive investment destination in only a few years, luring a large number of industrial and trading activities to its state-of-the-art free zones and industrial areas.

Al Qassimi was addressing the attendees in a speech he delivered at the Special Economic Zones Forum being held in Sharjah from 10 to 11 May 2009, where he presented the investment features in the emirate of Sharjah and the growth achieved in various economic sectors.

Death of Sheikh Mohammed, 1999

bear with me
but i found some reports about sheikh's son who dies in 1999.it says he died cause of drugs!!! have a look here.
i felt so sad after reading this.i was small at that time but lived all my life here in sharjah.may ALLAH grand him jannah.

The Independent, 16 June 1999
THE ELDEST son of the ruler of Sharjah died of a heroin overdose at his family's English country estate, an inquest was told. Sheikh Mohammed bin Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi was found on the floor of his bathroom, surrounded by syringes and a tie strapped as a tourniquet around his arm.

Detective Sergeant Roger Sealey of Sussex Police told the court that a syringe was found under the prince's leg. "There was the full paraphernalia of an intravenous drugs user. In the bathroom there were several syringes on the sink and a type of dessert spoon near by."

The prince had long been a worry to his father, who had chosen a younger son to succeed as ruler. Thrown out of an Arizona university and unable to settle on any profession, the prince had turned to heroin.

Sheikh Sultan bin Saqer passed away, today. RIP Sheikh Sultan.

i'm not able to view the pics...tis says forbidden

Oh IDKY you are getting that... I'll try to fix it if I can't, im sorry.
The Invite is a blue box just like the Sheikha Shaikhas men's invite. The handle is sort of a thread but they are pearls. The box has embroidery on it. Inside its blue again... It was nice, but the blue wasn't as flattering.

I got an invite to that wedding. The card had mother of pearls on it, it was quite pretty but the blue color was abit bright IMO.

Is Sheikh Khalid Bin Sultan Al Qasimi part of this family?
This article mentions H.H. Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah and his son, Sheikh Khalid bin Sultan Al Qasimi.

Is nice to someone pursuin his dreams, his collection was not that bad.

Sharjah in the dark again

Residents left guessing about when they can expect a respite from recurring power outages...:sad:
Sharjah: It happens year after year with unfailing regularity, and yet no corrective action seems to be taken. Power cuts have returned to plague Sharjah yet again, but the authorities continue to keep residents in the dark about the cause of the blackouts or when they will be able to come up with a solution.
The outage hit tenants hard on Tuesday night with many areas left without electricity or running water from 8pm to 4am yesterday. Localities affected included Maliha, Buheirah Corniche, Al Khan, Al Majaz, Al Qasimia, Jamal Abdul Nasser Street and King Faisal Street.

{Believe it or not the nuclear plant being built will help power more electricity to the region.}

gulfnews : Sharjah in the dark again

Sheikha Maryam Al-Shamsi (95), mother of HH Sheikh Sultan III, the Emir of Sharjah, died yesterday.

Does anyone know, to which of Sheikh Sultan III's brothers she was also mother?

Sharjah crown prince attends mass wedding ceremony

Sharjah Crown Prince Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed bin Sultan Al Qasimi has attended a mass wedding ceremony at the Heritage Village in Khor Fakkan town on the eastern coast of the UAE, it was announced Saturday.

The sixth mass wedding in the region was organised jointly by the Marriage Fund and the Khor Fakkan municipal council Friday. Forty-one couples tied the knot. - WAM

Sheikha Lubna in Forbes annual "most powerful women" list

Middle East First Ladies lauded in ‘most powerful’ rankings

Four Arab women, including Sheikha Lubna from Sharjah's Ruling Family, have been ranked among the world’s most powerful women in Forbes’ annual listing.

Sheikha Lubna bint Khalid bin Sultan al Qasimi, the UAE’s Minister of Foreign Trade and the first woman to hold a cabinet position in the Gulf state, was ranked no.70.
Forbes said: “Her persistent calls for an open trade policy and her efforts to diversify the economy have helped put Dubai on the road to recovery.”

Hello everyone

I have a question :

http://www.ameinfo.com/images/news/3/41343-SheikhSultanOfficial.jpg

H.H Sheikh Sultan bin Ahmed bin Sultan Al-Qasimi

I don't know much about Shiek Sultan bin Ahmed .. anyone know more info about him? (like when he was born and and to whom he is married? I have an essay to write a background about him. and I can't find anything online.

Sharjah project to aid poor women - The National
Sheikha Jawaher Al Qasim
i, the chairwoman of the Supreme Council on Family Affairs and honorary patron of the SBWC, said she had seen a need to support such women and help them to develop after a visit to the eastern and middle regions of the emirate.
Sheikha Jawaher, wife of the Ruler of Sharjah, said she had been impressed by the women, who embraced and kept alive traditional crafts.

Sheikha Bodour Al Qasimi receives UAEBBY ambassador
Sheikha Bodour bint Sultan Al Qasimi, President of the UAE Board on Books for Young People (UAEBBY) received the Board's ambassadors of Writers, illustrators and publishers at the UAEBBY stand at the Sharjah International Book Fair 2011.
Sheikha Bodour discussed a number of topics related to activating the role of UAE writers and illustrators with the Board's ambassadors, as well as ways to increase their contribution to promoting children's literature and culture. The discussions also touched on the Board's strategies for 2012.

WAM | Emirates News Agency
Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Sharjah HH Sheikh Sultan Bin Mohammed Bin Sultan Al Qasimi hailed the enormous support given by Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah HH Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi to the people with disabilities both at home and abroad.

gulfnews : Sharjah Ruler's brother laid to rest after Friday prayers
The Court of HH Dr Shaikh Sultan Bin Mohammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah, yesterday mourned the death of the Ruler's brother Shaikh Humaid Bin Mohammad Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, who passed away on Thursday night. A statement from the court contained prayers for his soul. The Diwan also announced official mourning of seven days in Sharjah, during which flags will be flown at half mast.
President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan despatched a condolence cable to Shaikh Sultan. In the cable, Shaikh Khalifa expressed his profound sorrow to the bereaved family.

Hi - does anyone know how Sheikh Abdul Rahman Al Qassimi & Sheikh Ahmed Mohammed Al Qassimi are connected to the ruler or have any information on them?

Back
Top Bottom